LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • CMIO
Crabtree and VD have worn out their welcome.

Id like to go with the younger guys with more fire....SJ and Carrier.
Originally posted by CMIO:

With Vernon, this is one season. Michael Crabtree has only truly flashed for half a season. Davis should get another shot, especially since he has one more year on his deal.

I still hope wherever Michael Crabtree goes, some team breaks the bank for him. Not likely, but the more he is paid, the higher our comp pick will be.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With Vernon, this is one season. Michael Crabtree has only truly flashed for half a season. Davis should get another shot, especially since he has one more year on his deal.

I still hope wherever Michael Crabtree goes, some team breaks the bank for him. Not likely, but the more he is paid, the higher our comp pick will be.

Agree with this. Vernon has had a terrible season, but last night he showed he's still the same guy he was before. The TD that was called back was vintage Vernon. He just needs to mentally regroup in the off-season, and Kap needs to get some offseason reps with him. These guys have been playing together too long to not have any chemistry on the field.

Crabtree is as good as gone. He's frustrated, and I think there is growing frustration with him and his attitude. He's got a very nonchalant demeanor when he's not the de-facto #1, and he hasn't even earned the right to be the top option. He's a good player when he plays hard, but only average athletically. His skills are redundant when we already have Boldin and SJ. Time to replace him with a better athlete and speed threat.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Agree with this. Vernon has had a terrible season, but last night he showed he's still the same guy he was before. The TD that was called back was vintage Vernon. He just needs to mentally regroup in the off-season, and Kap needs to get some offseason reps with him. These guys have been playing together too long to not have any chemistry on the field.

Crabtree is as good as gone. He's frustrated, and I think there is growing frustration with him and his attitude. He's got a very nonchalant demeanor when he's not the de-facto #1, and he hasn't even earned the right to be the top option. He's a good player when he plays hard, but only average athletically. His skills are redundant when we already have Boldin and SJ. Time to replace him with a better athlete and speed threat.

yup. crabs is as good as gone. note sure if I agree with the VD thing tho. he is having a bad year after that hold out b******t. he is a great blocker and has always had suspect hands and hes getting up there in age. maybe they will keep him on to finish his contract but in all honesty we can get a solid blocking TE in the draft who will be much cheaper and let us address another need with that money. I liked Vernon a lot but he seems like he gave up this year
Let him go. It's Patton and Ellington time.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

yup. crabs is as good as gone. note sure if I agree with the VD thing tho. he is having a bad year after that hold out b******t. he is a great blocker and has always had suspect hands and hes getting up there in age. maybe they will keep him on to finish his contract but in all honesty we can get a solid blocking TE in the draft who will be much cheaper and let us address another need with that money. I liked Vernon a lot but he seems like he gave up this year

I hear ya. If Vernon was about to be a FA, I'd probably let him walk. But he's still under contract, and I'd give him another season to try and bounce back. We have major changes coming up, and dumping Vernon would just be piling on. We want change, but not too much change. Some continuity is needed.
Originally posted by CMIO:

Stevie Johnson is older than Crab.
Over rated - good Riddance
The Achilles was a big deal. When Kap took over, he looked like a top 8 WR in the league, conservatively. In those 9 games he was behind only Megatrons record breaking yards per game pace for that year. The Green Bay game in the freezer being the anomalie in the pattern of recent performance. But even that, high catch volume, some shifty moves in small spaces, some nice hands catches but nothing of the form we saw when Kap took over.

If we were to pay him, using Stevie's contract as a barometer....4 million per? 4 year 16Million? Even that is crazy to me. I just don't want him. I think he will be someone else's problem for 6M a year. Gulp.
Got me thinking....the timeline of his market value 2014 season:
Pre season 9-10M
Week 4 - 7M
Week 8 - 5M
Week 12 - 4M
Week 16 - $2 and some envelopes.

Originally posted by jbeale49:
The Achilles was a big deal. When Kap took over, he looked like a top 8 WR in the league, conservatively. In those 9 games he was behind only Megatrons record breaking yards per game pace for that year. The Green Bay game in the freezer being the anomalie in the pattern of recent performance. But even that, high catch volume, some shifty moves in small spaces, some nice hands catches but nothing of the form we saw when Kap took over.

If we were to pay him, using Stevie's contract as a barometer....4 million per? 4 year 16Million? Even that is crazy to me. I just don't want him. I think he will be someone else's problem for 6M a year. Gulp.

I said awhile back he'd probably do great in Miami, paired up with Mike Wallace. I still think he's a guy that will put up some numbers in an offense that throws the ball, but I don't see him having the passion or hunger to be the guy or willing to work his way into the upper echelon. That ship has sailed and sunk.
Zero chance he's coming back with his dirtbag agent, Eugene Parker. It's also important to take away Kaepernick's safety blanket, because that blanket has big holes torn in it.
Good riddance, i will not be happy if we bring him back even on a dirt cheap contract. Getting rid of him will hopefully spark us to go out and get a real talent, Draft and FA. Somebody strong, fast, big. Somebody who puts their body on the line for the catch. Crab is someone i have never really seen go up and contort for a ball. Its like if it doesn't come to him right where it should or a little high where he can pluck it at times its an incomplete.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by fly15:
he's gonna be Bradys favorite target

They don't need Crabtree. I would think the Raiders and Texans are front runners at this point if we don't resign him

How do you know? Just curious....
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Good riddance, i will not be happy if we bring him back even on a dirt cheap contract. Getting rid of him will hopefully spark us to go out and get a real talent, Draft and FA. Somebody strong, fast, big. Somebody who puts their body on the line for the catch. Crab is someone i have never really seen go up and contort for a ball. Its like if it doesn't come to him right where it should or a little high where he can pluck it at times its an incomplete.
See the playoff catch fresh off an Achilles @CAR. But in general he has been a letdown this season
Share 49ersWebzone