There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh's Discipline

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
It's not about "defending anything and everything", I think it's more about the understanding that no team, player, or coach is perfect. Once people understand that then this place will have a lot less meltdowns.

+1
As much as I would like Smith on the field Sunday, The 49ers and Harbaugh are sending the wrong message to the other players, NFL fans, kids, etc. if Aldon Smith plays. This issue goes beyond Football. This is the wrong type of discipline.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Sep 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Some of you guys that brand anyone with a critical comment as "whiners" and constantly feel the need to defend anything and everything this team does at all costs are just as bad as the ones that are critical of everything the team does.

s**t isaint so black and white as some posters here on both spectrums believe it to be.

It's not about "defending anything and everything", I think it's more about the understanding that no team, player, or coach is perfect. Once people understand that then this place will have a lot less meltdowns.

No verb1der. You know the type im talking about. The type that tell fans that they have no right to be so "Judgmental" of Aldons behavior etc. etc. For some it is about defending anything and everything at ALL costs.

I would say 99.9% of the fanbase realizes that no team is perfect. But IMO once you have put in a certain amount of time as a fan, you have earned the right to be critical of your team, especially when some of the criticism is deserved. Not all posters that have a critical post about an aspect of the team are ready to jump off the ledge. Some are yes, but some are simply discussing what they see going on with the team on a DISCUSSION board.

Things would get pretty boring around here if everyone always felt and discussed things in the same way.
The dude has horrible luck. Back in my youth I drove stupid-drunk with weed on me way too many times and never came close to situations like these.

Why was he out getting loaded in the wee hours of the AM before a work day is my question.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The dude has horrible luck. Back in my youth I drove stupid-drunk with weed on me way too many times and never came close to situations like these.

Why was he out getting loaded in the wee hours of the AM before a work day is my question.

Horrible luck?

How many times has he not been caught?

I dont know how any rational person can look at Aldon Smith and say he has horrible luck.
Im from the area where Aldon is from in MO, He was never known to be this guy. It is really dis heartning. I hope he gets to play but more than that i hope Jed York comes down hard on this A -hole before something bad happens to him.. My father always said to me, "its never your fault but your always around when trouble is brewing." Same with Aldon, something bad is really, eventually gonna happen to this guy an I really think he isnt a bad kid. It is one thing after another though. People are tired of it and it took the Niners 10 years to rebuild their image back into a classy winning organization. We are now, and have moved very quickly this year to be one of the most profitable organizations the NFL. We are opening a brand new stadium next season and we dont need this trash bringing us down. I want Aldon to succeed as much as anyone, but enough is enough. Either get help or get out!.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Im from the area where Aldon is from in MO, He was never known to be this guy. It is really dis heartning. I hope he gets to play but more than that i hope Jed York comes down hard on this A -hole before something bad happens to him.. My father always said to me, "its never your fault but your always around when trouble is brewing." Same with Aldon, something bad is really, eventually gonna happen to this guy an I really think he isnt a bad kid. It is one thing after another though. People are tired of it and it took the Niners 10 years to rebuild their image back into a classy winning organization. We are now, and have moved very quickly this year to be one of the most profitable organizations the NFL. We are opening a brand new stadium next season and we dont need this trash bringing us down. I want Aldon to succeed as much as anyone, but enough is enough. Either get help or get out!.

Some guys can't handle the fame and wealth. He's still young and can change, but most people with these problems don't change until serious damage has been done. Harbaugh, York, his teammates....they can be in his ear all day, but at the end he has to take the initiative and make better life choices.
he's the new charles haley. talented pass rusher that the niners give away to another team that jumpstarts their dynasty.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I think the NFL is going to suspend Aldon regardless of whether the Niners do or not.
So the FO should just penalize him some other way (can they cut a portion of his salary, for example?).
Let any suspension come from Goodell himself.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
he's the new charles haley. talented pass rusher that the niners give away to another team that jumpstarts their dynasty.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him the new Charles Haley. Aldon has issues, but he hasn't masturbated in front of teammates, talked about having sex with their wives, or pissed on the coaches' cars.
The good news is that I believe Eric Reid has a real possibility of not only being a solid-to-great player, but he'll be a role model and leader in the lockeroom.
Some of you guys that brand anyone with a critical comment as "whiners" and constantly feel the need to defend anything and everything this team does at all costs are just as bad as the ones that are critical of everything the team does.

s**t isaint so black and white as some posters here on both spectrums believe it to be.

No verb1der. You know the type im talking about. The type that tell fans that they have no right to be so "Judgmental" of Aldons behavior etc. etc. For some it is about defending anything and everything at ALL costs.

I would say 99.9% of the fanbase realizes that no team is perfect. But IMO once you have put in a certain amount of time as a fan, you have earned the right to be critical of your team, especially when some of the criticism is deserved. Not all posters that have a critical post about an aspect of the team are ready to jump off the ledge. Some are yes, but some are simply discussing what they see going on with the team on a DISCUSSION board.

Things would get pretty boring around here if everyone always felt and discussed things in the same way.

Fair enough, I agree some of the criticism is deserved. I'm just cracking up at the overreaction, and constant trolling.

It really seems like Harbaugh has a lot of haters within the Niner fan base, why is that?!
No Nothing horrible about it Horrible would have been he hits a van full of little kids and there are multiple fatalities. His thing was just PLAIN Stupid. Anyone that is legally drunk I don't care if its Joe Montana or Aldon Smith they deserve to get whats coming to them... Let me ask ALL of you HOW Many Niner fans here were Bashing A Hernandez when he got arrested or even before when he was Charged with Murder... Only difference here was Aldo was LUCKY he Didn't kill anyone. I remember people here talking about that guy (Don't remember his name) for the Cowboys that killed a teammate cause he was driving drunk. So What its ok for Aldon cause he's a Niner?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Fair enough, I agree some of the criticism is deserved. I'm just cracking up at the overreaction, and constant trolling.

It really seems like Harbaugh has a lot of haters within the Niner fan base, why is that?!

I think a lot of people have pre-conceived notions of what a 49ers HC should be. If they don't fit that model to a T, they dislike him.

I love Harbaugh. Not a huge roman fan, but thats besides the point.

Personally i just think harbaugh rubs alot of people the wrong way. If i wasnt a 49ers fan, odds are i would dislike him as well. I imagine even some fans are rubbed a bit the wrong way by him as well. Hes pretty counter personality wise to what we are used to seeing coaching the 49ers.