There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Receivers

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
buck, he complains about everything try and ignore the new troll. Sorry Rascal, but your points make no sense. Just opinion. Players need to be held accountable for sucking. Not just coaches. leave Baalke out of this. He did his job. It's up to Harbs whether Baldwin, or anyone will play over whomever. Not Baalke's decision. He runs the day to day transactions.

This, to use your words, new troll constantly complains about both Harbaugh and Baalke.

Some of the complaints are just too egregious to ignore.

Baldwin arrived in SF very late in the preseason. There is a good chance that he has not played because he did not know the play book well enough. It seems a little early to complain about Harbaugh not using him.

I am willing to bet that Baldwin is active for the next game. I am hoping that he plays well and becomes an integral part of our passing game.

I do not understand the notion that Harbaugh made a mistake by not playing Jacobs.

Jacobs was hurt a good part of the year. He got frustrated and took his frustrations public. Harbaugh and Baalke suspended him.

Jacobs signed with the Giants this year.

In two games for the Giants, Brandon Jacobs has rushed 10 times for a total of 6 yards and 1 score.
He longest run was for 5 yards. That means he totaled one yard on his other 9 carries.

By now Jacobs is fully recovered from his injury, and he still is not very productive.

I approve this buck,
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think you are missing my point. My point is we never utilize our players.

I hope you are trying to be funny.

Not quite as funny as you.

Get with the program, mate !!

There are 53 players on the team. You have complaints about not using two specific players over the last two years: Jacobs and Baldwin.

Even if you are right about those two, and I do not think you are, your claim that we never utilize our players seemed to be exaggeration as humor.

Apparently, you were not joking. That is sad.

buck, he complains about everything try and ignore the new troll. Sorry Rascal, but your points make no sense. Just opinion. Players need to be held accountable for sucking. Not just coaches. leave Baalke out of this. He did his job. It's up to Harbs whether Baldwin, or anyone will play over whomever. Not Baalke's decision. He runs the day to day transactions.

Wrong thread AB81Rules, I never put the blame on not utilizing players on Baalke, that would be Harbaugh. My comments on Baalke pertains to the WR situation with regards to the draft.

By the way, is not just my opinion, look around you, there are a tonne of follks here who are questioning why we are not playing Baldwin. I didn't even start the thread.
I love how people here are excited about Baldwin. He hasn't shown us enough. Let's be patient... my gut says bust.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
browns just said they were willing to trade gordon. he could be a good fit for kap

got a link? If it were true (which I highly doubt because he's their #1 WR) If I were GM, make it happen. Kid is a freak. s**t look at his first game back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wailers15:
I love how people here are excited about Baldwin. He hasn't shown us enough. Let's be patient... my gut says bust.

Yes, he hasn't lived up to expectations. But Baldwin has two things that Williams doesn't have and that's height and speed. Kyle Williams is almost useless in the redzone where I think Baldwin will show a little. Hands can be improved, height and speed you can't teach.

I don't think it's us being excited more so than what have Williams and Moore done to not give Baldwin a chance?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't think it's us being excited more so than what have Williams and Moore done to not give Baldwin a chance?

Exactly. It's like "hey banging my head against this wall really hurts maybe I should stop doing it"
I think if anything Baldwin may be able to beat press man which is absolutely wrecking this team. Press man is like the Achilles heel of this entire team and it's sad.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Kyle Williams sucks. He should've been cut 2 years ago. He's not a rotational WR, he can't get open. Patton should be getting the start and getting his time. Boldin only seems effective on slant routes. VD is effective, McD should see some more time as part of a two TE set to make up for our lack of WRs. I'm anxious to see if Manningham can help.

The last 2 weeks though, I think part of the blame lies with Kaep. He's got happy feet and isn't hanging in the pocket. He doesn't seem to be going through his reads because he's dancing around and trying to avoid pressure that he's running into. He's also been off with his throws as well.

Your first paragraph has been stated many times in this thread, and I fully agree! Your second paragraph is almost exactly how I was going to say it with the happy feet and reads. Kap needs to find his outlet ( checkdown) faster, and deliver more accurate passes to them (with more touch).

I also think we should go get Austin Collie, as he is a PROVEN commodity (even with his concussion issues).
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Baldwin and Patton should be the other two WRs imo. Williams and Moore had their chance to show what they can do against an average at best secondary and still couldn't get open. I'm not expecting much even if Baldwin and Patton play more b/c WR has been this teams aachilles hill for as long as I can remember. but e might as well try.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Wrong thread AB81Rules, I never put the blame on not utilizing players on Baalke, that would be Harbaugh. My comments on Baalke pertains to the WR situation with regards to the draft.

By the way, is not just my opinion, look around you, there are a tonne of follks here who are questioning why we are not playing Baldwin. I didn't even start the thread.

If you were talking about only Baldwin, the claim that we never utilize our players makes no sense whatsoever. You should choose your words with more care.

Your complaint is that Harbaugh did not use Baldwin in the first three games, correct.

I am willing to bet that Baldwin is active for the next game. I am hoping that he plays well and becomes an integral part of our passing game.

I am not sure Baldwin should have been active for the first three games. He has not been here very long.

We do not know if he had learned the play book. We do not know what he has looked like in practice.

Remember, that there is a red flag that comes with Baldwin, and it seems to be associated with his head.

Andy Reid, who is no dummy, was perfectly willing to trade Baldwin for AJ Jenkins. Reid lost patience with him very quickly.
That does not speak very highly of Baldwin.

If Baldwin is a problematic player, and there are plenty of indications that he is, activating him immediately might have been a mistake.

An immediate activation could have enabled him to think that he has no problems that need fixing.

Making him earn his place on the active roster on the other hand sends a good message. Here is the message that may have been intended.

We do not really care what happened in KC or in college. We were willing to trade for you. We care about what you do here in SF.

If you show us that you have the drive and skills, you will play here, but you have to earn it with us.

Now, the fact of the matter is we do not know much about what has transpired between the coaching staff and Baldwin.

If you, and others, want to make the assumption that Harbaugh made a mistake in his dealing with Baldwin, go for it.

It just seems more than a bit premature to me.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM ]

These are the same people that were super excited about Ricardo Lockette, lol.
I don't understand why the FO let go of Hawkins who was making plays for us, and kept the inept Kyle Williams. PR move? At any rate, this unit is still better than what we had in 2011 even with the injuries. The main reason why we can't get much production in the passing game right now is because Kaepernick is too erratic with his throws right now and misses wide open receivers. His mechanics are really weird which leads to the innacurate passes, he is also missing his reads and can't diagnose the defense to change plays at the LOS to save his life at the moment. I also have no idea why he keeps electing to keep the ball for negative yardage or throw into coverage rather than take the easy dumpoff that would give us a new set of downs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If our receivers can't get separation at least try one that can a least out jump the corner.
Any chance the Raiders would trade us one their guys?

They have 3 decent WRs that I think are all better than most of our guys: Moore, Ford, Streeter

They need draft picks pretty bad. I would look there first.