There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Will Willis or Aldon Smith be back? I have a good feeling about this game, I'll say 34-17 Niners win
I know 3-2 wasnt an ideal start, but after a first 5 games of Packers, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Texans, I think we wouldve taken 3-2 at the start of the year.

We should now be able to rattle off 4 straight wins against inferior teams before we head to NO.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Will Willis or Aldon Smith be back? I have a good feeling about this game, I'll say 34-17 Niners win

No smith lol
Originally posted by mattster03:

Id be pretty disappointed if we allowed 17 pts to ARI at home. But the win is the important part.
All the guys coming off PUP will be doing nothing more than starting practice following this game, if anything.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I know 3-2 wasnt an ideal start, but after a first 5 games of Packers, Seahawks, Colts, Rams, Texans, I think we wouldve taken 3-2 at the start of the year.

We should now be able to rattle off 4 straight wins against inferior teams before we head to NO.

That was a brutal schedule to start the year. Before the season even started I would have been very happy with 3-2. Granted, I didn't expect the team to get completely destroyed in those 2 losses, but we seem to be getting back on track.

I expect to be 7-2 by the NO game, but I have a feeling @TEN and CAR could get dicey if we're not sharp.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by hofer36:
from what i read the honey badger has been a nice surprise

Honey badger fight!!!!!

lol
Originally posted by Niners99:

we should be able to, but we can't take any game lightly
To me what we have done in the last 2 games is reestablish the line of scrimmage. We're dominating on the defensive side with back ups. Amazing! What the Cardinals have lacked for quite a few seasons now is

1. QB
2. Running Game
3. O-Line

While they have Palmer they're still missing the other 2. Especially their offensive line. Justin, Dorsey and the rest of the boys should be feasting on Sunday.

49ers-26
Cards-10
[ Edited by 951NINER on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]
Must win.
The Card lost to the Rams...the Rams.
Gonna be a looong day for the Cards. We'll stuff the run and shut down Larry as usual. Hopefully, we can get a more balanced attack going this week doe.
PFF stats on the Cardinals with some of my own analysis included.

Top 3 Players on Offense

1. Larry Fitzgerald-WR 8.0

*If you don't know, you'd better call somebody.

2. Andre Ellington-RB 3.8

*Speedy, shifty rookie RB has been splitting carries with Mendenhall, has picked up his play in the past few weeks.

3. Daryn Colledge-OG 3.6
* The best offensive lineman that the Cardinals have, very good in pretty much every facet of the game.

3 Lowest Ranked Players on Offense

1. Paul Fanaika-OL -8.2
*Has been especially atrocious in pass-blocking for them this season.

2. Rob Housler-TE -5.2
*Starting TE, has been decent as a blocker, struggled as a receiver

3. Eric Winston-OT -4.0
*New right tackle brought in as a free agent, has struggled a lot as a pass blocker, done well as a run blocker.

Top 3 Players on Defense

1. Matt Shaughnessy-DL 7.3
*Has done phenomenally well in terms of stuffing the run, has played a majority of defensive snaps.

2. Calais Campbell-DE 4.4
*Still one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL, tall, good at rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

3. Patrick Peterson-CB 3.8
*Much improved, developing into one of the very best CB's in the NFL, used on special teams and offense as well.

Cardinals Team Rankings According to PFF

26th Ranked Total Offense

Ranked 11th in Passing Offense

Ranked 22nd in Rushing Offense

Ranked 29th in Pass Blocking

Ranked 23rd in Run Blocking

DEFENSE

Ranked 18th in Total Defense

Ranked 7th in Run Defense

Ranked 18th in Pass Defense

Ranked 20th in Pass Rush

Ranked 26th in Defensive Penalties

Ranked 13th in Special Teams

Team Analysis

*Palmer has 5 TD's and 9 INT's on the season, he's made a lot of crucial mistakes that the defense has bailed them out on. Their main receivers are Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts, they don't use the TE much in their passing offense.

*The Offensive line is very shoddy at pass-blocking with the exception former Packer Daryn Colledge. Levi Brown was traded so they have a rookie starting at left tackle.

*The defensive line is still pretty formidable and Daryl Washington just returned to the team after a 4 game suspension. He was crucial in helping improve their pass rush and is the embodiment of their attacking mentality

*Patrick Peterson has done very well at cornerback and has played like a true shutdown corner. Jerraud Powers has been starting at the other corner spot and has been generally solid so far this season. Yeremiah Bell and Tyrann Mathieu are the safeties, Bell has been vulnerable in pass coverage.

*Justin Bethel has been outstanding on special teams coverage, he's been a true impact special teams player, but otherwise, they've been fairly average to mediocre in that regard.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
boldin is gonna go off on them. patrick peterson will get mauled on the line if he tries to press boldin. VD is healthy and manningham may be ready to go. if our oline keeps playing the way they have been lately, gore should get a ton of yards too. i think our team is finally hitting its stride.

Manningham will not be ready to go this coming Sunday. I think Harbaugh indicated he would START practicing next week. I'm actually expecting Baldwin to get some catches. I really am liking what I'm seeing out of him. I think the last game was not a great opportunity for him to get more production, given we only had 15 total pass attempts. But I like his size and how he attacks the ball. On that catch down the sideline, even though he ended up out of bounds, I thought it was encouraging how he went up and snagged that ball.

"We're counting down the days," Harbaugh said of the possibility of adding quality players to the team's already deep roster. "We're counting down the weeks and now down to one week."

could be either way
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
PFF stats on the Cardinals with some of my own analysis included.

Top 3 Players on Offense

1. Larry Fitzgerald-WR 8.0

*If you don't know, you'd better call somebody.

2. Andre Ellington-RB 3.8

*Speedy, shifty rookie RB has been splitting carries with Mendenhall, has picked up his play in the past few weeks.

3. Daryn Colledge-OG 3.6
* The best offensive lineman that the Cardinals have, very good in pretty much every facet of the game.

3 Lowest Ranked Players on Offense

1. Paul Fanaika-OL -8.2
*Has been especially atrocious in pass-blocking for them this season.

2. Rob Housler-TE -5.2
*Starting TE, has been decent as a blocker, struggled as a receiver

3. Eric Winston-OT -4.0
*New right tackle brought in as a free agent, has struggled a lot as a pass blocker, done well as a run blocker.

Top 3 Players on Defense

1. Matt Shaughnessy-DL 7.3
*Has done phenomenally well in terms of stuffing the run, has played a majority of defensive snaps.

2. Calais Campbell-DE 4.4
*Still one of the best 3-4 DE's in the NFL, tall, good at rushing the passer and stuffing the run.

3. Patrick Peterson-CB 3.8
*Much improved, developing into one of the very best CB's in the NFL, used on special teams and offense as well.

Cardinals Team Rankings According to PFF

26th Ranked Total Offense

Ranked 11th in Passing Offense

Ranked 22nd in Rushing Offense

Ranked 29th in Pass Blocking

Ranked 23rd in Run Blocking

DEFENSE

Ranked 18th in Total Defense

Ranked 7th in Run Defense

Ranked 18th in Pass Defense

Ranked 20th in Pass Rush

Ranked 26th in Defensive Penalties

Ranked 13th in Special Teams

Team Analysis

*Palmer has 5 TD's and 9 INT's on the season, he's made a lot of crucial mistakes that the defense has bailed them out on. Their main receivers are Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd and Andre Roberts, they don't use the TE much in their passing offense.

*The Offensive line is very shoddy at pass-blocking with the exception former Packer Daryn Colledge. Levi Brown was traded so they have a rookie starting at left tackle.

*The defensive line is still pretty formidable and Daryl Washington just returned to the team after a 4 game suspension. He was crucial in helping improve their pass rush and is the embodiment of their attacking mentality

*Patrick Peterson has done very well at cornerback and has played like a true shutdown corner. Jerraud Powers has been starting at the other corner spot and has been generally solid so far this season. Yeremiah Bell and Tyrann Mathieu are the safeties, Bell has been vulnerable in pass coverage.

*Justin Bethel has been outstanding on special teams coverage, he's been a true impact special teams player, but otherwise, they've been fairly average to mediocre in that regard.

Here is my analysis: Carson Palmer blows