There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Receivers

• Liono
WTF is Kyle Williams in the NFL? He was being single covered and couldn't get open all damn day? I thought he was supposed to be quick and fast.
Originally posted by Liono:
WTF is Kyle Williams in the NFL? He was being single covered and couldn't get open all damn day? I thought he was supposed to be quick and fast.

Jammed at the line. Duh. That's what you do to quick and fast and it works.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Liono:

he's got the shortest stride in the nfl. he's quick, but does not have on-field speed that produces anything.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Our coaches should start Patton opposite Boldin in Thursday's game. What have they got to lose? The current line-up at WR is obviously not working.
Maybe Kyle should learn how to play with the defender more aggressively and then slant to be open in the middle of the field. Instead he thinks he is a home run threat.
The Colts must've been holding our WRs and the refs are missing the calls ... </sarcams>
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Is the play calling that bad then?? Think so??

Absolutely. Roman was a college running game coordinator who I have never felt has any business calling NFL passing offense.

I have always thought his passing game was never good as well.

I never see the back shoulder throws, i have never seen us run proper fades that result in scores. I have not seen either QB under this OC and HC tutelage use pump fakes, look off defenders regurlarly. I see guys like Andy Dalton using pump fakes, looking off guys etc. Sure he has probably the best weapons in the league and im not saying he is a world beater, but someone like Jay Gruden is at least more capable of coaching these things. I haven't seen that since Harbaugh got here. I have seen some very nice wham blocks, exotic running schemes, but we need help with the passing game and thats always been my stance, yes even after the Gb game to open the season too. This is why i have wanted Roman gone for someone with NFL experience as a OC since the NYG playoff loss. I gave him a full season and just had a gut feeling i didn;t like what he did or think he would teach the things i see the surgeon NFL QB;s do, like Brees, Brady, Manning, and Rodgers. I dont expect our QB;s to be that good, but at least try to look the part.
Originally posted by stimpy:
The Colts must've been holding our WRs and the refs are missing the calls ... </sarcams>

There actually was a bit of this going on, they looked like they wanted to emulate SEA tactics to the fullest with the press man, and the jersey grabbing as guys going across the middle. It works too, DB's do it when they are shielded from refs. SEA has mastered this, along with little things like tripping extra shoves without fully extending the arms etc.

We do get called for every little bit of contact though and i blame our DB's coach and DB's cause we always play back, and never press anyone, if refs saw that was our style we would probably get a lot less flags like SEA
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Somebody wake me up when Kyle Williams is benched. Going to sleep cause I'm not gonna hold my breath.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Brady/Belichick are doing it with less talent... what's our excuse?!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stimpy:

Refs/media don't really care for Harbonehead....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LVJay:

Pocket passer>>>>>scrambling QB

And I will never stop believing that. When Kaepernick passes from the pocket 9ers win. When Kaepernick runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, the offense takes a s**t.
play baldwin or harper. why did they trade for them? and why is s**tty ass kyle williams out there all the time?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Pocket passer>>>>>scrambling QB

And I will never stop believing that. When Kaepernick passes from the pocket 9ers win. When Kaepernick runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, the offense takes a s**t.

For now... Brady/Belichick>>>Kap/Harbaugh.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
play baldwin or harper. why did they trade for them? and why is s**tty ass kyle williams out there all the time?

Harbaugh's call... for now, he's just being Harbonehead