There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Greatest Quarterback of All Time

Brady's arm is admittedly better, but I don't think I've ever seen a QB with the LEVEL of attributes that Montana possessed: pocket presence, field awareness/vision, confidence, poise, mobility/agility, touch, the list goes on. Also, he may not have had a cannon for an arm, but I think his arm was a bit underrated too. He could make all the throws, just not with the velocity of a Brady, or even a Kap. If it came down to the final drive and everything was on the line, who would you want?
tell me something i dont know
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
tell me something i dont know

OK, did you know that there is a nerve in the lower jaw called the "mental" nerve, and like "wisdom" teeth, has nothing to do with smarts?
CK7
Joe Cool.....c'mon guys we were blessed
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Joe didn't have a blitzer in his face on that winning touchdown pass. He also had Bill Walsh calling the plays, instead of a mangina.

LOL...check again! He had two guys in his face...or were you being facetious?

No he didn't. He was in a clean pocket. Check out the still shot of him throwing. Not a defender in sight.

We're talking about different winning plays. There are several game winning plays in that video...including The Catch.

The op mentioned this play, which brian and you responded, respectivley. Am i missing somthing?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Tom Brady

Shocker.
It was in reference to this comment: "He also made the game-winning pass in the final 38 seconds of Superbowl XXIII that Kaepernick could not".

But I was wrong about the mangina comment. As it was not with us last year.

No problem. Comparing CK to Montana at this point is...pointless...but fun. Kaepernick has physical tools that Montana could only dream about, but Montana had touch, vision, and game awareness unparalleled. That's the biggest question I have about CK...can he develop those tools to a high enough degree to become the best QB ever? Time will tell, but until he does...Montana in a walk!

I definitely agree that intangibles trump tangibles all the time. However, Kap does have some impressive intangibles.

9 times out of ten, when he makes a bad play, he'll make up for it with a scoring drive. Or when the other team scores a touchdown he'll lead us to a score on the next possession, or if we're down big, he'll rally us for the win. Not always, but most of the time.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The op mentioned this play, which brian and you responded, respectivley. Am i missing somthing?

I was talking about The Catch, during which Montana had pass rushers in his face. If the point is that Kaepernick is better than Montana because he gets rushed and Montana didn't then the floor is yours.
I definitely agree that intangibles trump tangibles all the time. However, Kap does have some impressive intangibles.

9 times out of ten, when he makes a bad play, he'll make up for it with a scoring drive. Or when the other team scores a touchdown he'll lead us to a score on the next possession, or if we're down big, he'll rally us for the win. Not always, but most of the time.

CK has wonderful intangibles but he needs to go a ways to catch Montana in that category. It is exciting that he may and if he does, his physical talent will elevate him to a status unparalleled.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home