LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

older/ol' skool zoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was watching NFL's top 10, #12s'. I was wondering if any of the older zoners know him. I'm not sure if he made the top 10 or the "best of the rest." Jus the fact they showed a clip of him means he had to be above average at the least. 1, can you summarize his career & 2, if you can compare him to any qbs' from the nineties on, who would you compare him to? Thanks, go niners.
Brodie !

How can you not know your history ?
I don't remember anyone before Joe Montana.
Trent Dilfer
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Brodie !

I'm not that old. The clip looked like it was from the seventies.

Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't remember anyone before Joe Montana.

This for me, lol

Originally posted by valrod33:
Trent Dilfer

D@@@yum, I hope there's a better comparison, they should not even have flashed a clip of him then, lol.
Brodie !

This. Brodie left the niners more than a decade before I was born, but I still know who he is.
That clip is awesome. I remember watching that highlight show with brookshire and summeral every week as a kid. No Internet or espn! Man was it a different game. Did you notice the hit on Namath? That is a penalty now....he did not even look at the ref for a call. Thanks for posting this. Can you tell me where you got it?
Brodie !

John Brodie was MONEY!

The last good 9'er QB before Montana was Brodie.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
The last good 9'er QB before Montana was Brodie.

r plunkett was a good game manager in 76 but injuries took that team from 6-1 to 8-6 brodie to gene washington was the foreshadowing to montana to soloman, montana to clark, montana to rice etc etc. kind of hard to believe someone did not know about john brodie.
I know of John Brodie from watching old NFL Films and that he used to broadcast college football games. I would love to see more games from the 70s with some of the Niners greats before my time. Jimmy Johnson, John Brodie, Gene Washington, etc.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I know of John Brodie from watching old NFL Films and that he used to broadcast college football games. I would love to see more games from the 70s with some of the Niners greats before my time. Jimmy Johnson, John Brodie, Gene Washington, etc.

we got nunleys kid here on the zone somewhere. i think you can find alot of niners highlights from the 70's on you tube.. i was just watching the other night when cedrick hardman and tommy hart made a sandwich out of some hapless quarterback from 1976
#12 was the QB at the first niner game I attended.
Share 49ersWebzone