There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Seattle 17
Houston 24

Houston 20
49ERS 31
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
3/5 of Seattle's starting oline is out against the Texans.

JJ Watt is a scrub, shouldn't be an issue

lol
How does everyone think we match up against the Texans? I think there system is more suited to stop the run then the Rams. On one end of the spectrum they have a heavy LB core that will undoubtedly beat the block but on the other end I think after the way the Oline dominated on Thursday we could just ride them to glory against anyone. Someone mentioned making the Texans one dimensional. I hope that is just as easily done as it is said. I feel confidant in our secondaries ability to cover their receivers. I'm not being cocky but we can just funnel their guys inside. 52 & 53 our athletic enough to cover their guys. 35 & 31 are going to be crucial though. They're going to have to come down into the box to make some tackle in the running game. One potentially huge problem is going to be the pass rush. Schaub cannot be allowed time to throw. If the coverage's break down we're going to be giving up large chunks of yards without them actually having to earn it. I hope Fangio blitzes early and often. I think the key is being proactive. The team is going to have to create turnovers, stops, runs, and receptions for large gains. I really want this win.
^^^ if Kap plays great we win. Our season is really in his hands.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Just be cool and efficient. Move the sticks and take the big plays when they present themselves and safely utilize his scrambling ability
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Kap just needs to manage the game. Go heavy with the running game and use play action to go down the field with our receivers.
Originally posted by verb1der:
GOOOO Texans this weekend!!!!

BOOO Texans next weekend.

This should sum up the thread. Lol well put verb
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
The Seahawk hype will fall, maybe this week. The Texans have a knack for falling short in meaningful games. The Hawks have injury problems on their offense line, let's see if an away game has an effect on their game. J.J. Watt is a beast.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
You what I think the Texans are gonna do, is wear out the offense by letting them complete the short routes and cover the deep routes.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

I know it's a little premature, but can you provide any updates?
Originally posted by xtm059:

This should sum up the thread. Lol well put verb

Thats what im talking about :)
texans over seattle! Then niners over texans.........our guys will put in that work! f**k yeah goniners.

I was ready to yell at you...then read the schedule! LOL...go Texans! (This week).

That's the problem. Kap is not playing well right now. There is no progression in his reads and to make things worse he is hesitant to scramble. I don't know what his issues are, but his "one-reads" have been well-documented thus far this season. If the 49ers are to be successful this season, Kap will need to step up to make our passing game legit again. Yes, we might have won the game, but I am not ecstatic about it cos 167 yards of passing is nothing to brag about. I almost hate to watch the analysis when I see so many open receivers that he missed out on. If he regresses, our passing game regresses and our overall performance regresses.
If and that is a big if, if the Texans can handle the Seahawks, it won't mean a whole lot if we can't beat the Texans. But, the way we are playing right now, I am just not convinced we can beat them unless Kap returns to form.