There are 192 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
if Kap isn't going to work on his progressions, we absolutely need Crab.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Among the salaries that figure to be unloaded, I'm not sure how much it will help pay for the stars we need to keep. Here are some names and either how much they're making now, or will make next year.

Potential releases:
Carlos Rogers ($6.25 million)
Jon Baldwin ($1.2 million)

Unlikely to be re-signed:
Manningham ($1.8 million)
Goodwin ($2.5 million)
Anthony Dixon ($630K)
Osgood ($~900K)
Colt McCoy ($650K)

Big Question Marks:
Whitner ($3.8 million)
Boldin ($6 million)
Tarell Brown ($925K)

----------------------------------

Where do they see the most value? This is a massively deep WR class now with all the underclassmen declaring. As much as I'd hate for Boldin to go, we may not be able to afford him. We made the Super Bowl without him before, and Crabtree did almost all the work in the first round this year. Does a year-older Boldin get re-signed for 6+ million? I think they want to, but how would we manage it?

I think Boldin is more valuable than we think. He is demanding as much if not more double teams as Moss did last year. Without that aspect, who will replace him? What will that do to our offense?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lets see if he can stay healthy for an entire season or two
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Priority #1 absolutely has to be keeping Crabtree and Kaepernick together. Crabtree is by far our most explosive and our most clutch player on that side of the ball. We have to find a way to keep him and Kaepernick. Our Super Bowl window slams shut if either one of them is allowed to leave.

Everyone seems to be keen to predict the closing of our Super Bowl window.

I would love to keep Crabtree. But we are coming up to a time when hard decisions will have to be made. And cutting the waterboy isn't going to help.

It is going to be up to Kaepernick and Crabtree. Do they want to smash the team and play with crappy D or no run game? Or do they want to keep the bulk of a great team together and are they prepared to make the individual sacrifices?

Not really up to Baalke. But if push comes to shove I would rather keep Kaepernick and as much of the rest of the team together, and draft replacements for Crabtree, if both he and Kaep want to be greedy. A receiver is easier to replace than a QB.

I am hoping that the team spirit and the excitement about what this team can accomplish will mean more than extracting the last drop of blood from the stone.

Up to them.
Pretty clutch game by Crabtree yesterday. Seems like every time we needed a spark or a critical catch for a conversion Crabs was the one to make it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Pretty clutch game by Crabtree yesterday. Seems like every time we needed a spark or a critical catch for a conversion Crabs was the one to make it.

crabs, Kap and Gore were the difference on offense. so clutch
If Lattimore looks impressive in the offseason, any chance Gore is cut in the offseason to help re sign Crabtree. Aldon and Kaep?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
If Lattimore looks impressive in the offseason, any chance Gore is cut in the offseason to help re sign Crabtree. Aldon and Kaep?

no way
How feasible cap-wise is it to tag him? I assume that any extension would have to give him more guaranteed money for the first couple of of years than the tag. If we can't even fit him in with the tag then we'll let him walk.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Tagging him isn't feasible at all and would make no sense. He'd make several million more than any realistic contract would pay him. Here's an article on Spotrac that does a good job comparing Crabtree to receiver contracts with similar production:

http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-michael-crabtree-410/

The article says similar receivers (Victor Cruz, Desean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Mike Wallace) averaged about $9.5mil/year. on their deals.

Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
I love how Harbaugh will talk crap about Adderall and still start Aldon. I already thought Harbs was a douche but now his word means nothing. Enjoy the 8-8 season guys

nice prediction
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

this^^
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Priority #1 absolutely has to be keeping Crabtree and Kaepernick together. Crabtree is by far our most explosive and our most clutch player on that side of the ball. We have to find a way to keep him and Kaepernick. Our Super Bowl window slams shut if either one of them is allowed to leave.

Everyone seems to be keen to predict the closing of our Super Bowl window.

I would love to keep Crabtree. But we are coming up to a time when hard decisions will have to be made. And cutting the waterboy isn't going to help.

It is going to be up to Kaepernick and Crabtree. Do they want to smash the team and play with crappy D or no run game? Or do they want to keep the bulk of a great team together and are they prepared to make the individual sacrifices?

Not really up to Baalke. But if push comes to shove I would rather keep Kaepernick and as much of the rest of the team together, and draft replacements for Crabtree, if both he and Kaep want to be greedy. A receiver is easier to replace than a QB.

I am hoping that the team spirit and the excitement about what this team can accomplish will mean more than extracting the last drop of blood from the stone.

Up to them.

Agree all the way!

No one runs between the tackles like Gore. Dude will go between guys legs for holes if he has too. I hope we can have a spot on the roster for Gore even if it's for spot duty.
Originally posted by boast:

no way

not a chance. However, i really want to see Kendall Hunter involved a little more, get him in space. we have seen what he can do with just a little room. That being said, Every time Kendall Hunter comes in the game.. they run with him. If i was a DC i would key on him every time he steps on to the field. Would love to see him in the flats or a middle screen.. something new
Share 49ersWebzone