There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Been reading the Cards and Seahawks forums, their fans are scared of our backfield, really scared.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Been reading the Cards and Seahawks forums, their fans are scared of our backfield, really scared.

They god damn better well be.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

They're scurred.
Originally posted by mayo49:

They're scurred.

They are scared of Boobie?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

They're scurred.

Of course. He put some extra weight on the racks to help him endure the long hours spent sitting down.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

They're scurred.

yes b/c he is the 2nd coming of Hearst
Watched the replay of the Panthers-Cardinals game. The Panthers imploded midway through the 3rd quarter. Newton was sacked 7 times, most were caused by an inability to find a secondary receiver or holding onto the ball too long. The key factor for the 49ers is Carson Palmer, if it's possible he's less mobile than Schaub. He drops back 7 yards either from under center or in shotgun and he's a statue once he sets. The Cardinal running backs are nothing special, Ellington made a few plays. Patrick Petersen is the real deal, he even had a few plays on offense and intercepted a pass. Calais Campbell is long and quick, Washington is their best linebacker. Just a side note, Ted Ginn showed plenty of zip, he even carried a few defenders after a reception.

Just wait until this team is healthy and hopefully aldon comes back
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Just wait until this team is healthy and hopefully aldon comes back

Yep.
I want to see us start to throw to McDonald more
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
refresh my memory on which RBs those were?

You don't remember Darren Sproles going for over 100 yards receiving....Reggie Bush with over 100 yards rushing/receiving last season. LeSean McCoy going for over 150 yards a couple seasons ago. Maybe not running up the middle but the ones who can run and catch out of the backfield have had success. Ellington right now has more receptions and yards receiving than any receiver on the 49ers not named Anquan Boldin. Cardinals have been using him more and more out of the backfield, so he's definitely dangerous in that respect.
those teams lost though
Without Willis and Smith, the defense is giving up 7 points per game. Does this mean the defense is better without them?

I think the avg teams we played had something to do with it too. It also means that our defense needs to be tested further before declaring it elite. I read some stuff about how the 49ers defense is back and they are dominating. Sometimes these analysts make these estimates so quickly based off of 1-2 games, hardly makes sense.
Regardless, the 49ers have a decent chance to be 7-2 before the Saints game...we are going up against mostly avg teams.
The moment you have all been waiting for...
Valrods Game Prediction brought to you buy our friends at ASE, When getting your vehicle fixed make sure and use an ASE certified mechanic, that way you know its done right the first time.

AZ 29
49ers 4
Kaep goes 9/31 for 17 yards 0TDs and 2 INTs

I hope this is not a trap game, they are very good at stopping the run (I know so were the Texan's) but they did sack Cam 7 times (and not saying the Titans line is even similar to the 9ers) but it is time for the pass offense to begin clicking, maybe time to reintroduce the pistol and open and stretch the field, just saying

Niner's 27
Card's 06
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I want to see us start to throw to McDonald more

Same