There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
3-2 and done with the gauntlet part of the schedule. only 1 game behind Seattle to boot. feels good man

the Jaguar game ain't gonna be a cake walk
3-2 and done with the gauntlet part of the schedule. only 1 game behind Seattle to boot. feels good man

Seriously, and we're getting all our injuries out of the way now; this is why I felt good that we played in Seattle now before Winter, where we'd lose half our roster before the playoffs.

Nothing is easy, but we won't be facing an 'elite' QB for another 5 weeks.

Welcome back, 2011 49ers.
Originally posted by Fourplay:
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
I don't understand why we don't use Vernon like Jimmy Graham??? Who cares about LMJ touches

Jimmy Graham can't be duplicated....
Davis is better Graham's overrated
Right now looks like we will just hold on until reinforcements come. James probably doesn't get traded but I'd think about it if he got us good enough value but he probably wouldn't. If Mcdonald is out long term we might pick up a free agent DL, maybe even Tukuafu with TJE or Dobbs starting and Tukuafu being the 3rd string backup. We hold on and if all goes according to plan we beat the Cardinals, Titans, Jags and then after the bye the Panthers after the bye and we have Willis, Manningham, maybe Crabtree, maybe Aldon, maybe Carradine and Dial all back for the home stretch/hopefully playoff run. Week 11 we play at New Orleans. With the Cards, Titans Jags and Panthers coming up and our tough 5 game stretch overs we should be able to go to 7-2 or 6-3 with our reinforcements coming back.
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
Originally posted by Fourplay:
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
I don't understand why we don't use Vernon like Jimmy Graham??? Who cares about LMJ touches

Jimmy Graham can't be duplicated....
Davis is better Graham's overrated

Not to sound like a homer, but I agree. -Vernon is a far better blocker, and uses his upper body to his advantage as a swing tackle on running plays. -NO doesn't run the ball to the same degree we do, as Graham is always out on routes, or soft swing-blocks helping the young center.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Does anyone have a gif of Arian Foster trying to touch Carlos Rogers dick?

why would you want that???
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Seriously, and we're getting all our injuries out of the way now; this is why I felt good that we played in Seattle now before Winter, where we'd lose half our roster before the playoffs.

Nothing is easy, but we won't be facing an 'elite' QB for another 5 weeks.

Welcome back, 2011 49ers.
I think this is the formula for winning for this team: play great defense, force turnovers, run the ball, and be conservative but opportunistic with the passing game.
We went to the NFCC doing this in 2011. Hopefully, we will go all the way in 2013.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

bowman always sounds like he's about to cry.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN10m
#49ers DL Ray McDonald (right biceps) said he believes he'll be fine, but more will be known after MRI tomorrow.

That makes me feel better... we can't afford to lose anyone else in the front seven.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
They got the number of penalties under control this game. The timing was till bad as a few came one third down. But overall a positive. And kaepernick looks meh but he also only attempted 15 passes. Didn't really need to pass at all.
No we didn't

Yup. The Texans had the ball for the majority of the first half, and we had the running game going from the beginning. Then once we started to widen the lead, there was no need to pass. Kap didn't look amazing in his limited opportunities, but he still made some nice throws, especially that one to Vernon near the goal line that he dropped.

Not gonna say I'm worried at all about Kap, but I thought he was going to play a lot better this year. I guess it's hard to live up to the expectations when he set the bar so ridiculously high last season.

Good team win, nonetheless Now let's pad the stats and get healthy as we enter the soft spot of our schedule.

We're in good shape. 3-2 after that brutal stretch is not bad at all.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN10m
#49ers DL Ray McDonald (right biceps) said he believes he'll be fine, but more will be known after MRI tomorrow.

That makes me feel better... we can't afford to lose anyone else in the front seven.

Thank goodness.
frank gore is so country. love that smooth skinned sex symbol
nightmare schedule is over...need to mow through these next 3 weeks into the bye