There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's More Important for Our Success?

paying mike singletary to talk some sense into aldon smith
It's hard to tell what the issues with this team are now.

The defense isn't what it used to be two years ago or last year....our line has had some turnover, and so has our secondary, and Willis is coming off an injury. I think we're still a great defensive unit but we have exploitable weaknesses, and teams can run on us too.

This isn't a defense that can swim upstream on a short field all game when the offense gives it no help or decent field position. It needs help from the offense.

When I see that, I think that the last two years were a missed window perhaps...when we actually had an elite championship defense, but blew it because of our pedestrian offense.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

The defense isn't what it used to be two years ago or last year....our line has had some turnover, and so has our secondary, and Willis is coming off an injury. I think we're still a great defensive unit but we have exploitable weaknesses, and teams can run on us too.

This isn't a defense that can swim upstream on a short field all game when the offense gives it no help or decent field position. It needs help from the offense.

When I see that, I think that the last two years were a missed window perhaps...when we actually had an elite championship defense, but blew it because of our pedestrian offense.

lol wot? Based on the fact that we gave up 28 points to Aaron Rodgers, even though our "championship defense" gave up 32 to Drew Brees and the Saints? Or based on the fact that we had to overcome Kaepernick turnovers that allowed their offense to begin on our side of the 50 three times

This what concerns me the most. 49ERS Have been gashed for Rushes of 10+ yards it seems twice every game and they also have allowed Rushing TD'S
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

This what concerns me the most. 49ERS Have been gashed for Rushes of 10+ yards it seems twice every game and they also have allowed Rushing TD'S

having both Ice and RJF leave didnt help
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

having both Ice and RJF leave didnt help

Neither ice nor rjf would have played much in the gb game cause of scheme
Somehow the D played better last year in GB Then it did in SF..
Originally posted by BigTrez:
Ok guys we all know Justin Smith can't play forever and that we'll eventually need to find his replacement. We know how much of a stud Aldon is but his off the field troubles are concerning moving forward. Crabtree is a legit #1 wideout but is injury prone and we still have no complement to him. So my question is what position should we address first? We all want Aldon be extended but can we count on him long term? He may be gone several games this year and if he does anything else, probably a year. Do we grab a pass rusher since Aldon isn't dependable at the moment? Go for Justin's replacement, or finally grab someone to place on the other side of Crabs and possible be our #1 since Crabs always has a foot issue? Also what's more important in your opinions? Before the Aldon incident I would've said draft WR ASAP l, but now idk, because if Aldon can't be counted on our pass rush is virtually gone.

TANK
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by frankie:
Ok guys we all know Justin Smith can't play forever and that we'll eventually need to find his replacement. We know how much of a stud Aldon is but his off the field troubles are concerning moving forward. Crabtree is a legit #1 wideout but is injury prone and we still have no complement to him. So my question is what position should we address first? We all want Aldon be extended but can we count on him long term? He may be gone several games this year and if he does anything else, probably a year. Do we grab a pass rusher since Aldon isn't dependable at the moment? Go for Justin's replacement, or finally grab someone to place on the other side of Crabs and possible be our #1 since Crabs always has a foot issue? Also what's more important in your opinions? Before the Aldon incident I would've said draft WR ASAP l, but now idk, because if Aldon can't be counted on our pass rush is virtually gone.

Should we wait n see what we have in carradine, dial, lenonoir? Aldon im pretty sure will get back on track

I agree, other than maybe killing someone, it's all uphill for Aldon.

Unfortunately, we're in a holding pattern waiting on Dial and Carradine. Other than that, I say we go all day for a replacement for Justin Smith, sort out wide receiver later.

Well aldon didnt pull a leonard little! And the fact the league somhow let him play after his 2nd dui after he killed someone yes! Glad aldon didnt, and taking a step in right direction. We will see what we have in lemonoir come thursday night i assume! I hope we have justins replacement in tank! We need crabs n manningham back fast. As well as vernon. Opponents dont seem to respect our deep ball what so ever n are crowding the box! Hope willis's n namdis injuries are very short lived and a few wks here hopefully sooner then later aldon returns!

And to disp, pretty glad harbs n balke are in charge of our drafts lol lotra times fan favs dont make it in nfl!!! Couple yrs ago blaine gabbert was suppose to be the best qb in draft. Many wanted us to pick him up! We have kaep n very glad we do. Hit a bump in road but we will right this ship!
Goniners
Come friday niners 2-2
Originally posted by defenderDX:

TANK