LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

J Harbaugh said rookie Quinton DIAL could see action at NT next week in Tenn. Vic Fangio, however, was waaaay more skeptical on the matter

Typical Vic. Lol

He may have to suit up out of necessity.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Why is that so funny

Pathetic, isn't it? Some people just can't seem to let it go and move on.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

J Harbaugh said rookie Quinton DIAL could see action at NT next week in Tenn. Vic Fangio, however, was waaaay more skeptical on the matter

Typical Vic. Lol

Right. The worst thing about this game is Dorsey going down. And we all saw what happened. They smartly just started running right at his position. Fangio is going to have to get that burr out of his butt and get Dial and Carradine ready to suit up and play ball.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lookin' good, dog

We can't afford him. Cap space!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Typical Vic. Lol

Right. The worst thing about this game is Dorsey going down. And we all saw what happened. They smartly just started running right at his position. Fangio is going to have to get that burr out of his butt and get Dial and Carradine ready to suit up and play ball.
Head coach ultimately gotta make the call. I doubt Dial game ready though
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Why is that so funny

Pathetic, isn't it? Some people just can't seem to let it go and move on.

First of all, yes. Secondly how the f**k did Alex Smith weasel his way into a Arz/Niners gameday thread?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

agreed.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Incredible. This game developed almost exactly like I expected -- a dogfight characterized by our feast-or-famine offensive production and inability to sack the QB.

What I didn't expect were the picks, the turnovers...dudes I'm beginning to wonder if this is for real. Somebody pinch me.

Is Reid magical? Our coverage was solid except for 2 plays totaling 130 yards. Lots of PD's, excellent angles. Skimpy on the sacks but plenty of hurries and forced incompletions, all without a nose tackle. Color me impressed.

I guess I should be happy Kap connected with Vern so much. But, really, I was hoping we would see something more. We need to see something more.

I'm also beginning to get a little annoyed at the QB play. Does he have take a 7 step drop to feel comfortable all the time? I didn't see the whole game. Were there any quick hitters? Was McDonald targeted even once? I think there's an issue with the game planning here if we can't get production out of anyone else but Kap's favorites. Sheesh. That's just the total opposite of spread it around offense.

By the way more love and kisses to Frank. Thank you for that last drive. Isn't it time to start the Frank Gore appreciation thread?

Stopped reading there.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
lookin' good, dog

We can't afford him. Cap space!!

Niners to deploy the Air Bud offense in second half of the season....film at eleven.

Fortunately he's going to be playing NT, how "ready" does an NT have to be? If Dorsey can't go, Dial's job will be to spell Jerod-Eddie, go in there and simply take up space and try to push the pocket back, its not all too complicated.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Stopped reading there.

Hilarious, isn't it.

Fortunately he's going to be playing NT, how "ready" does an NT have to be? If Dorsey can't go, Dial's job will be to spell Jerod-Eddie, go in there and simply take up space and try to push the pocket back, its not all too complicated.

Well when Dorsey went out ARI ran right at us with appreciable success. I don't want the same to happen to Dial but otherwise its coaches call

My only concern is he mightn't have the play time strength and would get shoved around. That's not really in relation to Dial but any rookie NT/DT.
Sorry missed the game. But how did Tony-Jerod Eddie did replacing Dorsey? Is he a legit backup? Anyways, Great team win! Go Niners!
I gotta watch tape but my gut tells me ARI came out committed to stopping the run and playing us man but after VD reamed their a**** the first out they had to subtract from the box in order to chase VD and we were able to cash in with Gore down the stretch?
Share 49ersWebzone