LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Receivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we just realized how important Davis is as a decoy and creating certain coverages that benefit other receivers
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I'm not convinced we can't win with our current group of WRs if the coaches can use them to there best. I like Patton but he made some rookie errors this week. Leave him in and let him gain experience...he's a gamer who can get open.

name those errors!
New England has no one and gets more production
I'm not convinced we can't win with our current group of WRs if the coaches can use them to there best. I like Patton but he made some rookie errors this week. Leave him in and let him gain experience...he's a gamer who can get open.

name those errors!

The one where CK got on him for not breaking long when CK was scrambling...which is more a matter of not being in sync. "Should I block for Kaepernick, or should I go deep and make my defender decide. Also saw him very confused on a play after being bumped. Does it seem like our WRs are free game?
browns just said they were willing to trade gordon. he could be a good fit for kap
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

name those errors!
New England has no one and gets more production
leaky has a very good point. and i have no answer for him because it is the truth. puzzling, mind boggling, but the truth. i would say they got brady but i would get alot of hate. that being said, they got brady who makes any wide out look good. right now we have one wide out who looks good and ck is not making any of them look good. plenty of blame to go around sad to say
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
browns just said they were willing to trade gordon. he could be a good fit for kap

Our trading game, signings and cuts have been very head scratching cases to me to say the least. If we have the opportunity to bring in some skill players with the picks we have established and we don't make those inquiries, it just raises more questions about our FO in regards to those moves made or not made;

Marecic instead of a DL signed,
Baldwin not played, but good measurable and game experience,
Hawkins cut,
Ted Ginn let go,
Haralson traded for peanuts, but we keep Stupar
Sopoaga AND RJF both let go.

I love my Niners forever, but Im surprised at some of their recent moves to say the least
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Sep 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think you are missing my point. My point is we never utilize our players.

I hope you are trying to be funny.
Cut Marecic. Sign Lavelle Hawkins. Fire Morton at the end of the year. Wideouts have consistently underperformed under his watch. The guy has no business in the NFL. Go back to coaching USC.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Not quite as funny as you.

Get with the program, mate !!
  • buck
  • Veteran

There are 53 players on the team. You have complaints about not using two specific players over the last two years: Jacobs and Baldwin.

Even if you are right about those two, and I do not think you are, your claim that we never utilize our players seemed to be exaggeration as humor.

Apparently, you were not joking. That is sad.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM ]

Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Our trading game, signings and cuts have been very head scratching cases to me to say the least. If we have the opportunity to bring in some skill players with the picks we have established and we don't make those inquiries, it just raises more questions about our FO in regards to those moves made or not made;

Hawkins cut,
Ted Ginn let go,

I love my Niners forever, but Im surprised at some of their recent moves to say the least

I dont like the signing of Marecic over a DL either, but the others are fine. Except Baldwin. Hawkins wasnt making the team, he would be guaranteed a salary if he was on week 1 roster, same as collie but now we should think it thru.

Ginn shouldn't be thought of anymore. He was a PR, but yeah Kyle Williams should Never return a punt, or catch a pass, if he can, 14 catches last year, and that's some people's version of veteran as a WR.

Haralson trade needed to happen for cap reasons, same as Jennings. We are up against the cap. 1.6M at most right now.

RJF and Sopoaga weren't worth the price tags. $12M and $28M is too much for 1 30+ yr old NT, and 1 overrated swing DL, who never played much until 2012.

People should know by now, that we wont overpay for anyone, and I agree with that Logic. Never kill the cap for 1 player. Reason why Kap isnt getting 120M from us. And no way in hell is Aldon getting 100M either.

People need to face facts, Kap and Aldon are elite talent, not yet, and wont get paid like that yet. And shouldn't.

There are 53 players on the team. You have complaints about not using two specific players over the last two years: Jacobs and Baldwin.

Even if you are right about those two, and I do not think you are, your claim that we never utilize our players seemed to be exaggeration as humor.

Apparently, you were not joking. That is sad.

buck, he complains about everything try and ignore the new troll. Sorry Rascal, but your points make no sense. Just opinion. Players need to be held accountable for sucking. Not just coaches. leave Baalke out of this. He did his job. It's up to Harbs whether Baldwin, or anyone will play over whomever. Not Baalke's decision. He runs the day to day transactions.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Hawkins cut,
Ted Ginn let go,

Sopoaga and RJF both left for big pay days. We did the right thing not re-signing them. I'm sure we would have liked them back but we can't pay them what they got. Ginn never did anything for us at WR. We would have been paying him to be a return man and we don't like guys who can't do more than one guys. The rest of the movies I could go either way on. Haralson is the most questionable but I guess it makes sense since we only kept 3 OLB last year we aren't going to want to keep 5 this year. Haralson isn't a ST guy and some times we place a little bit too much value on ST so he was gone. Plus he would be gone after this year anyways. We are getting younger and Lemonier will get valuable experience. He could be taking over for one of the two party boys down the road. Man wish those two made better on and off the field decisions. A lot of talent but dumb players and people at times.

Edit: Also, with RJF you want to pay a backup DE 5+ mil a year? He was ok but not anywhere near that good. As for Sopoaga he was great at NT in 2011 but IMO wasn't nearly as good in 2012. Plus he is 32 and only played 30% of the snaps. Hard to justify that.

And that being said I won't disagree with the original poster. We are stubborn a lot and once in awhile arrogant. Too smart for our own good or get too cute at times.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
buck, he complains about everything try and ignore the new troll. Sorry Rascal, but your points make no sense. Just opinion. Players need to be held accountable for sucking. Not just coaches. leave Baalke out of this. He did his job. It's up to Harbs whether Baldwin, or anyone will play over whomever. Not Baalke's decision. He runs the day to day transactions.

This, to use your words, new troll constantly complains about both Harbaugh and Baalke.

Some of the complaints are just too egregious to ignore.

Baldwin arrived in SF very late in the preseason. There is a good chance that he has not played because he did not know the play book well enough. It seems a little early to complain about Harbaugh not using him.

I am willing to bet that Baldwin is active for the next game. I am hoping that he plays well and becomes an integral part of our passing game.

I do not understand the notion that Harbaugh made a mistake by not playing Jacobs.

Jacobs was hurt a good part of the year. He got frustrated and took his frustrations public. Harbaugh and Baalke suspended him.

Jacobs signed with the Giants this year.

In two games for the Giants, Brandon Jacobs has rushed 10 times for a total of 6 yards and 1 score.
He longest run was for 5 yards. That means he totaled one yard on his other 9 carries.

By now Jacobs is fully recovered from his injury, and he still is not very productive.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This, to use your words, new troll constantly complains about both Harbaugh and Baalke.

Some of the complaints are just too egregious to ignore.

Baldwin arrived in SF very late in the preseason. There is a good chance that he has not played because he did not know the play book well enough. It seems a little early to complain about Harbaugh not using him.

I am willing to bet that Baldwin is active for the next game. I am hoping that he plays well and becomes an integral part of our passing game.

I do not understand the notion that Harbaugh made a mistake by not playing Jacobs.

Jacobs was hurt a good part of the year. He got frustrated and took his frustrations public. Harbaugh and Baalke suspended him.

Jacobs signed with the Giants this year.

In two games for the Giants, Brandon Jacobs has rushed 10 times for a total of 6 yards and 1 score.
He longest run was for 5 yards. That means he totaled one yard on his other 9 carries.

By now Jacobs is fully recovered from his injury, and he still is not very productive.

I approve this buck,
Share 49ersWebzone