There are 612 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh's strategy re; the NT position and injured rookies, FA's, and Vets..

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Note to fans we are not going to a 4-3 anytime soon. We have two of the best ILB in the NFL and two great OLB's so get use to lots of 3-4 Dorsey will be just fine at NT with plenty of help from Ray Mac and Eddie. I would not be surprised if they find some one in the next week or so and cut Stupar to make room for another DT

in my opinion they should fine someone in the next 24 hours to back up dorsey. i have tried to keep calm from this as posters have assured me they will sign someone this week in this glaring area of need. of course i like the coaches and front office but sometimes they do s**t that just defies logic.
Everyone does realize that Eddie is is about the same size as Ricky Jean in fact a little taller and bigger
Note to fans we are not going to a 4-3 anytime soon. We have two of the best ILB in the NFL and two great OLB's so get use to lots of 3-4 Dorsey will be just fine at NT with plenty of help from Ray Mac and Eddie. I would not be surprised if they find some one in the next week or so and cut Stupar to make room for another DT

in my opinion they should fine someone in the next 24 hours to back up dorsey. i have tried to keep calm from this as posters have assured me they will sign someone this week in this glaring area of need. of course i like the coaches and front office but sometimes they do s**t that just defies logic.
Everyone does realize that Eddie is is about the same size as Ricky Jean in fact a little taller and bigger

I really don't know crap about him but we didn't know crap about Francois either until year two. Eddie is a little bigger and taller and preformed better in every drill pre draft except 20 yard (.05 faster ) and vertical 1/2 higher for Francois. Year two Francois played in all 16 games but very sparingly and I expect the same from Eddie now in year two.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Sep 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
cciowa, if we don't sign someone by Friday morning (and we probably won't), we give you full permission to go ape-#$^&*.

this time around, a few people may actually join me on the ledge! really i just do not understand this at all. surely we can find a cheap body to play behind dorsey. our depth has just went from razor thin to whatever the f**k is next to razor thin
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
everyone says rac mac can slide over,.,. well all it takes is for him to tweak his ankle again and then what? again i am calm
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think this year's draft was definitely a sign that the team is planning on filling some major holes next year. Carradine is just one example. Another big example is Marcus Lattimore. The dude would have been a high 1st round pick had he not been injured last season.

But with Frank Gore now starting to show some wear and tear, and in the final year of a three-year contract extension, the plan might be to sit Lattimore, let him recover, and then open the position up for competition next season.

I remember when the decision was made to part ways with Roger Craig so Rickey Watters could get more playing time. Craig was still playing at a fairly high level, but his best days had come and gone. It hurt more than anything to watch Roger walk, but it was pretty obvious that Rickey was the future of this team back in the day.

You might be seeing some of this now.

I agree the moves are for next year but drafting 3 injured players and red-shirting them for what may be the entire year is taking a gamble. If they were healthy all would have been in position to contribute this year.
cciowa, if we don't sign someone by Friday morning (and we probably won't), we give you full permission to go ape-#$^&*.

this time around, a few people may actually join me on the ledge! really i just do not understand this at all. surely we can find a cheap body to play behind dorsey. our depth has just went from razor thin to whatever the f**k is next to razor thin

Yeah. They are probably doing their dilligence. We could of had this problem handled in the offseason with our 1000 draft picks. Instead we draft a guy with a second rounder who is useless to us at this time.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Exactly my frustration right there. I do think, its a wait-and-see with the NT position. I'm just speculating, but Marcus Dixon, Antonio Dixon and Frank Okam worked out for Tennessee almost the same time Love worked out for the 49ers, maybe they wanted to wait and see what happens with that situation. Then pounce on the one that doesn't get signed. I would've been happy with Kyle Love though.

Agreed...Harbaugh just praised him so he should be cut any day now. LOL. I'd be happy with Love too. The Patriots run a more traditional two-gap alignment and that is the mentality I think we need coupled with some A-gap slashes as well (so bummed Williams went down). I don't think with a healthy Wilfork, Love was going to get many snaps but does anyone know the story why he was released?

he has the diabetes

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-release-defensive-tackle-kyle-love-diabetes-diagnosis-215850735.html
Love will probably be on the market for a while. He's a known commodity and nobody is in a rush to sign him. Might as well see what you got in Jerod-Eddie before demoting him for a street FA. It really doesn't matter if we have 5 or 6 lineman. We can have all the d-line depth in the world, but Fangio refuses to rotate guys in. That's just the way he operates.

I'm with you Iowa. I like what the Colts did by giving up a draft pick for immediate help. I believe the 49ers need to do the same. Our D line hasnt impressed me this or most of last year. Time to address it now.
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Exactly my frustration right there. I do think, its a wait-and-see with the NT position. I'm just speculating, but Marcus Dixon, Antonio Dixon and Frank Okam worked out for Tennessee almost the same time Love worked out for the 49ers, maybe they wanted to wait and see what happens with that situation. Then pounce on the one that doesn't get signed. I would've been happy with Kyle Love though.

Agreed...Harbaugh just praised him so he should be cut any day now. LOL. I'd be happy with Love too. The Patriots run a more traditional two-gap alignment and that is the mentality I think we need coupled with some A-gap slashes as well (so bummed Williams went down). I don't think with a healthy Wilfork, Love was going to get many snaps but does anyone know the story why he was released?

he has the diabetes

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-release-defensive-tackle-kyle-love-diabetes-diagnosis-215850735.html

Thank you for the update!