LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Receivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I think its safe to finally say Kyle Williams is just a normal 6th round pick with 35 career catches.

UNLV Rebels could really use him!
WHERE WAS QUINTON PATTON? How many snaps did he play in?

This team SEEMS like it doesn't rotate its players.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
WHERE WAS DAVID PATTON? How many snaps did he play in?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I think its safe to finally say Kyle Williams is just a normal 6th round pick with 35 career catches.

In short, KW is done !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I would appreciate if someone who has the knowledge and info can post a list of all available WR free agents and possible trade targets.

Cos by God, we can sure do with some help and upgrade to say the least !!!
I feel like I've been on here since draft time ranting about how poor WR depth cost us both of the last superbowls, and how we need to be WAY more proactive about getting better WRs.

I suggested drafting 3 WRs in my mock draft (Hopkins, Bailey, and Sanders).

I said that I our depth this year was even worse than last year, our WRs beyond Boldin are average at best, and we needed to do more about it.

And I was consistently ripped for saying these things.

But I think it's clear that Moore and Williams are not starting caliber players. There aren't a lot of options left at this point, but I think the 9ers would do well to at least do these two things:

- re-sign Hawkins or Collie
- activate Baldwin

Sure, those moves will not fix everything. But I think getting bigger, more dynamic players at WR will help. And all three of those players (Baldwin, Collie, Hawkins) have all done way more in the NFL than Williams or Moore ever have. Baalke and Harbaugh need to wake up and face reality when it comes to our WRs.
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Sep 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM ]
i agree, sign hawkins and get baldwin going. kyle is not getting it done. but on the other hand kap needs to stop throwing 100 miles an hour on a 5 yard route and roman needs to feed frank gore!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
WHERE WAS DAVID PATTON? How many snaps did he play in?

Damn the Webzone is fast I tried to fix it, without anyone knowing haha!!

Rookie wide receivers do not make immediate impacts. Unless their name is Jerry Rice and they are the number one target.

Patton is not the number one target. His name is not Rice. Leave the kid alone. Let him be a rookie.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Rookie wide receivers do not make immediate impacts. Unless their name is Jerry Rice and they are the number one target.

Patton is not the number one target. His name is not Rice. Leave the kid alone. Let him be a rookie.

NO, f**k THAT. HE'S A FOURTH ROUND PICK AND I EXPECT HIM TO BE GREAT........

I Think Niners should give Chuck Jacobs a shot he looked really good in Pre-Season it wouldnt hurt
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
I Think Niners should give Chuck Jacobs a shot he looked really good in Pre-Season it wouldnt hurt

He's definitely not the answer. Our guys can't beat a simple jam. Boldin has the strength, but he's slow. How is a 170 lb receiver supposed to do it? He needs a year to build strength.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

He's definitely not the answer. Our guys can't beat a simple jam. Boldin has the strength, but he's slow. How is a 170 lb receiver supposed to do it? He needs a year to build strength.

True I for Special Teams i think niners need to bring back Lavelle Hawkins cause none of are Returners are doing any good
True I for Special Teams i think niners need to bring back Lavelle Hawkins cause none of are Returners are doing any good

I'd be down with that. I'd rather have Hawkins over Osgood.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I'd be down with that. I'd rather have Hawkins over Osgood.

Hawkin may have made some bad penalties but he brought a spark to the team
Share 49ersWebzone