There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Game 2 Assessment:

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I am a monster Kap fan, but it's true, he did not have a good game. He looked rattled.

I'm a big fan of Kap too, pretty disappointed that he looked rattled even on the first series... without being hit. I didn't expect that crowd noise to get to him the way it did... he was hesitant and scared to make a mistake that would make that crowd explode. It is unfortunate, but I'm not freaking out because he is still a young guy and even though sometimes he doesn't play like it... still very inexperienced.
those videos are annoying and challenging to understand
If you rewatch the game, it's hard not to be even more disappointed. The perception that guys weren't open just isn't the case. Players were running free fairly often, they just weren't seen, or weren't hit accurately.

CK is dominant at home, but Seattle seems to be his kryptonite and that's a trend that cannot continue.
Thanks for those videos. There were so many instances where Kap had time in the pocket, but just couldn't pull the trigger. It seems like SEA knew how to roll coverage as Kap went over his first, second, third reads. Perhaps there were times he could have went to his first read, second read, then back to his first read and there would have been an open target.

In the end, I credit the SEA secondary for doing a masterful job of being physical without drawing penalties. Face it, if it was the 49er secondary doing it, we'd be commending them for pushing the boundaries of contact without getting flagged.
Collinsworth has always hated the 49ers since he lost in the super bowl, never got over it. There was way, way too much handwringing about how the season was on the line in this game. The delay made it even worse when they beat it to death because they had nothing else to talk about. Can't decide whether it's worse to watch Collinsworth and Michaels or Buck and Aikman. Have to think again about watching the video with KNBR audio.

In the end, I credit the SEA secondary for doing a masterful job of being physical without drawing penalties. Face it, if it was the 49er secondary doing it, we'd be commending them for pushing the boundaries of contact without getting flagged.

That's just it though, I don't think there's any way in h*** the 49ers could be that physical without getting flagged. Granted, I'm a 49er fan, but I do my best to be objective...and I honestly just don't see how Seattle's DB's get away with such consistent and flagrant contact well beyond 5 yards. I watch a lot of football and I do not see other teams able to get away with it on a scale even close to the Seahawks. I'm not saying there's anything intentionally being done by (or not done) by the refs, but maybe with Seattle it's to the point where it's an NBA-type thing, their reputation precedes them and they just are not going to get the "foul" called on them.
We will be just fine. Seattle is a very good team.... and at home they are the best team in the league. Yes, we need to find a way to beat them. But that game was closer than it looked. Frustration and lack of focus/discipline got the better of us.

Honestly, there is reason to be encouraged by that game. If our offense didn't make so many mistakes we probably would have won that game. Last time we played in Seattle, we got dominated on both sides of the ball. This time, our defense dominated Wilson and kept the running game in check. That is improvement.
it was one game it a crazy loud place thats all, nothing else
Wow. ... Just whining? No acceptance that you got beat by a better team? OK. Get better y'all. We're coming in December. Think he'll bet another eyebrow?
Originally posted by blm7754:
We will be just fine. Seattle is a very good team.... and at home they are the best team in the league. Yes, we need to find a way to beat them. But that game was closer than it looked. Frustration and lack of focus/discipline got the better of us.

Honestly, there is reason to be encouraged by that game. If our offense didn't make so many mistakes we probably would have won that game. Last time we played in Seattle, we got dominated on both sides of the ball. This time, our defense dominated Wilson and kept the running game in check. That is improvement.

It's not like Wilson went off on our secondary, just a few of those scramble then throw a jump ball joe heave downfield. Looking forward to Seattle coming to Candlestick this December.
It is one game in a very long season. I think 2011 spoiled us as fans after nearly a decade of sucking. That 2011 team was so good that they had a chance to win every game, with maybe the exception of that short week trip to Baltimore. Last year's team was beat down by the Giants and the Seahawks but still got to the Super Bowl. Parity has changed the NFL, because it is a lot easier to find yourself in a blowout loss when you have such high rates of roster turnover each year.

Baltimore even got rocked by the Texans last year. Denver beat them in the regular season... someone already mentioned the Eagles game in 1994. Bottom line, the outcomes of games in the regular season have no impact on what happens in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Blue_27:
Wow. ... Just whining? No acceptance that you got beat by a better team? OK. Get better y'all. We're coming in December. Think he'll bet another eyebrow?

Why do she-hawk fans talk if you guys have won something?
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
It is one game in a very long season. I think 2011 spoiled us as fans after nearly a decade of sucking. That 2011 team was so good that they had a chance to win every game, with maybe the exception of that short week trip to Baltimore. Last year's team was beat down by the Giants and the Seahawks but still got to the Super Bowl. Parity has changed the NFL, because it is a lot easier to find yourself in a blowout loss when you have such high rates of roster turnover each year.

Baltimore even got rocked by the Texans last year. Denver beat them in the regular season... someone already mentioned the Eagles game in 1994. Bottom line, the outcomes of games in the regular season have no impact on what happens in the playoffs.

That's just the NFL for ya. One week youre a stud the next week youre a dud.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Nobody wins in Seattle anymore. Nobody.

It looks like the hardest test coming up is the Saints on the road. Every other game is either at home or not as hard as our hardest games last year.

People forget that we beat the Patriots in Foxborough in December last year, something no one has done for 10 years. Harbaugh is competitive enough to change something that isn't working. I think he will realize that our running game is going nowhere, and will go back to what we did last year to be successful.

This!
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

That's just it though, I don't think there's any way in h*** the 49ers could be that physical without getting flagged. Granted, I'm a 49er fan, but I do my best to be objective...and I honestly just don't see how Seattle's DB's get away with such consistent and flagrant contact well beyond 5 yards. I watch a lot of football and I do not see other teams able to get away with it on a scale even close to the Seahawks. I'm not saying there's anything intentionally being done by (or not done) by the refs, but maybe with Seattle it's to the point where it's an NBA-type thing, their reputation precedes them and they just are not going to get the "foul" called on them.

Exactly...like in the Superbowl, I would expect a Culliver to get called b/c he's a young guy and not many are going to question it. But then I thought that Nnamdi IS that veteran so in a touchy situation, HE is going to get that veteran treatment. Nope...not even close. Watching that play over from several angles, I'm still not sure why it was even called. He even got his head turned around. He had an arm in the area where the ball would fall but he certainly wasn't impeding the WR at all.

BTW: That clip of Patton getting tossed to the ground by Maxwell? For those with DVR or go to whomeam's video (it's up) it's @ the 10:29 mark of 4Q. It was called a holding penalty. LOL. I'm pretty sure that is an illegal contact penalty but no biggie. That said, once CK becomes more of a wiley veteran, he would clearly see the contact and throw it right in that general direction for a P.I., perhaps (although the damage may had already been done). Also, not sure why CK ever rolled to that side when there was good protection.