LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 126 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
He doesnt deserve Megatron type money, or does he?
6 YRS 70mil
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He doesnt deserve Megatron type money, or does he?

No, he doesn't, but I think he was on his way (before the injury) to becoming one of the better receivers in the league.
I hope Deion Sanders stays the hell away from the negotiations this time ..... "Why settle for 20 million when you can get 40 million?" .....STFU Deion
  • Chico
  • Veteran
3yr, 30 million, $15million gauranteed
If you have a top QB you dont need to pay ANY WR top money. So if we think Kaep is worth $100+ million, then he shouldnt NEED a premier WR to be effective, rather 2-3 average WRS would be fine, then money can be spent elsewhere like lineman, defence etc.

I mean if you look at a team like the Lions, they are paying Stafford and Megatron A LOT. I think we can all agree the Lions have NEVER been a true contender (including this year) with those 2 playing. ANd if 1 goes down, that team is 100% garbage as they have no depth.

I am not a fan of paying top $ to WR position, eventhough i love to watch WRs and their egos. So if Crabs will want primetime WR money, i think we let him test the open market and leave. (I dont want him to go)
Originally posted by Chico:

at least 5 years, 55 mil, 20 mil guaranteed
Originally posted by Chico:

I don't see a contract anything like that even though Id love to pay Crabs max. The Niners don't give such short term deals with that much guaranteed. And they want more long term commitment than 3 year deals also for such an important position player
A lot will hinge on the remaining games.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
If you have a top QB you dont need to pay ANY WR top money. So if we think Kaep is worth $100+ million, then he shouldnt NEED a premier WR to be effective, rather 2-3 average WRS would be fine, then money can be spent elsewhere like lineman, defence etc.

I mean if you look at a team like the Lions, they are paying Stafford and Megatron A LOT. I think we can all agree the Lions have NEVER been a true contender (including this year) with those 2 playing. ANd if 1 goes down, that team is 100% garbage as they have no depth.

I am not a fan of paying top $ to WR position, eventhough i love to watch WRs and their egos. So if Crabs will want primetime WR money, i think we let him test the open market and leave. (I dont want him to go)
ive seen what kap is like with average receivers and a beast in boldin and vd. i dont believe kap would even agree with you. lock up as many talented receivers as we can. crabs mere presence on the field yesterday changed the game completely. even despite the threat of a run we were effective passing the ball due to the threats we had in the passing game

Looked a tad slower...is it conditioning or a side effect from the injury?
Originally posted by jreff22:

hes probably not sure of himself yet and doesnt know how hard he can push it. these injuries take time to get over mentally
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

ive seen what kap is like with average receivers and a beast in boldin and vd. i dont believe kap would even agree with you. lock up as many talented receivers as we can. crabs mere presence on the field yesterday changed the game completely. even despite the threat of a run we were effective passing the ball due to the threats we had in the passing game

Sadly, I must agree with this. At this point, Kap is not Brady or Manning where he can get by with average or mediocre receivers and elevate them. Can this change? Maybe. Kap is still very young. But right now, I think he's Matt Ryan or Flacco-esque - above average QBs that are talented in their own right but also greatly benefit from the talent around them - they're not carrying scrubs, don't even think about it. Again, this could change especially as Kap gains more experience and matures as a QB but just to be safe, let's resign/extend Crabtree and draft some stud receivers.

hes probably not sure of himself yet and doesnt know how hard he can push it. these injuries take time to get over mentally

I think the mental aspect is definitely a part of it. He also looks like he has put on some muscle as well.

My crazy theory is that he knew his agility and short area quickness wouldn't be back to 100% right away, so he purposely bulked up a little to counter that. I feel like he'll try to play a more physical style, like we saw yesterday, until he gets his speed and burst all the way back.
Originally posted by KegBert:

I think the mental aspect is definitely a part of it. He also looks like he has put on some muscle as well.

My crazy theory is that he knew his agility and short area quickness wouldn't be back to 100% right away, so he purposely bulked up a little to counter that. I feel like he'll try to play a more physical style, like we saw yesterday, until he gets his speed and burst all the way back.

You all make sense! I don't think he'll be all the way back until next year and that's no brilliant observation with an Achilles injury. I think Crabs and the erst of the team know this and he'll be a bit tentative AND SLOWER for a while. Still, a 60 yarder in his first game back is nothing to sneeze at and won't hurt his negotiations, especially if he builds on that the rest of the season. BUT, Megatron, Dez, A J Green, maybe not even Boldin, he's not.
Share 49ersWebzone