There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Receivers

Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
So why have they not brought back Collie and Hawkins?

The same reasons nobody has signed them yet?

Cute.
I doubt that any team would create a roster spot for KW if he were available either. Or Moore. Or Baldwin. Or . . .
We're talking about upgrading a sh*tty roster. At least those other guys have proven that they can actually produce at the NFL level. These guys have had enough time. They've pretty much proved that they cannot.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
So why have they not brought back Collie and Hawkins?

The same reasons nobody has signed them yet?

Cute.
I doubt that any team would create a roster spot for KW if he were available either. Or Moore. Or Baldwin. Or . . .
We're talking about upgrading a sh*tty roster. At least those other guys have proven that they can actually produce at the NFL level. These guys have had enough time. They've pretty much proved that they cannot.

i think kyle is the only one whos proved he cant. they dont give patton or baldwin enough chances to do anything.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
So why have they not brought back Collie and Hawkins?

The same reasons nobody has signed them yet?

Cute.
I doubt that any team would create a roster spot for KW if he were available either. Or Moore. Or Baldwin. Or . . .
We're talking about upgrading a sh*tty roster. At least those other guys have proven that they can actually produce at the NFL level. These guys have had enough time. They've pretty much proved that they cannot.

i think kyle is the only one whos proved he cant. they dont give patton or baldwin enough chances to do anything.


I tend to agree...and don't count on seeing Baldwin get a shot, at least this week...heard Matt Maiocco on 95.7 say that Baldwin was on the scout team all week and is unlikely to be active. Whether it's Baldwin, Patton, or ?? getting a good, long look to see what they can do, I don't understand why JH & Co are so hesitant. How could someone come out and actually contribute less than KW? I think they're misreading this like they did with LMJ last year...dude was lightning in a bottle, you just have to get him out on the field and give him a chance. But it wasn't until KH went down that they did and then, oh, wow, this guy's not bad.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
So why have they not brought back Collie and Hawkins?

The same reasons nobody has signed them yet?

Cute.
I doubt that any team would create a roster spot for KW if he were available either. Or Moore. Or Baldwin. Or . . .
We're talking about upgrading a sh*tty roster. At least those other guys have proven that they can actually produce at the NFL level. These guys have had enough time. They've pretty much proved that they cannot.

i think kyle is the only one whos proved he cant. they dont give patton or baldwin enough chances to do anything.


Yes, you're right.
Patton hasn't had enough time to show what he can do. Hopefully he steps up.
Baldwin I'm less sure about. Maybe he'll amount to something, but he's had opportunities in KC and showed up short.
BMoore also . . . nothing.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
Originally posted by cciowa:
good thoughts as always buck. i am just thinking when our combined catches for wideouts in three games , excluding boldin and vernon, amounts to something like 10 or so,, we would have nothing to lose by putting jon in. as you said, maybe he is dogging it and has not deserved the chance to start. jenkins sucks to and what is frightening, if your theory is true,, the chiefs could have gotten the best part of that deal

But, I never said anything about Baldwin dogging it. We do not know how he has been doing. The media reports, what few of them we have seen, have been positive.

My theory, if I have a theory, is only that the team could be taking a slow cautious approach with Baldwin--making sure that the head problems have been left behind.

This approach does not mean that Baldwin will not turn out to be a good receiver for the team.

We are only in the fourth week of the season. We can not make any rational judgments about Baldwin at this point.

The problem seems to be that a slow cautious approach, which may the correct way of dealing with Baldwin, does little to alleviate the immediate need the team has for more production from wide receivers. Smile
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
Originally posted by eonblue:
I never claimed that you said KC pulled one over on Baalke. It was hyperbole.

If sometimes not acting is the right thing to do then we should've never picked this guy up in the first place. The FO should've exercised a little inaction, and avoided this trade entirely. They wouldn't have a dead spot on the roster.

If his problems are so bad he can't step foot out on a field then they should've placed him on NFI and told him to he has 6 weeks to get his head right.

Sorry. I did not get the hyperbole.

We will find out if the trade was a good or bad move. I hope that it turns out well.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by eonblue:
All things considered. Why trade for him then?

I highly doubt that the FO was oblivious to the "head problems" you're referring to. Reid didn't pull one over on Baalke so why trade for a headcase?

At least people would've known what to expect if Jenkins was still on the roster but they traded for a guy that can perform, and did perform in PS.

The FO forced their hand on this one. We have a giant hole at WR. We have a capable WR on the roster. A capable WR that made the final cut over other capable WRs.

If Baldwin is such a lost cause that he can't be activated when needed the most then they need to cut him and sign a cap friendly FA right now. Admit you made a mistake and move on.

This is a business. Not acting is the only wrong answer here which is exactly what they're doing.

It is pretty clear that the FO knew Baldwin has issues. I never said that KC pulled one over on Baalke.

Baldwin has played better than AJ Jenkins in the regular season. Baldwin does have some talent.

If Baldwin straightens up his act, the trade could prove to be a good deal. But, it might take a little longer than five weeks for him to get his act together.

This is the real world. There are seldom any easy answers and there are no panaceas or magic bullets. Sometimes, not acting is the right thing to do.

Anybody have a link to what specific problems Baldwin has NOW? I read about the fight two years ago, but that was two years ago and have heard of nothing significant since. To me, it sounds like the typical case where a change of scenes is the best thing.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by eonblue:
All things considered. Why trade for him then?

I highly doubt that the FO was oblivious to the "head problems" you're referring to. Reid didn't pull one over on Baalke so why trade for a headcase?

At least people would've known what to expect if Jenkins was still on the roster but they traded for a guy that can perform, and did perform in PS.

The FO forced their hand on this one. We have a giant hole at WR. We have a capable WR on the roster. A capable WR that made the final cut over other capable WRs.

If Baldwin is such a lost cause that he can't be activated when needed the most then they need to cut him and sign a cap friendly FA right now. Admit you made a mistake and move on.

This is a business. Not acting is the only wrong answer here which is exactly what they're doing.

It is pretty clear that the FO knew Baldwin has issues. I never said that KC pulled one over on Baalke.

Baldwin has played better than AJ Jenkins in the regular season. Baldwin does have some talent.

If Baldwin straightens up his act, the trade could prove to be a good deal. But, it might take a little longer than five weeks for him to get his act together.

This is the real world. There are seldom any easy answers and there are no panaceas or magic bullets. Sometimes, not acting is the right thing to do.

Anybody have a link to what specific problems Baldwin has NOW? I read about the fight two years ago, but that was two years ago and have heard of nothing significant since. To me, it sounds like the typical case where a change of scenes is the best thing.

He has a problem catching the ball
Baldwin is active and Moore (1 reception this season) is inactive. Let's see what he's got. And LMJ should help add some speed on returns and possibly the read option offense. Let's Go Niners!
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
Originally posted by dj43:
Anybody have a link to what specific problems Baldwin has NOW? I read about the fight two years ago, but that was two years ago and have heard of nothing significant since. To me, it sounds like the typical case where a change of scenes is the best thing.

He is active tonight.

A good sign that he has left the problems in the past.

Hope he has a good game.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,034
I would cut Moore and Osgood and sign Hawkins and Collie again.
Originally posted by pd24:
I would cut Moore and Osgood and sign Hawkins and Collie again.

Any word on Patton's injury? We may need to kick the tires on bringing one of them back just to have enough bodies.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,653
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by pd24:
I would cut Moore and Osgood and sign Hawkins and Collie again.

Any word on Patton's injury? We may need to kick the tires on bringing one of them back just to have enough bodies.

I have not seen any news about Patton's injury.
If Williams continues to struggle i wouldn't mind replacing him with Hawkins
I actually am starting to think we really miss randy moss this year. Yea, he didn't do much last year, but he got a lot of attention from opposing defenses. I think that's being overlooked.