There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Positives - what have we learnt?

Versus Seattle
1) Kaepernick played his worst game and still looked fairly good.
2) Rookies contributed and will make us forget the guys they replaced (Reid & McDonald).
3) Rain, hostile noise, a good D, questionable calls/non-calls and mental mistakes are a bad formula for winning.
4) We need to find a WR...I have this as a permanent paste in Word until it is no longer true...hopefully--Patton, until Crabtree returns.

Things that I noticed from both games so far:
1) The OLine has improved pass blocking but has lost some run blocking strength.
2) Kaepernick is trying to use his legs less but is still effective when he does.
3) Defense is back to being the strength of the team. Pushing Seattle back on short downs was impressive.
4) The middle of the defensive line is better than I thought it would be but is still not able to shorten the pocket. Too much time for QBs.
5) Special Teams do not put me into cardiac arrest! Much improved.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I learned you can go from "Superstar QB" to "Alex Smith is better than you" in 1 week.

Who's Alex Smith?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Versus Seattle
1) Kaepernick played his worst game and still looked fairly good.
2) Rookies contributed and will make us forget the guys they replaced (Reid & McDonald).
3) Rain, hostile noise, a good D, questionable calls/non-calls and mental mistakes are a bad formula for winning.
4) We need to find a WR...I have this as a permanent paste in Word until it is no longer true...hopefully--Patton, until Crabtree returns.

Things that I noticed from both games so far:
1) The OLine has improved pass blocking but has lost some run blocking strength.
2) Kaepernick is trying to use his legs less but is still effective when he does.
3) Defense is back to being the strength of the team. Pushing Seattle back on short downs was impressive.
4) The middle of the defensive line is better than I thought it would be but is still not able to shorten the pocket. Too much time for QBs.
5) Special Teams do not put me into cardiac arrest! Much improved.

Thanks for objectivity. I know no one likes their nose rubbed in poopoo from Seattle but its just freaking ONE football game. Are the kids fed? Is there a roof over our heads? Do we have adequate health? Its all good.....
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scottym:
I learned you can go from "Superstar QB" to "Alex Smith is better than you" in 1 week.

Who's Alex Smith?

That's that guy that won one more game for the Chiefs than they won all of last year!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tombo:

Who's Alex Smith?

That's that guy that won one more game for the Chiefs than they won all of last year!
that is the guy who is an xniner and should not be included in discussion here, in my opinion

Who's Alex Smith?

That guy who is 3-0. I'm happy for him and Reid. Reid proved last night that the eagles blunders are NOT his fault/problem.