There are 246 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
All those WRs had good QBs, Crabs JUST got one.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
All those WRs had good QBs, Crabs JUST got one.

I've done enough research on this thread.
But luckily I know enough to tell you that isn't the case.

c'mon man, if im going to put that much time into a post please at least know what you are talking about when you critique mine
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Does not deserve top 5 money. Top 25, yes.

Top is 15 then yes.. He is having plm his injured feet.. He missed play in preseason for three years and some missed real games too..
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I'm going to say this and it's shocking me ... I actually agree with San Diego ..

I'm sorry but even to THIS team, Crabtree isn't worth $8 mil per year. People have been saying that "when Crabtree returned, the offense was much better because there was a viable third receiving option."

Maybe it's me but there are teams out there killing it with TWO receiving options - why is it that we need 3 for a functional offense.....

Anyway ... we are looking for/need a consistent dominant receiver. This offense would be better if we had:

Calvin Johnson (Detroit) $16.207 million
Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona) $16.142 million
Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City) $11.2 million
Brandon Marshall (Chicago) $11.194 million
Vincent Jackson (Tampa Bay) $11.111 million
Andre Johnson (Houston) $10.185 million
Victor Cruz (N.Y. Giants) $8.6 million
Roddy White (Atlanta) $8.544 million

Joining Vernon, Anquan, Patton, now Lloyd and at times Gore out of the backfield. I'm sorry but I'd rather in this case either (trade up and) draft Crabtree's replacement of go after a prize FA at WR. 1 productive season in 6 years.

Wow. I didn't know that Chicago paid high to Brandon Marshall. I thought it was paid him for middle but I was wrong. Lol. I was interested in him. I surprised that Chicago paid him a lot money's because I undy that Marshall seem work hard to played it as pro.
There is no way Crabtree stays with the 49ers. As much as I like him and what he could have become with more pass friendly offenses like NO,GB,NE, etc he has had a decent career as a 49er but the 49ers simply will not pay a WR $10mill + per year.
I'm cool with giving him Roddy White/Victor Cruz money if he has similar production to his best season next year. He's as good as those guys and if he makes it thru the whole season healthy, hopefully we can get that done. If he has a great season like 1500 yds., franchise him. If he doesn't stay on the field though, we let him walk.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I just hope he will finally play and be elite for one WHOLE/FULL season without getting injured
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I'm going to say this and it's shocking me ... I actually agree with San Diego ..

I'm sorry but even to THIS team, Crabtree isn't worth $8 mil per year. People have been saying that "when Crabtree returned, the offense was much better because there was a viable third receiving option."

Maybe it's me but there are teams out there killing it with TWO receiving options - why is it that we need 3 for a functional offense.....

Anyway ... we are looking for/need a consistent dominant receiver. This offense would be better if we had:

Calvin Johnson (Detroit) $16.207 million
Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona) $16.142 million
Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City) $11.2 million
Brandon Marshall (Chicago) $11.194 million
Vincent Jackson (Tampa Bay) $11.111 million
Andre Johnson (Houston) $10.185 million
Victor Cruz (N.Y. Giants) $8.6 million
Roddy White (Atlanta) $8.544 million

Joining Vernon, Anquan, Patton, now Lloyd and at times Gore out of the backfield. I'm sorry but I'd rather in this case either (trade up and) draft Crabtree's replacement of go after a prize FA at WR. 1 productive season in 6 years.

If they want to let Crabtree walk because he's too expensive, fine. But they better be prepared to load up on quality receiving options who can be productive.

Disagree that there are teams who function with only 2 receiving options. You can FEATURE 2 guys more than the others, but you have to have at least 4 or 5 guys total who are involved in the passing game, be it WRs, TEs, RBs. Last year we literally had 2 options all year, 3 when Crabtree came back.

If we don't want to use the RB in the passing game, we better load up on WR and TE talent. Crab-Boldin-Davis is a nice trio, but not nearly enough. We need 2 more guys that are capable of getting open and making plays on the ball.
I don't think we should keep him. I mean, I love Crabtree, but he loves money and he isn't going to stay at a reasonable price. Let him walk, collect a third-round compensation pick and start grooming a replacement.

That said, having Crabtree leave and being left with only a 35-year-old Boldin in the final year of his contract is a scary proposition.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Injured his foot soph year at Texas tech
Had a stress fracture during his pro-day
Broke his foot again pre-season of 2011 and missed all games (pre-season games)
2012 was his great year
2013- we all know his achilles story

He is going into his 5th year with 1 1000+ yrd season
Has yet to break 10td for one season

To me, he is worth 5-6 mil a year.
Nothing more

Injured his foot soph year at Texas tech
Had a stress fracture during his pro-day
Broke his foot again pre-season of 2011 and missed all games (pre-season games)
2012 was his great year

2013- we all know his achilles story

He is going into his 5th year with 1 1000+ yrd season
Has yet to break 10td for one season

To me, he is worth 5-6 mil a year.
Nothing more

Harvin is often injured and making over 60 mil I think if Baalke came up with something incentive filled that protects the team he could inflate the number to something similar and get it done. I'd be happy with that, but I'm ignorant to how that would fit under the cap.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Apr 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]

Sorry for the triple post,
These are the guys getting paid around what I am assuming Crabtree wants to be payed at,

Again.

Hopefully Baalke won't pay Crabs for what he "thinks" he can do, rather what he HAS DONE.

Clearly he isn't there

Excellent man!!

IMO, Crabs is borderline elite. He's damn good BUT I don't care how good someone is - they aren't dong the team any good on IR/PUP or in short, not being on the field.

Next, let's face it he's after major $$$ and why not - get it while you can.

Even if he has his best year and is healthy, I think he and his agent, Parker, will test the waters of FA and go for the green. AND Trent will manage the cap and keep the team out of bad financial decisions.

Fine, this is a SUPER draft for WR at every level. We need to get his replacement and Boldin's replacement and get them groomed and ready to rock.

I'm seriously hoping for Odell Beckhamm and Montcrief.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Apr 22, 2014 at 8:32 AM ]
I don't see us keeping Crabtree either, his ego will get in the way. Even though he's only had one good year (not even close to a great year) he believes he should be payed as an elite WR, based on what? Maybe he's still living in the past at Texas Tech. My offer to him would be 2 years 15 mil and if he can stay healthy during those 2 years, that we can talk 10mil+ a year.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Sorry for the triple post,
These are the guys getting paid around what I am assuming Crabtree wants to be payed at,

Again.

Hopefully Baalke won't pay Crabs for what he "thinks" he can do, rather what he HAS DONE.

Clearly he isn't there

Excellent man!!

IMO, Crabs is borderline elite. He's damn good BUT I don't care how good someone is - they aren't dong the team any good on IR/PUP or in short, not being on the field.

Next, let's face it he's after major $$$ and why not - get it while you can.

Even if he has his best year and is healthy, I think he and his agent, Parker, will test the waters of FA and go for the green. AND Trent will manage the cap and keep the team out of bad financial decisions.

Fine, this is a SUPER draft for WR at every level. We need to get his replacement and Boldin's replacement and get them groomed and ready to rock.

I'm seriously hoping for Odell Beckhamm and Montcrief.

I want to do Graphs...
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Harvin is often injured and making over 60 mil I think if Baalke came up with something incentive filled that protects the team he could inflate the number to something similar and get it done. I'd be happy with that, but I'm ignorant to how that would fit under the cap.

Well, to be honest Crabtree is no Harvin.
Not to mention over the past 5 seasons Harvin has had 281rec/3302yds/20tds
That is pretty dang close to what Crabs is at,
He is also a perfect example, tested the FA market, got his contract
Then played 1 game the whole season
I'd rather have some cheap rookie we can develop into a Harvin/Crabs then a big salary player who played 1 regular season game

Originally posted by Constantine:
I want to do Graphs...

Haha thanks man, usually I find that when there is a lot of info in a post I just skim over it
So I threw in a graph, figured it would explain my posts better
Share 49ersWebzone