LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
We should give him 5 years $200M, that should get it done right? Lol.

For real though like maybe a 5-6 year $50-60M with incentives.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by outside4949:
THIS times a million. Iupati is replaceable these other cats aren't. Iupatis reputation in bigger than his game. imo

Clearly Crab isn't replaceable. Not with one body. I disagree about Iupati. Although his pass protection this season has been awful IMO he is the leagues best run blocker. I would prefer we seal them both up. I do think we can find an player that's equal pass protection for 1/3 the price but he's also going to be half the run blocker Iupati is. A guard that can run block as well as Iupati is invaluable in this system. Ultimately you don't beat the leagues best secondaries without a #1 WR though.

yea but harder to find a true number 1 imo, we haven't really had a number 1 since TO before crabs showed up, we kept drafting bust after bust of first round recievers yes lupati will be missed and could set the oline back a bit but i rather lose him than crabs.
Originally posted by iCameHere2LaughatU:
49ers have scored 10 points in 2 weeks. Bums

Seahawks haven't done a damn thing in 40 years but lose a superbowl...you mad bro?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
yea but harder to find a true number 1 imo, we haven't really had a number 1 since TO before crabs showed up, we kept drafting bust after bust of first round recievers yes lupati will be missed and could set the oline back a bit but i rather lose him than crabs.
The thing about a guard is even if its a mediocre one he can be hidden with scheme and they are much easier to find. Its much harder to find a wideout. you can help a guard with running backs h backs and other olinmen. This offense crys out for high caliber wr to match with kap. Crabs was it last year and he should be resigned. I don't think any of us want to wait for another one to develop. pay crabs and be done with it!
One good season, a history of injury and a lack of elite speed does not spell monster deal.

If the Niners want him, they'll be able to sign him and he'll be happy to stay. Otherwise, where's he gonna go? Dallas? Pffft!

Don't make the mistake of construing the team's mind-bogglingly inept handling of their WR situation, and the QBs lack of experience in advancing the passing game, as meaning that Crabtree is irreplaceable.

Irrespective, if the Coach/FO don't wise up fast with respect to evaluating and stocking their offensive skill positions, this team does not have a bright future.

They inherited Gore, Crabtree. Hunter and Davis. Botched the drafting of AJ, Johnson (cut) and LMJ (who is marginal, at best, so far) and seem paralyzed when it comes to evaluating and stocking the WR roster (See KW, BMoore, etc.). Niners are lucky that Kap is even on the roster. They were willing to trade him away to Philly for, which at the time time seemed, a lesser pick than they used to draft him.

Personnel dept needs to step it up.
The thing about a guard is even if its a mediocre one he can be hidden with scheme and they are much easier to find. Its much harder to find a wideout. you can help a guard with running backs h backs and other olinmen. This offense crys out for high caliber wr to match with kap. Crabs was it last year and he should be resigned. I don't think any of us want to wait for another one to develop. pay crabs and be done with it!

I don't think the team can wait for another to develop. The window is open for Gore and Smith for only a limited time I feel. At least Crab has another year after this, right?
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
One good season, a history of injury and a lack of elite speed does not spell monster deal.

If the Niners want him, they'll be able to sign him and he'll be happy to stay. Otherwise, where's he gonna go? Dallas? Pffft!

Don't make the mistake of construing the team's mind-bogglingly inept handling of their WR situation, and the QBs lack of experience in advancing the passing game, as meaning that Crabtree is irreplaceable.

Irrespective, if the Coach/FO don't wise up fast with respect to evaluating and stocking their offensive skill positions, this team does not have a bright future.

They inherited Gore, Crabtree. Hunter and Davis. Botched the drafting of AJ, Johnson (cut) and LMJ (who is marginal, at best, so far) and seem paralyzed when it comes to evaluating and stocking the WR roster (See KW, BMoore, etc.). Niners are lucky that Kap is even on the roster. They were willing to trade him away to Philly for, which at the time time seemed, a lesser pick than they used to draft him.

That whole eagles story was bs if you ask me. I think the front office does a good job. They took kap and aldon smith in the same draft. There are many teams that draft for years looking for 2 players like that and never find either 1. It looks like finding a wr is a hole in our scouting department. this is a good front office. they will figure it out!

I don't think the team can wait for another to develop. The window is open for Gore and Smith for only a limited time I feel. At least Crab has another year after this, right?

yea he does. if we win the superbowl within the next 2 years he here, i could see them letting him walk though.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No monster deal for crabs or Kaps. But they should get paid way above average salary.

I don't think anyone would give him a monster deal but 60mil for sure. He's not a top 5 money guy. I don't think he expects it either, but if he does than I would let him go. Dont undercut his value to the team though. Regardless of the staffs inability to scout/train WRs the absense of Crab has made his value apparent. I do wish the FO was more consistent when drafting the skill positions. You do have to give them credit for the defense and oline draft picks.

I'd pay Crabs. He's DAM GOOD! If he had Brady, Rogers or Brees as his QB instead of AS the last 4 years, he'd led the league in catches, yards and TDs without a doubt in my mind. Its not Crabs fault that he ended up on a run first defensive team lead by AS. Look what Crabs did with Kap and Kap was essentially a ROOKIE on a run 1st team. Crabs saved our Hineys vs NE and in the playoffs last year. I hope Crabs stays for a longtime. When is he a FA anyway?
As long as it's not over $500 million

I don't think anyone would give him a monster deal but 60mil for sure. He's not a top 5 money guy. I don't think he expects it either, but if he does than I would let him go. Dont undercut his value to the team though. Regardless of the staffs inability to scout/train WRs the absense of Crab has made his value apparent. I do wish the FO was more consistent when drafting the skill positions. You do have to give them credit for the defense and oline draft picks.

Yes they have handled both lines OK. Even if they did inherit the starting OL. We'll see how their own draftees pan out.

The Reid pick looks like a gem so far (fingers crossed), but I was surprised that they didn't go for bolstering the db roster. Hopefully E Wright turns it around. Asomough is meh. Woodson is ballin for the Raiders. Iwas hoping the Niners would sign him.

I'm really conflicted about the FO, but perfection is impossible, I know.

The same front office that drafted Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Mike Iupati, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Davis, Eric Reid, Bruce Miller, Kaep, got a second a potentially another second round pick for Alex Smith, drafted Chris Culliver,...I mean I could go on.

What front office has honestly done a better job since 2010? No one hits on every pick. Granted receiver is a major priority now. However aside one of the reasons we can afford to go after receiver early and often in the 2014 draft is because they have done a solid job of shoring up the other positions.

Also, for all of the front offices failures at getting a wide receiver, how come no one mentions the Mario Manningham FA signing? He isn't an elite receiver, but he certainly did a good job last year before getting hurt and IMO can be a good number 2 or 3 in this system.
Originally posted by titan:
No monster deal for crabs or Kaps. But they should get paid way above average salary.

The fact that we may not have to give a monster deal to Kaep means it's possible we can keep our QB, Iupati, and Crabtree if they all have reasonable demands.

I do believe however Crabtree is an 90+ catch receiver. When you look at what he did once Kaepernick took over last season. I can only imagine what he'd do over the course of a full season.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone