LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Don't get me wrong. I support baalke and believe he's great at drafting. Its not only one time though. I think you took my reply the wrong way. I don't think he cant find talent at WR just because of the Jenkins flub. I'm saying none of WRs he's drafted has produced significantly. I understand he's only used 1 high pick on a receiver but I think it would be foolish to put all put all our trust in Boldin, 2 unproven receivers, and another rookie. Just saying, it'd be stupid to get rid of Johnson. Atleast with Johnson we have 2 proven receivers as our 1 and 2 instead of boldin and a bunch of unknowns.
maybe roman jh bathwater drinkers can try to explain how much sense it made to have johnson setting on the bench playing checkers while you had lloyd out there or miller/staley lined up at the top of your tv screen??

Yup. It made absolutely no sense. Stevie was pretty clutch. Converted some pretty long 3rd downs (I guess that's not saying much since it seemed our 3rd downs were always 7+ yards) and I'm pretty sure he had the best completion percentage. Instead, some genius thought it was a great idea to attack Sherman with motherf**king Brandon Lloyd .

Back to the topic. I respect Stevie even more for staying quiet, meanwhile we had crabs crying for more time and doing absolutely nothing when his number was called. One thing that would piss me off so much is every time he caught the ball he'd jump backwards and end up losing a yard or two trying to make a play instead of just pushing forward and takin what you can.

I was really excited for crabs after the 2012 season but looking back, and I've said this before, his production was more so a product of the people around him rather then his stellar talents.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko

#OffseasonNFLtwitter RT @NinersNation: Crabtree removes 49ers from Twitter bio (h/t @CruzTreihart) http://sbnation.com/e/7753858

good, mr non clutch

yep,... Like Roman, addition through subtraction.
its another prima dona whose dark cloud no longer hangs above us in my opinion

I get he's not a true #1WR, but this crap about him being a prima dona is BS
ok fine
he is not clutch
he lets people like sherman get into his head
good riddance
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Don't get me wrong. I support baalke and believe he's great at drafting. Its not only one time though. I think you took my reply the wrong way. I don't think he cant find talent at WR just because of the Jenkins flub. I'm saying none of WRs he's drafted has produced significantly. I understand he's only used 1 high pick on a receiver but I think it would be foolish to put all put all our trust in Boldin, 2 unproven receivers, and another rookie. Just saying, it'd be stupid to get rid of Johnson. Atleast with Johnson we have 2 proven receivers as our 1 and 2 instead of boldin and a bunch of unknowns.
maybe roman jh bathwater drinkers can try to explain how much sense it made to have johnson setting on the bench playing checkers while you had lloyd out there or miller/staley lined up at the top of your tv screen??

Yup. It made absolutely no sense. Stevie was pretty clutch. Converted some pretty long 3rd downs (I guess that's not saying much since it seemed our 3rd downs were always 7+ yards) and I'm pretty sure he had the best completion percentage. Instead, some genius thought it was a great idea to attack Sherman with motherf**king Brandon Lloyd .

Back to the topic. I respect Stevie even more for staying quiet, meanwhile we had crabs crying for more time and doing absolutely nothing when his number was called. One thing that would piss me off so much is every time he caught the ball he'd jump backwards and end up losing a yard or two trying to make a play instead of just pushing forward and takin what you can.

I was really excited for crabs after the 2012 season but looking back, and I've said this before, his production was more so a product of the people around him rather then his stellar talents.

I'm going to love posting material from the Bills forum when the Roman supporters start spewing nonsense about other 49er topics this year.

#OffseasonNFLtwitter RT @NinersNation: Crabtree removes 49ers from Twitter bio (h/t @CruzTreihart) http://sbnation.com/e/7753858

How can someone play their cards like this in FA? Not the way to go about getting more money. I'll try to remember him for those games when Kap took over and the GB ice bowl.
Originally posted by jbeale49:

How can someone play their cards like this in FA? Not the way to go about getting more money. I'll try to remember him for those games when Kap took over and the GB ice bowl.

Most people knew that he would be gone as soon as his rookie contract was up. He's gonna want to be over paid, and he's a cowboys fan.
good riddance to bad rubbish. this guy did nothing to receive any kind of contract from us. i dont want him back even at the vet min cause i'd rather have patton or ellington be given a chance. we know what craptree can(not) do. i think he only had 1 good year w us. he was never a difference maker even then as in he never changed the dynamic of the game. so whatever team gets this guy will get an over-rated guy with a punk attitude. in my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersush:
good riddance to bad rubbish. this guy did nothing to receive any kind of contract from us. i dont want him back even at the vet min cause i'd rather have patton or ellington be given a chance. we know what craptree can(not) do. i think he only had 1 good year w us. he was never a difference maker even then as in he never changed the dynamic of the game. so whatever team gets this guy will get an over-rated guy with a punk attitude. in my opinion.

yes, here is an idea,, lets get those two kids along with stevie johnson some playing time as compared to letting them setting on the bench while miss lloyd gets all the reps
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Most people knew that he would be gone as soon as his rookie contract was up. He's gonna want to be over paid, and he's a cowboys fan.

I just feel ripped off....crabs looked like a bonafide #1 for the 10 game stretch when kap took over in 2012. He was averaging 6 catches and almost 90 ypg during that stretch. We never got to build off of that because he popped his Achilles. He hasn't been right since.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I just feel ripped off....crabs looked like a bonafide #1 for the 10 game stretch when kap took over in 2012. He was averaging 6 catches and almost 90 ypg during that stretch. We never got to build off of that because he popped his Achilles. He hasn't been right since.

This is exactly the reason why he might be disappointed when he tries to get a big contract and also why we won't be the ones offering him a contract.
Two things,

I don't think he was 100% last year. I think that bum foot is just that, a bum foot. So many injuries around the same area - not good. He just didn't get separation like he did a year before.

Sadly, he will probably enjoy more success in Dallas, being #2 with Dez on the field will help him.

I cannot see any team overpaying him, and he should also expect that so I think he just wants a fresh start at this point. He will choose a pass oriented offense.

I hope he gets a fat contract! That means we get nice third round comp pick for 2016 in return
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I hope he gets a fat contract! That means we get nice third round comp pick for 2016 in return

RAIDERS... MAKE IT HAPPEN
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

RAIDERS... MAKE IT HAPPEN

If the Raiders sign Crabtree and draft Cooper along with James Jones that would be one hell of a group
  • dmax
  • Veteran
bye crabs...gtfo
Originally posted by dmax:
bye crabs...gtfo

Sort of how I feel as well. Who?
Share 49ersWebzone