There are 181 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
GPS Game!

Texans are going to be a good match. We usually lose vs teams that are physical and have a running game.

Yeah, and Andre is a little older and hasn't been fully healthy for a while, so that should help us out on the defensive side.
3/5 of Seattle's starting oline is out against the Texans.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

JJ Watt is a scrub, shouldn't be an issue
I'm down here in Texas, so I've watched pretty much every Texans game for a while now. Always been a fan of Andre since his days at Da U, also like Tate and Foster as well. The key to beating the Texans is simple; STOP THE RUN. Now that's easier said than done, but if we can stop the run it puts the game in Schaub's hands, and without a 100% healthy Andre I don't think he can do it. On offense we just have to attack early and often with the run which will force them to put Ed Reed in the box giving us a chance to open up some lanes in the passing game.
Go 49ers! Rest up, get healthy & hopefully watch Texans pull one out against the Seahawks.
If 3/5 of Seacawk O-line is out vs. Houston that bodes pretty well for J.J. Swatt & Co I would think.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
If 3/5 of Seacawk O-line is out vs. Houston that bodes pretty well for J.J. Swatt & Co I would think.
Especially with him moving around. He will attack the weakness and bat down Wilson's passes
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'm down here in Texas, so I've watched pretty much every Texans game for a while now. Always been a fan of Andre since his days at Da U, also like Tate and Foster as well. The key to beating the Texans is simple; STOP THE RUN. Now that's easier said than done, but if we can stop the run it puts the game in Schaub's hands, and without a 100% healthy Andre I don't think he can do it. On offense we just have to attack early and often with the run which will force them to put Ed Reed in the box giving us a chance to open up some lanes in the passing game.
Boldin gonna show us how to beat Reed
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Watt is going to throw the little guy around like a rag doll this week.
Houston- YOU have a problem

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I think St. Louis was a good for us considering that we have Houston this week. Both run the majority of their plays out of traditional formations. The more we can keep our base 3-4 defense on the field, the better. It's clear that the defense is much more comfortable in that set.

Obviously, the key is going to be to shut down Houston's running game. We're going to see a lot of zone-blocking which typically gives us trouble. 3rd down is going to be big. If they get in those 3rd and medium-short areas the whole playbook is open. We might be susceptible to some deep balls to Johnson. They have an outstanding tight end, too. I'm more concerned about our defenses lack of intensity to start games... really, the whole team tends to start lethargic. I wish we would start coming out hot and ready to roll heads.

I'm really not too worried about our offense. I bet we'll see a lot of those wham plays considering how quickly their D-Line gets upfield. We need to cut J.J. Watt. Keep his hands down so he can't swat any balls or be a nuisance.

All in all...

HOU: 13
SF: 20
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
I hope they beat the Cheathawks, but get dinged up against them before they come to the Stick next week.
This is a big week.

Seattle will play the same team we are playing. So we will root for them Sunday and then hate them next Sunday. If the Texans beat Seattle and then we beat them, that will cool off the whole Seattle b******t for a while.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Ouch. Watt is going to have a field day. Texans got this at home, unless Schaub chokes yet again. Biggest pretender QB in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone