LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 350 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm just pointing out that we do the same thing to them. It's just fans being fans, nothing more.

You might do that, but it is not something that I would do.

You are not "we."

You go there and they come here. Thanks.

lol nvm you are missing the point.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The dude was a late round undrafted right? I never thought he was elite. Just smart

He was a 3rd round pick out of Virgina in 04. He was stuck behind Vick when Vick was at his peak and he looked good in pre season so the Falcons traded him to the Texans for 2nds in 07 and 08 and swapped 1st rounders in 07 pick 8 and 10.
Houston ain't winning here this week as long as we do what we do. And we had 20 days to let that sink in. We can win anywhere any week

How do explain the Indy game? We can lose anywhere any week?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The dude was a late round undrafted right? I never thought he was elite. Just smart

He was a 3rd round pick out of Virgina in 04. He was stuck behind Vick when Vick was at his peak and he looked good in pre season so the Falcons traded him to the Texans for 2nds in 07 and 08 and swapped 1st rounders in 07 pick 8 and 10.
I remember his time in ATL and the deal but I thought he was a late round steal. 3rd rd huh? Maybe I had him confused with Romo
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
shaub even looks potato

I've been screaming for the past two years the Schuab is the achillies heel of the Texans. Those picks he threw today were damn near enough to get you benched, espically the second one. You take the sack or throw it away in that situation espcially considering how good the defense was playing. Kubiak is a lame duck coach though, he has horrible game management and alway sits on the ball when they get up by more than one possesion. I feel sad for Andre and Foster having the prime of their careers wasted with a lump like Schuab.
Originally posted by stimpy:
Houston ain't winning here this week as long as we do what we do. And we had 20 days to let that sink in. We can win anywhere any week

How do explain the Indy game? We can lose anywhere any week?

Hi! Don't remember you but I remember us winning here and abroad the last couple seasons. If I recall @ ATL NO PHI NE SEA GB ... on and on!
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
shaub even looks potato

I've been screaming for the past two years the Schuab is the achillies heel of the Texans. Those picks he threw today were damn near enough to get you benched, espically the second one. You take the sack or throw it away in that situation espcially considering how good the defense was playing. Kubiak is a lame duck coach though, he has horrible game management and alway sits on the ball when they get up by more than one possesion. I feel sad for Andre and Foster having the prime of their careers wasted with a lump like Schuab.
Yes. That HOU team is going to be shook before they even make it here

I remember his time in ATL and the deal but I thought he was a late round steal. 3rd rd huh? Maybe I had him confused with Romo

Yep 3rd round pick 90 which is late 3rd. I think at the time many thought was a potential steal. I know some thought of him as a 1st/2nd rounder but that was the draft with Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger and then Losman (oops, poor Bills) so it was pretty stacked.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I am pretty sure that Tony Romo was a undrafted free agent.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We will only be 1 game back when we win next week and Seattle loses

how does the tiebreaker work out then? cause i don't see seattle beating us a second time coming to stick, so if that scenerio plays out like you say we hold destiny in our hands if we get the tie breaker.

Very well said. Once a team starts winning playoffs games consistently and super bowls you stop caring about the little things and have higher expectations. We want to win super bowls. Fans of the Browns are probably spending all of their time talking about guys like Jordan Cameron. The same goes with the Jaguars fans last year with Cecil Shorts. When you aren't a playoff team that year or a team with rich history you really focus on the little things. To me Seattle has become a legit team and it's time for their fans to start expecting playoff wins and a SB run rather than worry about 42-13 and 29-3 home wins against us. Also, time to stop worry about what other team's fans think. Stay on your own board; you don't need our validation. Same with our fans; we don't need to be over their worried about what Seattle fans think of us.

And if you do need to go on another team's boards this whole pretending to be a fan on that team just so you can say bad things about them while boosting your "real" team is such a low thing to do. I really hope our fans didn't do that to them because these last few weeks have been horrible with Seattle fans pretending to be 9ers fans to talk bad about the team and then talk up Seattle. Just something a loser would do to me... 9er fan, Seattle fan, any fan of any team.

Exactly. Well said.
Originally posted by buck:
I am pretty sure that Tony Romo was a undrafted free agent.
That is what I was saying. I had in my head that Schaub was anywhere from late round to undrafted. I'm in Dallas I remember Romo being an undrafted preseason sensation. Sean Payton loved him and tried to take him to NO but Parcells said no. Now I find out that Jim said he had him rated round 2. I just don't follow college ball and Schaub went right by me during the draft
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
We will only be 1 game back when we win next week and Seattle loses

how does the tiebreaker work out then? cause i don't see seattle beating us a second time coming to stick, so if that scenerio plays out like you say we hold destiny in our hands if we get the tie breaker.

Tie breaker goes to which ever team has a better division record
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
shaub even looks potato

corn on the schaub
Tie breaker goes to which ever team has a better division record
Then conference then like opponents then SOS then...? Point differential?
Share 49ersWebzone