There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Greatest Quarterback of All Time

Thought this might cheer up some of you guys. He's a lot more elusive than I remember him being.
And his passes are incredibly accurate. He also made the game-winning pass in the final 38 seconds
of Superbowl XXIII that Kaepernick could not. Joe had amazing touch on his short passes, as he was
the prototype for the West Coast Offense under Bill Walsh.

russell wilson
Joe didn't have a blitzer in his face on that winning touchdown pass. He also had Bill Walsh calling the plays, instead of a mangina.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
russell wilson

Russell Wilson does look a bit Joe Montana-esque. But Wilson has a long way to go before he is deserving of any kind of comparison beyond the physical similarities while running and passing.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Joe didn't have a blitzer in his face on that winning touchdown pass. He also had Bill Walsh calling the plays, instead of a mangina.

Joe also went to his number two receiver instead of trying to force a pass into his number one three times.
Thanks - always uplifting.

BTW, our coaches should revisit the "Vault" and start using more WCO.
According to Robert Kraft it is this man. I disagree.

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
russell wilson

Russell Wilson does look a bit Joe Montana-esque. But Wilson has a long way to go before he is deserving of any kind of comparison beyond the physical similarities while running and passing.

Russell Wilson blows. Yes Kap stunk on Sunday but Wilson wasn't much better. His accuracy was way off all night, especially early.
I watched in tears. What wonderful years with Joe and Steve. Even Garcia was pretty darn good and fun to watch.

LOL...check again! He had two guys in his face...or were you being facetious?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

No he didn't. He was in a clean pocket. Check out the still shot of him throwing. Not a defender in sight.

https
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

No he didn't. He was in a clean pocket. Check out the still shot of him throwing. Not a defender in sight.

We're talking about different winning plays. There are several game winning plays in that video...including The Catch.

It was in reference to this comment: "He also made the game-winning pass in the final 38 seconds of Superbowl XXIII that Kaepernick could not".

But I was wrong about the mangina comment. As it was not with us last year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
It was in reference to this comment: "He also made the game-winning pass in the final 38 seconds of Superbowl XXIII that Kaepernick could not".

But I was wrong about the mangina comment. As it was not with us last year.

No problem. Comparing CK to Montana at this point is...pointless...but fun. Kaepernick has physical tools that Montana could only dream about, but Montana had touch, vision, and game awareness unparalleled. That's the biggest question I have about CK...can he develop those tools to a high enough degree to become the best QB ever? Time will tell, but until he does...Montana in a walk!
Tom Brady