LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Game 2 Assessment:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaBossMan:
Quick question -

I keep reading and hearing from Niner fans about how playing at home will change everything for you because Kaepernick will be able to audible. But do you guys really believe that? I mean, in 2 games, he hasn't scored a single TD against our starting defense. The Niners are getting dominated at the line, we were breaking through all night in both games and getting serious pressure on Kaepernick. Our secondary is the best in the NFL and relishes when you throw at them, as evidenced by the 3 INTs on Sunday, and the multiple turnovers in the last game.

How does that change simply because you're playing at home? It's not like either of the last 2 games were even close. You guys got destroyed, 71-16. Usually, home games are good for 3-7 points and can make the difference in a close game, but it hasn't been close ever since you got rid of Alex Smith. I'm honestly curious, here. Would like to hear some actual reasons why playing in SF would turn a 42-13 or 29-3 loss into a win. We're talking about a swing of 26 points minimum.

Contrary to what you think, Lynch had 98 yds on 28 carries. If you take out the 22 yd run in the 1st qtr he had 22 for 76! What should worry you is your QB going 8-19 for 147,at home, and with the crowd and STILL struggled. What do you think is gonna happen Dec 8th??
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by DaBossMan:
Quick question -

I keep reading and hearing from Niner fans about how playing at home will change everything for you because Kaepernick will be able to audible. But do you guys really believe that? I mean, in 2 games, he hasn't scored a single TD against our starting defense. The Niners are getting dominated at the line, we were breaking through all night in both games and getting serious pressure on Kaepernick. Our secondary is the best in the NFL and relishes when you throw at them, as evidenced by the 3 INTs on Sunday, and the multiple turnovers in the last game.

How does that change simply because you're playing at home? It's not like either of the last 2 games were even close. You guys got destroyed, 71-16. Usually, home games are good for 3-7 points and can make the difference in a close game, but it hasn't been close ever since you got rid of Alex Smith. I'm honestly curious, here. Would like to hear some actual reasons why playing in SF would turn a 42-13 or 29-3 loss into a win. We're talking about a swing of 26 points minimum.

Contrary to what you think, Lynch had 98 yds on 28 carries. If you take out the 22 yd run in the 1st qtr he had 22 for 76! What should worry you is your QB going 8-19 for 172,at home, and with the crowd and STILL struggled. What do you think is gonna happen Dec 8th??

This

It is really mind-blowing that these Seahawk fans are so infatuated with beating the niners.
It almost seems as though Harbaugh sand bagged this game. The game plan was simple and basic, we didn't show any of our exotic run formations. It was like he was not trying to show anything to Pep Hamilton and Luck. I know they are very familiar with what we do and I know Harbaugh is super competitive so losing to Luck and Hamilton is out of the question.

So your thinking is that Jim held back on his NFCW rivals and strongest threat in the division... all so that he could save the creative plays to beat the AFC Colts because he would rather win against Luck and Hamilton?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It almost seems as though Harbaugh sand bagged this game. The game plan was simple and basic, we didn't show any of our exotic run formations. It was like he was not trying to show anything to Pep Hamilton and Luck. I know they are very familiar with what we do and I know Harbaugh is super competitive so losing to Luck and Hamilton is out of the question.

so you are saying we over looked seattle a divisional foe to the colts? you said JH sandbagged this game but yet he is super competitive
Contrary to what you think, Lynch had 98 yds on 28 carries. If you take out the 22 yd run in the 1st qtr he had 22 for 76! What should worry you is your QB going 8-19 for 172,at home, and with the crowd and STILL struggled. What do you think is gonna happen Dec 8th??

No question it would be nice to see RW get off to a better start but, in the end, it's not how you start, it's how you finish . . . RW started 1-9 and finished 7-10

Be interesting to see how much RW goes to the rainy air today. Despite the Jags lowly rep, Gus's new dee has been decent vs the pass. But, it's going to be pouring all game long . . .
Originally posted by cciowa:

so you are saying we over looked seattle a divisional foe to the colts? you said JH sandbagged this game but yet he is super competitive

I'm not saying he did I'm saying look at the game plan. As you know we tend to have pretty exotic run looks and formations. I when I watched this game again for we had none of it. Now it could've been that way because of the noise but all I know is the game plan was very basic. We stacked the wr's a few times but never put one in motion to get a free release. It's things like that that made me wonder.
Awesome post - rarely read a long post and agree with everything. YOU are right on. People here think we are bad fans when we point out:

1. The pass scheme BLOWS - it is incredibly basic, lots of flood the zone routes with easy curves to the pattern - easy as heck to cover. When are we getting a real NFL pass offense. Love your point about the college pass plays - exactly.

2. When we go into a game with a plan that isn't working, this staff seems to have nearly ZERO ability to adjust on the fly. What the heck? I've seen high school teams adapt more to game situation!

3. The most distressing thing - the 49ers have been out "physicalled" by the Seahawks twice in a row now. Their plan is simple - smother our offense with their physical plan at both the DL and DBs, and then wear down our defense with Lynch until they can break away with the score in the latter stages of the game. The only way to beat this plan is with a BETTER PLAN - and our coaches aren't coming up with one.

This is mainly on the coaches.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Awesome post - rarely read a long post and agree with everything. YOU are right on. People here think we are bad fans when we point out:

1. The pass scheme BLOWS - it is incredibly basic, lots of flood the zone routes with easy curves to the pattern - easy as heck to cover. When are we getting a real NFL pass offense. Love your point about the college pass plays - exactly.

2. When we go into a game with a plan that isn't working, this staff seems to have nearly ZERO ability to adjust on the fly. What the heck? I've seen high school teams adapt more to game situation!

3. The most distressing thing - the 49ers have been out "physicalled" by the Seahawks twice in a row now. Their plan is simple - smother our offense with their physical plan at both the DL and DBs, and then wear down our defense with Lynch until they can break away with the score in the latter stages of the game. The only way to beat this plan is with a BETTER PLAN - and our coaches aren't coming up with one.

Proves that the Seahawks have better coaches than we do.

Carroll > Harbaugh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm not saying he did I'm saying look at the game plan. As you know we tend to have pretty exotic run looks and formations. I when I watched this game again for we had none of it. Now it could've been that way because of the noise but all I know is the game plan was very basic. We stacked the wr's a few times but never put one in motion to get a free release. It's things like that that made me wonder.
uhm, we could not execute the basic meat and potatoes of our offense last week. had roman went to his "cute" card, we would have lost 66-3. we got our ass kicked because seattle was the better and more physical team

Wow thanks so much!

Sorry man, but against GB and Atlanta, and nearly against Baltimore in the PLAYOFFS, we were behind (way behind), and our coaching staff, Kap, and the defense did adjust and made great second half comebacks.

The problem is Seattle. For some reason we don't react when playing there. We did great on Wilson, good on Lynch, took out the receivers, but we just didn't dial up anything on offense..
When you have a great DL and CB's like they do, ITS TOUGH. Not many teams will put up points against them. Thats why I keep saying the the no huddle, at least for parts of the game can get them out of rhythm
Share 49ersWebzone