LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Kap has never choked a lead bro

False. He single handily gave the Rams a win last year in STL
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I just don't think the Texans are a pushover. But, I think the Niners can beat them. Schaub is one of the slowest QB's I've seen lately. The Niners ought to be able to harass him all day. And, I think the Niners offense can move on them. They didn't seem real good at stopping the run and their secondary was definitely not nearly as good as Seattle's. But, I also think the Texans exposed a weakness in that Hawks secondary in the middle that I hope the Niners will try to exploit the next time they play the Seahawks.

weakness of the hawks is their LBs, we need to pound the rock and exploit their LBs in coverage.

as for the texans, we need to put pressure up the gut with justin, dorsey and raymac into schaubs face, which i don't think will be very hard to do.
Even though the D gave up 56 points against Seattle and Indianapolis, most of those points came in the 4th quarter of both games. Seattle only had 12 points going into the 4th and Indy only had 13. Our Defense is doing it's job, and as long as our Offense shows up, we should win with our D.
Originally posted by eldapeeze:
Even though the D gave up 56 points against Seattle and Indianapolis, most of those points came in the 4th quarter of both games. Seattle only had 12 points going into the 4th and Indy only had 13. Our Defense is doing it's job, and as long as our Offense shows up, we should win with our D.

Exactly how I have seen things. Now that we are back to 2011 - early 2012 offense with excellent ST we can resume winning because the defense is solid
Gonna be a tough matchup with their zone running scheme. Cant get sucked in on playaction. I wonder who matches up with Johnson. Get some ppressure on Schaub and he'll give the game away. Gotta really keep an eye on Daniels & Graham
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
no cushing in the line up probably for next week.
He left really early in the game with a concussion that should be a big plus opening up lines in the running game.

the whole game plan in Houston is based around whatt on the edge and cushing in the middle there's no depth filling in for cushing.

That was one thing the fanbase complained about here in Houston all offseason was that there was no backup plan for cushing although he had a history of missing games due to Injuries. so I am pretty sure he's going to be out for this game specialialy with concussion protocol

I feel like defensive players always come back following a concussion the previous week. Maybe it's just me though. The offensive players are the ones that sit out

Why do I have to keep reminding people about what actually happened in that game? Okay, once more, right after his bad lateral to Ginn, the Niners got the kick off and Kaepernick led the offense 80 yards down the field in three plays. Then he lofted a soft floater right into the hands of Delanie Walker in the end zone. The ball floated down right into Delanie Walker's hands and he inexplicably let the ball bounce off his hands - a perfect touch pass into the end zone, perfectly placed into the receiver's hands and he drops it. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, Akers misses a short field goal. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

So, no, Kaepernick did not "single handily" give the Rams a win. In fact, if not for a miss that most high school players could catch and a field goal miss that NFL kickers make over 90% of the time Kaepernick brings the team back for a late win.

Why do I have to keep reminding people about what actually happened in that game? Okay, once more, right after his bad lateral to Ginn, the Niners got the kick off and Kaepernick led the offense 80 yards down the field in three plays. Then he lofted a soft floater right into the hands of Delanie Walker in the end zone. The ball floated down right into Delanie Walker's hands and he inexplicably let the ball bounce off his hands - a perfect touch pass into the end zone, perfectly placed into the receiver's hands and he drops it. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, Akers misses a short field goal. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

So, no, Kaepernick did not "single handily" give the Rams a win. In fact, if not for a miss that most high school players could catch and a field goal miss that NFL kickers make over 90% of the time Kaepernick brings the team back for a late win.

So, Kaepernick had to overcome a costly mistake he made. Yes, because some other players didn't bail him out from a play he should have never made, it's magically everyone's fault but Kaep's.

Kaep cost us that game. Kaep knows it and has made amends for it. You don't see Kaep making that big of boneheaded plays anymore, do you? He's moved on, and so have most the rest of us.

Back to the game, what I noticed from watching Seattle in the first half and second half, all you need to do is put pressure on Schaub and soon or later he'll make a mistake. He's not very mobile, so as long as we keep constant pressure on him, I'm not worried about him carving us up. As for J.J. Watt, we'll just have to try to game plan around him and on passing plays, make sure we chip him on the line to knock him off his course a little bit. That should give the tackle some help. I feel we can dominate the Texans. They're not as good as I had previously thought they were.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Hope the Seahawks get beat by the Texans and that the Seahawks ding them up like they did to us. Texans will be tired when playing us. We need some more time to gel.

I hope both teams knock each other the f**k out

So far, Panthers and Niners lost their following games after playing those CAWK lovers... Jaguars are next (they suck anyhow). I expect that trend to continue onto next week when Texans come to the Stick for a beat down.

JJ Watt's legs might come off after chasing around wicket and Kap (back to back)... when they play us Watt's heart might explode by the 4th quarter.

We get to see Ed Reed/Anquan Boldin get to battle each other (epic)!

They will. I remember HOU playing vs us in last year's preseason when they injured Brandon Jacobs. They were going at us and kept Schaub in the entire half in only week 2. They viewed that preseason game as a measuring stick game and I know they will vs SEA with Ed Reed saying that this could be a Super Bowl preview. Both teams try to play physically and it will be a fight. HOU will be spent by the time they make the trip out here

Willis is gonna teabag Matt Schaub all day and the Oline will turn JJ into a milliwatt
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]
Really sucks the Texans couldn't put the game away to day and let the Hags back into it to win in OT. I have news for folks around here; the Hags can play very good ball on the road now as well as at home. The old crap Hags on the road is over I think..As some have said and even tho it's ealry; I believe we are playing for a wildcard now...We have to take out the Texans coming up/ As a matter of face almost every game from her on is a must win, crazy, but a few more losses takes us all the way out of the playoffs I think..If only we had ran the ball in the 2nd half against the colts..if only...

f**king texans
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
f**king texans

That was the only game I was interested in all day. Now I am convinced, Shaub is a frikken dump truck full of hot garbage!! He can't handle the heat and he is literally gonna get messed up at the stick. Their coaches don't just have their head's up their butts--they have sh!t for brains

Go Niners!! Go Colts (just for next week)
Texan fans were burning Matt schuabs jersey after the game

His career is on the line essentially. Not sure how he will respond next week, but he will be more determined.

Will he play timid or let it rip?
JJ Watt is a beast. Gameplan around that buttery teeth asss crackaa
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

So, Kaepernick had to overcome a costly mistake he made. Yes, because some other players didn't bail him out from a play he should have never made, it's magically everyone's fault but Kaep's.

Kaep cost us that game. Kaep knows it and has made amends for it. You don't see Kaep making that big of boneheaded plays anymore, do you? He's moved on, and so have most the rest of us.

1. That cute call to Ginn also falls way more on Roman than anything, then Ginn, THEN Kaep
2. Delanie Walker dropped an easy TD
3. AKERS MISSED a shot field

Verdict: Akers and Walker costed us the game. Give me a break
Share 49ersWebzone