There are 201 users in the forums

Positives - what have we learnt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Not how to spell.

Perhaps the use of the word has died out in America, but as far as my (admittedly limited) comprehension of the English language goes it is still perfectly acceptable:

'Originally, in British English, everyone would have spelt the past tense of learn with T'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/spanish/specials/1125_questions/page6.shtml

http://grammarist.com/spelling/learned-learnt/

Anyway, we are digressing from the point of this thread; which is quite ironic considering that the thread is meant to be constructive.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
1) Aldon Smith cannot be stopped.

2) Baalke may have hit a home run on the Eric Reid pick.

3) There is no drop off in Justin Smith.

4) Special teams have improved.
i think our tackling was better esp in the first half when the defense was well rested. the line just needs to get back to run blocking like they know how to. why they act like they have forgotten is beyond me but i bet we have a good game in that regards sunday.

Those two look pretty good so far (although it has only been two games). I can't wait until we get Tank and Dial back.

I'm also intrigued by Wright, he has flashed potential in his career so far so it would be great if he could contribute on the back end of the season.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
1) Aldon Smith cannot be stopped.

2) Baalke may have hit a home run on the Eric Reid pick.

3) There is no drop off in Justin Smith.

4) Special teams have improved.
i think our tackling was better esp in the first half when the defense was well rested. the line just needs to get back to run blocking like they know how to. why they act like they have forgotten is beyond me but i bet we have a good game in that regards sunday.

i think they forgot to run block thanks to the read option
I learned people need to calm the f**k down when we lose a game we're supposed to lose.
It was one of those, "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong" type of games. To be honest, we looked godawful on offense. It looked more like the Seahawks vs. Raiders instead of Seahawks vs. Niners. Are we really that bad? Obviously not. I'm more upset that we lost Ian Williams for the year than anything else. Stop putting everything under the microscope.
1. We have a qb who says duk the stats, and pushes the ball when behind. If he did not take the calculated risks they would lose anyways, so at least he tried to win the game.

2. Vance McDonald needs to be utilzed more at the HB 2nd TE spot. The FB should stick to blocking and not catches passes 10 yards down the field.

3. Quinton Patton can get separation and get open.

4. Reid is a stud

5. Perrish Cox can return kicks.

6. The OL is human, and had a stinker, they can bounce back.
  • buck
  • Veteran
l
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Learned not learnt!

learn/learned/learned

OR

learn/learnt/learnt

Both are proper.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/21335891/Irregular-Verbs-Long-List
[ Edited by buck on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
1. We have a qb who says duk the stats, and pushes the ball when behind. If he did not take the calculated risks they would lose anyways, so at least he tried to win the game.

2. Vance McDonald needs to be utilzed more at the HB 2nd TE spot. The FB should stick to blocking and not catches passes 10 yards down the field.

3. Quinton Patton can get separation and get open.

4. Reid is a stud

5. Perrish Cox can return kicks.

6. The OL is human, and had a stinker, they can bounce back.

Millers been the teams main escape route player since being drafted and moved from de to fb, passes to him are nothing new, and until this last game he's been pretty solid.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
It was one of those, "If it can go wrong, it will go wrong" type of games. To be honest, we looked godawful on offense. It looked more like the Seahawks vs. Raiders instead of Seahawks vs. Niners. Are we really that bad? Obviously not. I'm more upset that we lost Ian Williams for the year than anything else. Stop putting everything under the microscope.

It didnt even look like seahawks vs raiders it looked like raiders vs raiders, Seahawks offense was absolute s**t throughout almost all of the game also,
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I learned people need to calm the f**k down when we lose a game we're supposed to lose.

that "suppose to lose" ish doesnt sit well with me

WE LEARNED THAT

IT

WAS

RAINING.

Nobody on our team could run without slipping. Kaep, Gore, VD or Boldin could run as well as they normally do.

They used crowd noise to score points in the later part of the game. Before that it was 5-0

NOT TO MENTION THE DELAY.

Alot of cramping can come from playing in the water.

These niccas also needed a record breaking crowd to distract us.

The game was definitely reachable before the dumb INT by Kaep and the distractions.

NO

BIGGIE.
I learned you can go from "Superstar QB" to "Alex Smith is better than you" in 1 week.
1. Seattle at home = hard to beat. Especially when Crabtree and Manningham isn't in the game. Already knew that. Away is a whole different story.
2. Vernon Davis needs to fight for the ball when it's in the air. That interception would not have occurred. Anquan would have fought and made the catch.
3. Kap should have been unleashed, and let him run. They wanted to protect him, but there were a lot of missed opportunities for a first down, ie Gore dropped pass.
4. No retaliation for stupid penalties. 49ers were always caught. What happened to Harbaugh's "Lock Up" method they used in green bay?
More passes to Vance please.
We learned that it would be better and healthier to forfeit any games we have to play in Seattle. Just take the loss and keep our players from getting injured.
Share 49ersWebzone