There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
frank gore is so country. love that smooth skinned sex symbol

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Seriously though... even my girl commented on his smoothness. Asked if he bathed in Cocoa Butter.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Seriously though... even my girl commented on his smoothness. Asked if he bathed in Cocoa Butter.

Sh** my wife is always commenting about him letting his nuts hang. No jock strap or something. I am like WTF! The game is on pay attenTion to that
Another great win emphasizing our strength. Not gonna lie though I am officially worried about Kap. 6/15? Those are Tebow numbers. Not going to cut it in January.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Another great win emphasizing our strength. Not gonna lie though I am officially worried about Kap. 6/15? Those are Tebow numbers. Not going to cut it in January.

Awful awful numbers

meh. we had short fields a lot of the game so defense is a little tihter and our defense and running game were unstoppable. I think the niners will win like this often. when you can impose your will on someone liek we did the last two weeks, you dont have to throw a million times. kap was a little off but i dont think its that big a deal

wonder what manning's stats were in the playoffs last year

if we only pass 15 times in a game in January, i'd be willing to bet we were doing very well in that game.
You don't need to pass loads when you're up by that much, just run, eat the clock and let them make errors chasing the game.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
49ers should run a wing offense so we can have all three RBs in the game at the same time lol

Wishbone offense.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Vern was running 3/4 speed all night. He should not play until he can go 100%'

Vernon Davis out there for his presence. Having him on the field alone allows defense to not focus solely on stopping Boldin. Also, the fact is, our other pass targets haven't exactly dominated their competition. Some of that may be on Kaep, but right now, this offense needs Vernon Davis. Even if he isn't 100%. I'd just limit him in practice and run more two TE sets to get McDonald going.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Hunter doesn't get enough carries

Yeah Hunter and James are running hard saying get us the ball more. At this point I'd think about trading James for a proven WR who would fit under our cap. We aren't using him enough or using him right. Gore looks like he can go 2014 and 2015 maybe. With Lattimore back not sure we have enough carries for Gore, Lattimore, Hunter and James.

Yeah wish we would have gotten Baldwin and McDonald involved as well.

I don't want to trade LMJ he could be a dangerous weapon if they use him right. For as smart as JH and Roman are they do a lot of stupid s**t

I agree. I don't think there are enough touches for LMJ to really get to do anything as a runner, however, if they threw the ball to him more, he might be able to contribute a lot more. Many say this element was not a part of his game at Oregon, but it doesn't need to be. I don't think Roger Craig was known as a pass catching back coming out of Nebraska, but he sure became one in San Francisco.

I'm not complaining about this game one game, but just what I've seen overall. I'm wondering about Roman's ability to utilize all the weapons in the passing games. I've seen offensive coordinators do a whole lot more with less.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think LMJ fills a important roll. He spills Frank and Kendall and is valuable as a returner. A lot of people don't like the way he runs, but I think he's getting better and better. Once Frank retires he'll be called upon more. We could do a lot worse than James.

I'm a little concerned to but at the same time Houston has one of the top defenses in the league. Also remember, aside from Boldin and Davis, there is no one else to throw to really. I think Kaeps numbers would have been fine if lets say Crabs and Manningham were around. Lets just be glad that our running game was on tonight and Kaep did have that TD to Davis.

Now if the running game wasn't hitting and out D was mediocre, then I would be really worried.
We had a dominant win vs a very good team. Nothing flukish about the win so nothing to worry about. Plenty to improve upon in the passing game for sure but it is time for the mods to start the SF vs ARI game day thread. We need this next game because ARI is neck and neck with us in this division and you know they will be gunning for us. They have a great run defense and Honey Badger and Peterson on the back end. Don't know how we do it but we better win this game. Who am I kidding. We need to run and stop the run to make them one dimensional and feast on Palmer. Should be a good game early on but we should coast the last quarter and a half. Niners 27-10
lets get the SF vs ARI thread up. We need this next game as well
To be fair, Kap ended on a high note with that completion to VD. Best throw of the night.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM ]