There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

If we can pull this off and SEA pulls a 49er and loses two straight, we are tied again.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If we can pull this off and SEA pulls a 49er and loses two straight, we are tied again.

hopefully seattle get raped this weekend
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Good test for this team. I really hope Staley is okay because JJ Watt is no joke.

Oh boy....JJ Watt..... Kaep and the O-line in pass protection needs to play well... Kaep needs to not STARE down receivers, have trust, and be decisive...
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Are the two completions to Miller in the right flat?
Holy cow we're using that play a lot.

Keep using it until they stop it. Simple as that.
Niners get some much needed rest before playing another primetime game.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by valrod33:
National televised game, We know how Kaep handles those.
Texans 35
49ers 4

Kaep goes 2-35 for 99 yards with 9 INTS

ya because kap looked horrible in the playoffs last year...

I recall being down in every game because Kaep started off like s**t
then balled out and brought us back to win it. hes not out there playing defense
No he doesnt but he isnt helping the D with his constant 3 and outs
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Oh boy....JJ Watt..... Kaep and the O-line in pass protection needs to play well... Kaep needs to not STARE down receivers, have trust, and be decisive...

Yeah you can clearly see on replays that Kaep is STARING at one person the whole way. Only reason why Lauranaitis was able to bat down 2 of his passes out in coverage. If he keeps doing that against a pro bowl safety, like Ed Reed who we play next, those are INT's easily. Shows that Kaep is still learning.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM ]
I have Hopkins on my fantasy team and the dude is good. They're pushing DEN and ATL for the best one-two punch at WR. I haven't been to impressed with their running game though. If we can bottle them up like we did last night, I don't think Shaub is good enough to beat us.

On offense, the key will be to run at Watt and get Iupati engaged on him. Watt is good against the run but he's deadly against the pass and in pursuit situations.
Originally posted by Baldie:

Yeah you can clearly see on replays that Kaep is STARING at one person the whole way. Only reason why Lauranaitis was able to bat down 2 of his passes out in coverage. If he keeps doing that against a pro bowl safety, like Ed Reed who we play next, those are INT's easily. Shows that Kaep is still learning.

What I don't understand is he looked way more comfortable last season, progressed through his reads and made nice throws. This season, he's not looking off the safetys, only locking on 1 read, and not making nice throws. The trust must not be there at all. Which I can't blame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I have Hopkins on my fantasy team and the dude is good. They're pushing DEN and ATL for the best one-two punch at WR. I haven't been to impressed with their running game though. If we can bottle them up like we did last night, I don't think Shaub is good enough to beat us.

On offense, the key will be to run at Watt and get Iupati engaged on him. Watt is good against the run but he's deadly against the pass and in pursuit situations.

Don't sleep on Tate and Foster now, they are arguably the best 1-2 punch rb tandem in the league. But if we can stop them, I also think that Shaub isn't good enough to win it on his own.

On the other side I'm really concerned with how we will be able to handle JJ Watt, dude is a monster. Hopefully Staley is okay cause him and Iupati will need to put his ass to the ground. As for their secondary, I hope Kaepernick doesn't make staring down receivers a tendency cause doing that against an ed reed led defense is trouble. I think if we control the line of scrimmage we will have a good game.

Look what he did to us in '09

Look what he did to us in '09

All I remember from that game was Alex replaced Hill and had 3 Tds to Vernon... and we lost
Must win
GPS Game!

Texans are going to be a good match. We usually lose vs teams that are physical and have a running game.

Whoa, hang on there now buddy. Hopkins is good but he and Johnson aren't anywhere near the level of Denver's receivers who are hands down, the best unit in the league.

I have Johnson on my fantasy team and IIRC, he's only made it through one full game and has yet to find the end zone. In fact, Houston didn't find the end zone at all last week against the Ravens. Peyton on the other hand, could have had the water boy out running routes and still would have made them look silly.

Doesn't mean anything come next week, just saying.