There are 155 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Crabtree is not worth anything. He's the last guy we should pay. He's been here for years and he has had 1 good year. 1.... He's always walking around with a boot on his foot and complaining his foot hurts and now he has a torn achilles tendon. That is a bad injury for a WR to come back from. He was slow to begin with and now he will be slower. We need to draft a WR.

We have a year and half to make this decision.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LULZ at people still thinking that Crabtree being out is the problem.

Dude was Mr. 3rd down. He got open. Him gone is not the only problem but one huge part.
and people were saying Crabs being gone would be a good thing for Kaep's development.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
49ers have scored 10 points in 2 weeks. Bums

How old r u dude
No. We have resign Iupati because he blocks for kaepernick who passes to the wr. The wr gets opens and stuff.

God I miss that YAC though.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
and people were saying Crabs being gone would be a good thing for Kaep's development.

Well it was a great theory. Of course, no one expected he'd be replaced with underachievers, rookies and 5rd draft picks.

Can we admit that Kap desperately needs Crabtree. This should help prove how underrated Crabtree is.
sign all theee playurz....
I think it wouldn't hurt to try and resign him now, lol cause when he returns and lights it up not going to be cheap!
Heck it's not bad idea to re-sign Manningham either. He will be cheap and he's only 27.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Crabs is an off injured WR. Drafting talent is important and we havent done it.

do you mean oft as in often? Because I'm pretty sure that outside of a single game missed in 2011 he only missed games that meant anything because of his hold out and he showed up ready to play the minute he signed his contract.

Tearing an achilles after 4 full years of consistent health is a VERY GOOD track record .

yeah that was a typo...

And yes he always has something wrong with him to start the season. Call me crazy but I see a big payday and more injury to follow. I dont see him being a safe long term weapon.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you guys.

Okay, so Baalke knows that we can't pay Kaepernick 100 mil + Crabtree + Iupati + Aldon Smith.

So what does Baalke and company do?

Tank parts of the season and have a mediocre season for Kaep (via play calling and game plans) with our team ending up as a wild card team, 9-7 or 8-8.
Bring Kaep's value down to mid of the pack QB, then negotiate Kaep to a 8 mil / per year contract after this year.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

Okay, so Baalke knows that we can't pay Kaepernick 100 mil + Crabtree + Iupati + Aldon Smith.

Tank parts of the season and have a mediocre season for Kaep (via play calling and game plans) with our team ending up as a wild card team, 9-7 or 8-8.
Bring Kaep's value down to mid of the pack QB, then negotiate Kaep to a 8 mil / per year contract after this year.
um no
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

Did you really just bring up Kaeps contract?

Lets not go down that road at this point.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Did you really just bring up Kaeps contract?

Lets not go down that road at this point.

It may be a tad premature but it is something that we need to keep in mind. He has one more year on his deal and if we dont want to get into a bidding war...well you know.
Even though we won last night, I think our WRs still were underwhelming.

I like the fact that Patton & Baldwin finally made some plays, but Baalke, please find a way to keep Crab.
Share 49ersWebzone