LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wonder if there will even be a market for this guy in the off-season. If I remember correctly, there are a number of top tier Wr FAs this year. Plus, all the rookie Wr success will probably cause teams to look to fill holes early in the draft. Seriously, how much do you think a team would pay Crabs. He might end up becoming an offensive version of Dashon Goldson.

Too lazy to look it up, but you're right there's a lot of quality FA receivers this year.

I can see him going to NE on a prove it deal and lighting it up.

He'd have Brady throwing to him... I love Kap, but he's no Brady
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wonder if there will even be a market for this guy in the off-season. If I remember correctly, there are a number of top tier Wr FAs this year. Plus, all the rookie Wr success will probably cause teams to look to fill holes early in the draft. Seriously, how much do you think a team would pay Crabs. He might end up becoming an offensive version of Dashon Goldson.

Too lazy to look it up, but you're right there's a lot of quality FA receivers this year.

Not bad. He'd be a great possession receiver in their offense. Brady's hardest throw would be like catching a underhand soft ball compared to Kap.
If he goes somewhere else and really does blow up then we have another problem on our hands

I don't see him going there at all. There doesn't seem to be a need for him there. I think a more likely place he'll go to is Oakland or Houston. Oakland will overpay for a WR since they desperately need one. Houston on the other hand has Andre Johnson who is nearing the end of his career. I'm not sure if they have the cap room, but the location and need is there. I don't see him going to the Cowboys since I'm pretty sure they have no cap room for him and not really a significant need. Same goes with the Patriots and Packers
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Nov 24, 2014 at 9:53 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
CamInman

Seahawks Chancellor on Crabtree/Sherman: "I'm sure it will be a great matchup. Crabtree is a great receiever. Sherman is a great cornerback"
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

I don't see him going there at all. There doesn't seem to be a need for him there. I think a more likely place he'll go to is Oakland or Houston. Oakland will overpay for a WR since they desperately need one. Houston on the other hand has Andre Johnson who is nearing the end of his career. I'm not sure if they have the cap room, but the location and need is there. I don't see him going to the Cowboys since I'm pretty sure they have no cap room for him and not really a significant need. Same goes with the Patriots and Packers

Houston would be an ideal spot. If Miami has any cap space, that would be another landing spot. Michael Crabtree and Mike Wallace would complement each other very well. It's really a shame because Crabtree has the talent to be a second level receiver (somewhere between Jeremy Maclin and Brandon Marshall).

Ideally, I'd love him on any AFC team not named New England or Indianapolis.

Depends on who is the Raiders HC.

Houston makes allot of sense.

Any thoughts on the Ravens?
Crabtree will score a touchdown this Thanksgiving
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Depends on who is the Raiders HC.

Houston makes allot of sense.

Any thoughts on the Ravens?

I doubt it. They have to resign Torrey Smith. Not sure what their cap space is like, but they also already have Steve Smith. If the space is there and Crabtree is willing to be a number 3 until Steve Smith retires which is the same situation he'd be in in Houston now that I think of it. He may want to take his talents to South Beach.
Good call on Steve Smith - the man is incredible. Imagine he and Boldin on the same team.

South Beach seems like a fit for Crabs.

IMO it will all be about the $$$$$$$$$$

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I wouldnt be surprise if there's another deal under the table between the Harbaughs..

Steve Smith & 2nd round for Vernon Davis.
He's going to be juking some DBs out of their socks, not unless Stevie shines tomorrow.
Here's Crab's chance to prove he's not mediocre. He's been waiting for this one since January. If he doesn't shine tomorrow night, I'm gonna start thinking he really is mediocre.
This is Crab's contract game. Big money WRs make big plays in big games. Simple as that.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Nov 26, 2014 at 12:13 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This whole season is Crab's contract year. Has he shown up in even one? Even in the Saints Hail Mary game he was quiet until that one big play.

I mean you can put the pressure of expectation on Crabs for this game....doesn't mean he'll show up.
Share 49ersWebzone