LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Hate to say this, but I think that if we can get into the playoffs this year, it will most probably be as a wild card. The good news is wild-card teams have done very well in the playoffs lately. However, to go to the dance, we will have to be pretty much flawless the rest of the year. It all starts with beating the Texans next Sunday. If we can survive the early storm (as the Texans will throw everything and the kitchen sink at us right out of the gates) and keep the game close, they will wilt in the second half. Niners will take over the game late and win by around 7.
We need to win. Want to know if we are a 1 win and 2 loss trend team this year?
Way too early for the "only a wildcard" BS.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Yeah, it is, but the Seachickens do have a pretty easy schedule coming up.

If we get Green Bay Kap I agree.
If we get St. Louis Kap, wild card is probably the truth.
If we get Seattle Kap we aren't going anywhere.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

You really believe that ?

As far as Seattle in winning the NFC West is a done deal in my book.

Wildcard is not guaranteed neither, we will have to stay on our toes and execute game after game.

The week 14 game against the Seahawks at the Stick is a must-win in order to prove to ourselves we can beat them before we go into the playoffs cos we will need to achieve the impossible by beating them at CLink if we want to get back to the big dance.

My only hope is we will be peaking late in the season when we get Mario and Crab back.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

You really believe that ?

As far as Seattle in winning the NFC West is a done deal in my book.

Wildcard is not guaranteed neither, we will have to stay on our toes and execute game after game.

The week 14 game against the Seahawks at the Stick is a must-win in order to prove to ourselves we can beat them before we go into the playoffs cos we will need to achieve the impossible by beating them at CLink if we want to get back to the big dance.

My only hope is we will be peaking late in the season when we get Mario and Crab back.

Yeah, Rascal we need to come out and execute and be on our game. Pound the rock and go play action with our passing game. I think our D will get better, game by game.
Lol...okay people, before u guys start crowning Seattle with the NFC WEST division title. Lets not forget the Cardinals started 4-0 last season too, and where did they ended at?.....Exactly, Its not how you start, Its how you FINISH. There's still 12 more games to play in the regular season people. Go Niners!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Thanks to the Seahawks, this is the JJ Watt we wil be getting this Sunday :

http://texansradio.houstontexans.com/news/PodcastCentral2.asp?AUTO=Y&EID=3063

Both Joe Staley and Anthony Davis better be ready cos this week's pass rush is going to come thick and fast.

Kap better not hesitate and get ready to scramble cos there will be no time to sit in the pocket.

I am hoping the dominance of the Texans' D-line over Seahawks' O-line I saw yesterday was only exaggerated by the loss of Okung.

They will probably run the ball more (as you can hear how pis*ed off Owen Daniels was with the coaches for not running the ball in this clip : http://texansradio.houstontexans.com/news/PodcastCentral2.asp?AUTO=Y&EID=3063) and to our D's own admission we usually have more issues with bigger backs and Foster is even bigger than Lynch. Ben Tate is no scrub neither.

If Nnamdi is healthy, we might want to play him over Brock cos Andre Johnson is big, so it might be a better match-up.

No matter what, we will have to pull out all stops to get a W on this one.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 30, 2013 at 5:12 AM ]

Originally posted by Rascal:
Thanks to the Seahawks, this is the JJ Watt we wil be getting this Sunday :

http://texansradio.houstontexans.com/news/PodcastCentral2.asp?AUTO=Y&EID=3063

Both Joe Staley and Anthony Davis better be ready cos this week's pass rush is going to come thick and fast.

Kap better not hesitate and get ready to scramble cos there will be no time to sit in the pocket.

I am hoping the dominance of the Texans' D-line over Seahawks' O-line I saw yesterday was only exaggerated by the loss of Okung.

They will probably run the ball more (as you can hear how pis*ed off Own Daniels was with the coaches for not running the ball in this clip : http://texansradio.houstontexans.com/news/PodcastCentral2.asp?AUTO=Y&EID=3063) and to our D's own admission we usually have more issues with bigger backs and Foster is even bigger than Lynch. Ben Tate is no scrub neither.

If Nnamdi is healthy, we might want to play him over Brock cos Andre Johnson is big, so it might be a better match-up.

No matter what, we will have to pull out all stops to get a W on this one.
We have 10 days to prepare. We will win
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Houston has the 2nd best defense in the league, so critical that our offense is able to move the ball against them. This is a stepping stone for us if we can beat Houston. You can almost argue....if Seattle can beat them in their own house, then beating them at home shouldn't be an issue.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 30, 2013 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Lol...okay people, before u guys start crowning Seattle with the NFC WEST division title. Lets not forget the Cardinals started 4-0 last season too, and where did they ended at?.....Exactly, Its not how you start, Its how you FINISH. There's still 12 more games to play in the regular season people. Go Niners!

THIS... there are still 12 more games remaining and lots of potential injuries for each team. One of Seattles D-Line was carted off the field yesterday and didnt look too good. not sure who or what happened but it shows that injuries will play a big part of who makes playoffs. Assuming no injuries, and Seattle getting Harvin in Nov sometime, yes i would say they not only are destined to win NFC West, but #1 seed in NFC.

Long season ahead still.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, it is, but the Seachickens do have a pretty easy schedule coming up.
Still, when not at home they havent exactly looked impressive in these wins. They are good, and at home they are great. But lets be clear, Carolina and the Texans gift wrapped those wins. Hell Schaub should have tied a big red bow around that ball before he threw it to Sherman.

My biggest concern right now is that we get a very frustrated Texans team that wants to use us to get that thorn out of its paw.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Exactly!!!
Share 49ersWebzone