There are 260 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Crabs is going to be asking for entirely way to much money! We have to sign CK7 and Aldon Smith. We cannot afford to lose either. That's why we trade up in the draft and snag a WR, resign Boldin on a two year $12million contract. And then see where the chips may come 2015 with Crabs

How many plays does Aldon make compared to Crab? How many BIG, game-changing plays? Crab is more valuable than Aldon.

Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? I'll assume your in your early teens so I will not be mean. Aldon Smith has been breaking records since he's stepped onto the field in Scarlett and Gold uni he dominates every game. He makes elite QB's suffer(Like Sunday against Rodgers). Aldon is on pace to be a Hall OF Famer his cleats are already in Canton for two spectacular game performances. He's taking olb's to another level. and Crabtree since 2009 is 6th in the league in dropped passes. Crabs was clutch yesterday we could not have done it without him. But he isn't even the best Receiving threat on our team(Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin are). I like Crabs a lot. But he's not worth breaking the bank over. Check your facts to little kid. Geaux Niners!

let's refrain from these childish remarks, ok? just because someone's opinion differs from yours, there is no need to start name calling.
Crabs is going to be asking for entirely way to much money! We have to sign CK7 and Aldon Smith. We cannot afford to lose either. That's why we trade up in the draft and snag a WR, resign Boldin on a two year $12million contract. And then see where the chips may come 2015 with Crabs

How many plays does Aldon make compared to Crab? How many BIG, game-changing plays? Crab is more valuable than Aldon.

Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? I'll assume your in your early teens so I will not be mean. Aldon Smith has been breaking records since he's stepped onto the field in Scarlett and Gold uni he dominates every game. He makes elite QB's suffer(Like Sunday against Rodgers). Aldon is on pace to be a Hall OF Famer his cleats are already in Canton for two spectacular game performances. He's taking olb's to another level. and Crabtree since 2009 is 6th in the league in dropped passes. Crabs was clutch yesterday we could not have done it without him. But he isn't even the best Receiving threat on our team(Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin are). I like Crabs a lot. But he's not worth breaking the bank over. Check your facts to little kid. Geaux Niners!

Nope, not a little kid. Just my opinion based on what I see. I love Aldon, but right now, I'm not confident he's cleaned up his life. His play has not been solid this year, before or after rehab. Hasn't been bad. Just hasn't been dominant like he was.

On the other hand, look at our offense without Crab vs. with Crab. It's totally different. I have a lot more confidence in the team scoring than I did before.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

I sort of disagree .....

When Justin Smith comes out of the game, the pass rush and run defense is very different.

Yea & Aldon isn't the same. Last year after Justin went down, Aldon struggled. I don't think he got another sack after that injury.
Originally posted by boast:

let's refrain from these childish remarks, ok? just because someone's opinion differs from yours, there is no need to start name calling.

I don't know what country your from. But I seen absolutely no name calling?? You have to much time on your hands. Seriously
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont think we will be able to meet Crabs contract demands. Judging by his previous negotiation tactics he's gonna wonna be paid as an all pro caliber wr, which he is not. He has never even made a pro bowl team and has been injury prone in his career. I would give him a decent contract but not a top 5 for his position.

I don't know what country your from. But I seen absolutely no name calling?? You have to much time on your hands. Seriously

you called him a little kid

Nope, not a little kid. Just my opinion based on what I see. I love Aldon, but right now, I'm not confident he's cleaned up his life. His play has not been solid this year, before or after rehab. Hasn't been bad. Just hasn't been dominant like he was.

On the other hand, look at our offense without Crab vs. with Crab. It's totally different. I have a lot more confidence in the team scoring than I did before.

Okay, I respect your opinion. But look at the games since Crabs has been back. Is he doing a great job, heck yeah! A huge part of that is double teams to VD and Boldin. Do we need Crabs to win #6, I would say yes. But look what Aldon did on Sunday. He disrupted An elite QB the entire game. He's a huge chinch for why we have beat GB 4 straight. Even with his suspension he still is ranked high in QB sacks this season.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

ummmmm....

"I'll assume your in your early teens so I will not be mean" = rude
"Check your facts to little kid." = very rude

i don't know what country you're freauxm but please do not tell me how to moderate.
Pay Crabs. Pay Aldon. Pay Kaep.
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont think we will be able to meet Crabs contract demands. Judging by his previous negotiation tactics he's gonna wonna be paid as an all pro caliber wr, which he is not. He has never even made a pro bowl team and has been injury prone in his career. I would give him a decent contract but not a top 5 for his position.

Most players are about the $$ (short lifespan in a violent sport so I don't blame them) and I don't see Crabs being an exception to the rule. And it doesn't help the cause that Harbaugh just called him the greatest catcher of all time; that's only going to add justification (in Crabs' mind) for what he's going to ask for which is going to be top dollar.

Originally posted by crabman82:

you called him a little kid

My heart goes out to you. Get a job! a girlfriend! Or get a life out of webzone. get of my kahuna's! Please...
My heart goes out to you. Get a job! a girlfriend! Or get a life out of webzone. get of my kahuna's! Please...

just clarifying for you. i dont know many people who call someone a "little kid" then play the absolutely no name calling card. me having a job a girlfriend or a life off of webzone are completely irrelevant to that.
In Trent I trust.

I racall MANY people in the Zone said we wouldn't be able to keep both Willis & Bowman - We did!

There are so many creative ways it can be done.

Will it be done? That's another question.

Personally, based on Crabbs first contract situation and how ell he's playing - I'm not optimistic.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I still don't understand how anyone thinks iupati has more value to this team. never did. its not even close. crab is worth 3 iupatis

Because before this season, the logic was it's cheaper to extend Iupati then it is Crabtree. Even if you overpay for Mike Iupati, it could still be cheaper than extending Micael Crabtree. And then we saw the offense without Crabtree. We also saw the offense without Mike Iupati. And we learned our lesson. Michael Crabtree > Mike Iupati. The money is no object now. The run game did in fact dip without Iupati, but we still were able to put up points and move the ball reasonably well. We also were vulnerable at center, as we've been all season. It would be interesting to see how we look next year with a center. That might help lessen the loss of Mike Iupati going forward if we can't extend him.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Kaepernick: IF we win the Superbowl this year, re-sign him for 7 years around 110 Mil. If not, let him play out the 2014 season. IF we win the Superbowl in 2014, offer him 6 years 107 Mil. IF we don't win the Superbowl in 2014, franchise tag him.

Aldon: After 2014, offer him 4 years 42 Mil.

Crabtree: After 2014 offer him 5 years 42 Mil with the option to void his 5th year

Iupati: Draft a Center in Round 1-3 (Goodwin retires). Draft a Guard Round 2-4. Let him walk after 2014.
Share 49ersWebzone