There are 252 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Game 2 Assessment:

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Well first off we lost to one of the best teams in the NFL.

Yawn.

Let's see them beat somebody significant outside of their noise box.

They beat us. That's all that really matters at this point. I can't write about a game that hasn't happened yet. Although they did just beat Carolina away.

And scored 1 touchdown while Lynch didn't do anything on the ground. Their offense simply hasn't looked all that great this year.

Yawn.

They beat us. That's all that really matters at this point. I can't write about a game that hasn't happened yet. Although they did just beat Carolina away.

I liked your write up BTW.

But as far as Seattle is concerned, if there was one year to determine how good Seattle really is, it's this year. They have a bunch of tough games on the road. We'll see how good they really are this year. Their noise box is an incredible advantage, who they have their owner to thank for, not their players. GOOD teams win on the road.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Yawn.

And scored 1 touchdown while Lynch didn't do anything on the ground. Their offense simply hasn't looked all that great this year.
I don't even really care but I was referencing their defense more than anything. They also have some pretty good young LBS and solid pass rushing depth on the line especially when they get Irvin and Clemons back. Like I said I didn't even really care. I'll say they suck if it makes you feel better.
I don't even really care but I was referencing their defense more than anything. They also have some pretty good young LBS and solid pass rushing depth on the line especially when they get Irvin and Clemons back. Like I said I didn't even really care. I'll say they suck if it makes you feel better.

Didn't mean to sabotage your write up. I generally agree with it. But it is long, and there is a lot to discuss.

To sum up, yes, our defense is good, and yes, Kap played poorly. I have never seen him look so rattled. The noise really got to him.
I liked your write up BTW.

But as far as Seattle is concerned, if there was one year to determine how good Seattle really is, it's this year. They have a bunch of tough games on the road. We'll see how good they really are this year. Their noise box is an incredible advantage, who they have their owner to thank for, not their players. GOOD teams win on the road.

They sure do.

The last 7 games on their schedule.

at Falcons
Vikings
Bye
Saints
at Niners
at Giants
Cards
Rams

I agree with your point too. Centurylink is a major advantage. It plays such a large part in momentum. Also I think they benefit from a strong defense. If Wilson had to play from behind he would flounder. I mean they barely made it out of Carolina.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Yawn.

No I agree with you. I've stated a few times on this board that Seatte's defense is perfectly constructed to beat us: pass-rushing DL who can control the line of scrimmage and DBs who can be left on an island and lock their man down. The worst part is is that Seattle still hasn't even gotten Irvin or Clemons back yet. They are going to be a deep defensive team.

But, that said, their offense hasn't looked that great this year, and I can't wait to see us play them in SF where their stupid crowd can't impede our offense from getting any rhythm. It will be a completely different ballgame.
Didn't mean to sabotage your write up. I generally agree with it. But it is long, and there is a lot to discuss.

To sum up, yes, our defense is good, and yes, Kap played poorly. I have never seen him look so rattled. The noise really got to him.

It's no big deal man. I don't really expect much out of it. I just enjoy thinking about so it's fun for me to put it out there. And your right it's super long. There was a lot to talk about. I wanted to address some the reasons people thought we lost like defense, oline, and Kaep so there was a lot to talk about. I didn't write this and it was actually my main point but I think it all comes down to the coaching staff and poor game planning.

I think he was crying at one point during the 4th quarter. I have the game recorded and I swear he has a tear running down the crease in his face. I think he just felt like he let the team down.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM ]
I re-watched the game and through 3 quarters it was 12-3. What followed were critical mistakes in the form of late hits and roughing penalties. There were openings where Kaep was out of the pocket and overthrew wide open receivers. Some of those plays he could have ran for first downs. The D played above average, the Offense couldn't make adjustments at the line. The biggest thing to come out of this game, don't play the Seahawks in Seattle.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I re-watched the game and through 3 quarters it was 12-3. What followed were critical mistakes in the form of late hits and roughing penalties. There were openings where Kaep was out of the pocket and overthrew wide open receivers. Some of those plays he could have ran for first downs. The D played above average, the Offense couldn't make adjustments at the line. The biggest thing to come out of this game, don't play the Seahawks in Seattle.

Kaep overthrowing and under throwing receivers was discouraging. Honestly I don't mind him making those throws.He made some great short throws last year. The one to Gore in the playoffs. I think it was against Green Bay. I would rather him pass it to a wide open Miller/Gore then put himself into danger, but he was choosing to look for the pass when the run was his only option. It was so unlike him. Hes always so instinctive to run as well so this didn't make sense. I mean BrianGo hit the nail on the head. Centurylink rattled him.

Honestly I still feel we were in the game until the Brooks penalty. I think it was a horse caller. It extended the drive and they ended up scoring to go up 19-3. Then there was Aldons penalty in the 4th and I believe that extended another drive for a TD. Both were on 3rd down too. Really sad way to go out for such a great defensive display.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
We were just starting to take control of that game before the lightening. The Seahawks caught a break and then the cheap block and it just went down hill from there.
This happens every year. Every year we lose a game and somebody freaks out and starts crying "we've been exposed."

I'm over it.
Slip up, the offensive game plan, developed to "deal with the noise" failed utterly, and completely. Last years debacle was thought to be a combination of a complex offense, and poor communication, so this year Jimmy and the brain trust decided to shorten the play calls, and limit the number of formations....this too failed. I hope that next season when we enter Noise-co Field, and really loud park, we just line up and play some basic tight formation, short passing game, with jumbo looks, and strong power run game. That covers the offense.

No matter how good your defense, a team will eventually score. Our defense did a good job on most phases, but we are too proud to drop 8 in the box against Lynch, always pay the price. Other than that, the defense suffered from a lack of offensive support.

So I think we bounce right back, and kick some ass this week.
These next two games will say a lot about the team. But that giants loss last season had me hitting the panic button way more.

Talbert
Had Miller not dropped that TD pass, and had we f***ing scored when we were on the 5 (int Kaep), that game would have been way different. They put up points because after 3 quarters our D finally gave in.

Their receivers couldn't do jack, and Lynch had a decent game. If we put some points on the board, our D would have had something to work with and our confidence would have been up.

Seattle is an amazing team guys, and yes I CAN'T STAND THEM. But they are way beatable, I just feel like our offense doesn't believe in themselves against Seattle's D.
Originally posted by tondiman:
Had Miller not dropped that TD pass, and had we f***ing scored when we were on the 5 (int Kaep), that game would have been way different. They put up points because after 3 quarters our D finally gave in.

Their receivers couldn't do jack, and Lynch had a decent game. If we put some points on the board, our D would have had something to work with and our confidence would have been up.

Seattle is an amazing team guys, and yes I CAN'T STAND THEM. But they are way beatable, I just feel like our offense doesn't believe in themselves against Seattle's D.

Well, I'll say this. . .
If 135 total yards and 3 touchdowns is merely a "decent" game, you have admirably high standards ;-)