LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dont sleep on the Cardinals.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Jon Baldwin has about 5 catches, 115 yard game and finally brings balance in our passing game. If that happens, watch out!!

That would be awesome, but he doesn't even need to have that big of a game. If he just becomes a real option for Kap in the passing game, it'll open up a lot of things. I have a feeling that he will be that player, because I like what I'm seeing from him so far. He has a big body to shield DB's on slant routes, will go up and get the ball on passes down the sideline or on back shoulder throws, and I believe he can be a real deep threat. Hopefully this is the game where he breaks out and we finally have a real receiving option other than Boldin.

He had an amazing catch on the sidelines last game, unfortunately he was only able to get one foot in bounds.

I'm curious as to how much we are targeting him?

The fact that Kaep made an effort to get him the ball is real positive sign, there's trust developing.

Yes I do get the feeling that Kap has confidence in Baldwin. He went to him twice against the Rams in his limited action there and again went to him twice against the Texans when he only had 15 pass attempts the entire game. Hopefully that chemistry can build and it can lead to big plays in the passing game.

Yea that's why I'm expecting this weekend to be an even bigger game for Baldwin....Cardinals will be focusing coverage on VD and Boldin leaving Baldwin with some 1 on 1 opportunities. And with our running game working....watch out for the play action!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
From what Greg Cossell said this morning on KNBR, the AZ run defense is pretty stout. Kaep may have to work a little more than in the past 2 games.
Originally posted by Baldie:
From what Greg Cossell said this morning on KNBR, the AZ run defense is pretty stout. Kaep may have to work a little more than in the past 2 games.

Well they're ranked 2nd in run defense. After Sunday, they'll be ranked 10th.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

they have Michael Floyd who could be a problem when were not paying too much attention to him b/c of Fitz
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

they have Michael Floyd who could be a problem when were not paying too much attention to him b/c of Fitz

True, but their passing offense has not been very good this year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

and our passing D has been excellent. Not worried. Fitz is not the receiver he once was. We don't even double team him.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

and our passing D has been excellent. Not worried. Fitz is not the receiver he once was. We don't even double team him.

Right. We seemed to handle Andre Johnson pretty easily, who I think is a better receiver today than Fitz.
31-10 Niners win. TD Passes to Boldin & Baldwin, Rushing TD's by Kap and Hunter, 43 yard field goal.

I have Michael Floyd on my fantasy team...

Week 1 (@ STL): 4 catches, 82 yds
Week 2 (DET): 3 catches, 22 yds
Week 3 (@NO): 4 catches, 49 yds
Week 4 (@TB): 5 catches, 87 yds
Week 5 (CAR): 5 catches, 61 yds

I think it's pretty reasonable to expect 3-5 catches and ~50 yds... not exactly a major threat.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think it's pretty reasonable to expect 3-5 catches and ~50 yds... not exactly a major threat.

Makes sense. But then again if we look at Andre Johnson's numbers before last Sunday:

Week 1 (@SD): 12 catches, 146 yds
Week 2 (TEN): 8 catches, 76 yds
Week 3 (@BAL): 5 catches, 36 yds
Week 4 (SEA): 9 catches, 110 yds

Against us he had 3 catches for 39 yards. So it seems like we and Baltimore were most effective in limiting him. I think Floyd's numbers will be closer to what he posted against Detroit.

Makes sense. But then again if we look at Andre Johnson's numbers before last Sunday:

Against us he had 3 catches for 39 yards. So it seems like we and Baltimore were most effective in limiting him. I think Floyd's numbers will be closer to what he posted against Detroit.

The problem with that reasoning is that Johnson is the obvious #1 in HOU, where Floyd is at best their #2. Teams will try to limit Johnson and Fitzgerald, and have other guys like Hopkins (HOU) or Floyd (ARI) beat them.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/09/ranking-the-2013-offensive-lines-first-quarter/1/

Cardinals offensive line is ranked 27th through the first quarter of the season. We've dropped to 14th, but I think its fair to the adjustments being made back to the run game that well see a significant jump

The problem with that reasoning is that Johnson is the obvious #1 in HOU, where Floyd is at best their #2. Teams will try to limit Johnson and Fitzgerald, and have other guys like Hopkins (HOU) or Floyd (ARI) beat them.

True. Although Hopkins had 2 catches for 23 yards against us, but I get your point. I think you're right that we can expect Floyd to make 3-5 catches in that game.
Originally posted by Baldie:

Their defense line has looked good and is talented but you also have to look at who they've played. Their entire schedule has been a dumpster fire, they got crushed by the Saints and lost to the Rams. Their wins are against Detroit, Tampa Bay and Carolina and all resulted from the other team shooting themselves in the foot.
Share 49ersWebzone