LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Discipline

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been so disappointed in the professionalism displayed by this team so far this year. Two or three terrible personal foul penalties that have cost us points, and now this by Aldon. Two dui's is f**king inexcusable. Suspend him now.

The 2011 team was incredibly professional, very rarely made dumb penalties on the field and it led us all the way to the NFC championship. That team was built by Singletary / Nolan, but they needed a real NFL coach to lead them to the promised land. Now we have that coach, but I've been very disappointed in his discipline of his team.

Suspend Aldon and put more discipline in this team to stop all these stupid game costing penalties. I want a professional, stand up team. Not what I've seen so far.
[ Edited by Method on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
fire Harbs bring back Sing. lol

get this nonsense out of here.
The problem was starting to rear it's head after last game, now it's definitely in question.

It's something we're going to have to deal with, imo. We have a solid locker room, with Justin, Patrick, Bowman, Staley, etc, etc. What more can you do to fix the problem?
Wasn't any problems when we had a white qb without tattoos.

Bring back Alex right method
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ads_2006:

you aint never told a lie my brother.
Originally posted by susweel:
fire Harbs bring back Sing. lol

get this nonsense out of here.

Where the f*ck did you guys get that with Method's post?!?!?!?!?

It's a valid concern, IMO.

• boast
  • Hella Fame

do not continue this inciting
TBH, i think some of the veteran leaders on this team need to start holding peoples feet to the fire. I dont know what goes on in the locker room, but it seems like we really dont have that kind of vocal leader that truly holds players feet to the fire. I think it was week one i was watching the carolina game and Steve Smith completely tore this guy a new a*****e on the sideline. You could tell the guy had nothing but respect for smith, and knew he deserved the ass chewing he was getting. (i think he had two penaltys on special teams or something and smith was not happy.)

Anyways, we have alot of great, classy, vets, but i dont really see that guy that really steps up and holds people accountable. we need someone to step up and take this role on the team.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
TBH, i think some of the veteran leaders on this team need to start holding peoples feet to the fire. I dont know what goes on in the locker room, but it seems like we really dont have that kind of vocal leader that truly holds players feet to the fire. I think it was week one i was watching the carolina game and Steve Smith completely tore this guy a new a*****e on the sideline. You could tell the guy had nothing but respect for smith, and knew he deserved the ass chewing he was getting. (i think he had two penaltys on special teams or something and smith was not happy.)

Anyways, we have alot of great, classy, vets, but i dont really see that guy that really steps up and holds people accountable. we need someone to step up and take this role on the team.

Totally agree. If Willis can not be that vocal leader then J Smith or Bowman need to step up and start letting these guys know. Maybe Gore or Staley on Offense but something needs to be done from a leadership point.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
I've been so disappointed in the professionalism displayed by this team so far this year. Two or three terrible personal foul penalties that have cost us points, and now this by Aldon. Two dui's is f**king inexcusable. Suspend him now.

The 2011 team was incredibly professional, very rarely made dumb penalties on the field and it led us all the way to the NFC championship. That team was built by Singletary / Nolan, but they needed a real NFL coach to lead them to the promised land. Now we have that coach, but I've been very disappointed in his discipline of his team.

Suspend Aldon and put more discipline in this team to stop all these stupid game costing penalties. I want a professional, stand up team. Not what I've seen so far.

I don't think you need to worry about the suspension, it is definitely coming down from the NFL cos aside from the DUI they also found weed in the car. This is just great timing, just when we need to bounce back hard this happens. If we can't pull out with a W this week, we better strap on our seatbelts, there might be more losses on the way with Rams in a short week then followed by the Texans. Things can really change in a jiffy in the NFL, if we are not careful this could be the beginning of a bad season.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
This team is starting to remind me of the early Bengals teams under Marvin Lewis. He to was arrogant and thought he could control and change bad character guys. Not saying that Aldon is necessarily a "bad" guy, but we have been bringing in more and more guys with suspect backgrounds. I do not like it.
Originally posted by Furlow:
This team is starting to remind me of the early Bengals teams under Marvin Lewis. He to was arrogant and thought he could control and change bad character guys. Not saying that Aldon is necessarily a "bad" guy, but we have been bringing in more and more guys with suspect backgrounds. I do not like it.

There is a difference. This team is actually good.
I'm starting to get the feeling that last year was going to be our best shot. Hopefully this week we get back on track.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:

Totally agree. If Willis can not be that vocal leader then J Smith or Bowman need to step up and start letting these guys know. Maybe Gore or Staley on Offense but something needs to be done from a leadership point.

Patrick should be the guy, but Justin and Vernon or even Bo could jump in too. I already said after the beat down in Seattle, they need to hold a closed door players only meeting to steady the nerves and fire up the team, they might as well do it in one go now and deal with all these discipline issues as well.
Share 49ersWebzone