There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh's Discipline

Harbaugh said any discipline that Smith might face will come from the NFL, and not the 49ers.

"That's that pretty exclusive to the league," Harbaugh said. "They have exclusive rights to the consequences. There will be consequences. There always is. Good or bad, we all have consequences."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-expects-aldon-smith-play-sunday

Sounds like it's ultimately out of his control anyway.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
The good news is that I believe Eric Reid has a real possibility of not only being a solid-to-great player, but he'll be a role model and leader in the lockeroom.

This! Not only does Eric have the talent and potential to be a star in this league, but he's bright and has his head screwed on tight. Impressive guy all the way around. Baalke hit a home run with this one
The thug climate of candlestick fans is now rubbing off on our players--or is it the other way around?
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,383
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Some of you guys that brand anyone with a critical comment as "whiners" and constantly feel the need to defend anything and everything this team does at all costs are just as bad as the ones that are critical of everything the team does.

s**t isaint so black and white as some posters here on both spectrums believe it to be.

You are right. The world is not black and white.

I support Harbaugh, but that does not mean that I believe he is above criticism.

I have been talking about the excessive penalties, if I remember correctly since last year. I brought them up after the victory over Green Bay.
I will continue to bring them up. As head coach, Harbaugh has the responsibility of making sure this problem is solved.

I have no problems with critical comments, even if I do not agree with the content of those comments.

But, there are some posters that criticize everything and anything that Harbaugh and Baalke do.

As I said earlier, I believe that some of the constant carpers are no more than clever trolls.
Originally posted by buck:
You are right. The world is not black and white.

I support Harbaugh, but that does not mean that I believe he is above criticism.

I have been talking about the excessive penalties, if I remember correctly since last year. I brought them up after the victory over Green Bay.
I will continue to bring them up. As head coach, Harbaugh has the responsibility of making sure this problem is solved.

I have no problems with critical comments, even if I do not agree with the content of those comments.

But, there are some posters that criticize everything and anything that Harbaugh and Baalke do.

As I said earlier, I believe that some of the constant carpers are no more than clever trolls.

Originally posted by pickle:
The thug climate of candlestick fans is now rubbing off on our players--or is it the other way around?

Feel free to engage in carnal knowledge of your posterior
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,383
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
As much as I would like Smith on the field Sunday, The 49ers and Harbaugh are sending the wrong message to the other players, NFL fans, kids, etc. if Aldon Smith plays. This issue goes beyond Football. This is the wrong type of discipline.

I do not think that benching Aldon Smith this Sunday would not be the correct thing to do.

There is a structure for dealing with these infractions and that structure should be followed. At some point Aldon Smith is going to punished for his actions.

I actually think that the NFL and each of the teams needs to reconsider its way of looking at and dealing with this problem. The problem does not have its origins in the NFL. It starts very early--in high school and college, maybe even before that.

Last year, I suggested that the NFL begin to incorporate penalties in the draft rules that punish players for misconduct during their college playing days.

I also suggested that the NFL make it more difficult for colleges who are known to have consistently broken the rules in college football to become head coaches in the NFL.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,241
nexy guy that gets out of line, starting with Aldon...

Let JS/Raymac hold em up while Patrick/Bowman go to town on the ribs... f**k it if they end up in IR!!
Well Harbaugh needs to learn to shut his damn mouth. He wines about everything from hitting the QB to PEDs and the seahacks. Well Smith is to stupid to use PEDS he goes all out with pill mary jane and booze before 7 in the morning. I guess once a thug always a thug. Harbaughs endless b***hing about every other team is getting old. Grow a sack and suspend Aldon for at least 4 games.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Sep 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,241
Originally posted by pickle:
The thug climate of candlestick fans is now rubbing off on our players--or is it the other way around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08yYqGCTiM
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,241
Harbone still might have his head in his butt!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Well Harbaugh needs to learn to shut his damn mouth. He wines about everything from hitting the QB to PEDs and the seahacks. Well Smith is to stupid to use PEDS he goes all out with pill mary jane and booze before 7 in the morning. I guess once a thug always a thug. Harbaughs endless b***hing about every other team is getting old. Grow a sack and suspend Aldon for at least 4 games.

You must have not seen Harbaugh throughout his career.
We have a team of undisciplined criminals. Thats news to me.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Well Harbaugh needs to learn to shut his damn mouth. He wines about everything from hitting the QB to PEDs and the seahacks. Well Smith is to stupid to use PEDS he goes all out with pill mary jane and booze before 7 in the morning. I guess once a thug always a thug. Harbaughs endless b***hing about every other team is getting old. Grow a sack and suspend Aldon for at least 4 games.

You must have not seen Harbaugh throughout his career.

All he has done for the last 12 months is worry about what everyone else is doing. He need to worry about his own house keep it clean and stay out of everyone else business.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Well Harbaugh needs to learn to shut his damn mouth. He wines about everything from hitting the QB to PEDs and the seahacks. Well Smith is to stupid to use PEDS he goes all out with pill mary jane and booze before 7 in the morning. I guess once a thug always a thug. Harbaughs endless b***hing about every other team is getting old. Grow a sack and suspend Aldon for at least 4 games.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you have watched Harbaugh at all this year you can see that he has actually calmed down a bit. Did you see him jump around and yell at all during the Seahawks game? I didn't. He was very composed and professional on the side line.

In his press conference today you could see he was pissed. But what Harbaugh doesn't do is pander to the media and just give them all the info they want to hear. He gives them the bare minimum and there is nothing wrong with that. He keeps it in house, the way it should be. The players respect that.

My personal opinion is that Harbaugh is pissed off at Aldon. Maybe he wants to suspend him but it isn't his call. Who knows.
...