There are 213 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So what are the keys to the game?

Gore, gore, and more gore.

Actually, while I was watching Houston in the first half, I was thinking, "Why don't we run this offense", it's awesome. They run play-action. Normal, wonderful, play-action. You know, the kind where the quarterback fakes to the running back, rather than fakes his own run. Their play-action sets up their running game. It's simply and effective.

It's just classic football. If we ran that offense we would be SO GOOD with it. I think I am going to puke if I see the read option get destroyed against Houson, you know they will be prepared for it. Let's just give our O-line a CHANCE to play the game, and not give up on them just because Watt blows up a play or two. The modern NFL loves to overcompensate for things, instead of just sticking with simplicity and allowing their players to compete.
Let's give Boone a chance to play against Watt. We don't have to alter everything just because Watt makes some plays.

HOU does run a sweet WCO
Originally posted by buck:
EveryoNe needs to stop with all the "why are Seattle fans on our site." talk.

We are on their site and they are on here...they also don't get why niner fans go on their boards.

Why?

Having them here is not particularly enjoyable.

I'm just pointing out that we do the same thing to them. It's just fans being fans, nothing more.
HOU does run a sweet WCO

Yeah they do. I love their scheme. Schaub is potato though. We force them to air it out and I guarantee we get at least 2 picks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
HOU does run a sweet WCO

Yeah they do. I love their scheme. Schaub is potato though. We force them to air it out and I guarantee we get at least 2 picks.

Yeah HOU would definitely excel with a more mobile QB (Kap).

I think Kap can be just effective in a WCO, he doesn't need the crutch of a lame pistol offense.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't have a SEA account. I'm curious as to why they are here? Want to know what multiple championships smell like or something? The true fans are OK I guess but some of em ....

It's all about validation. They are very concerned with how others perceive them. So desperate to be accepted into the cool kids club.

Unfortunately for them, respect comes from a tradition of winning and SB titles. They don't understand that, they want instant acceptance based on a few winning seasons. Doesn't work that way.

It drives them crazy when we reference our history, but that is where respect is earned. They have no such history. They beat their chests and talk trash over regular season wins, wildcard births, division titles.... We understand those are small milestones that mean nothing without post season success.

Very well said. Once a team starts winning playoffs games consistently and super bowls you stop caring about the little things and have higher expectations. We want to win super bowls. Fans of the Browns are probably spending all of their time talking about guys like Jordan Cameron. The same goes with the Jaguars fans last year with Cecil Shorts. When you aren't a playoff team that year or a team with rich history you really focus on the little things. To me Seattle has become a legit team and it's time for their fans to start expecting playoff wins and a SB run rather than worry about 42-13 and 29-3 home wins against us. Also, time to stop worry about what other team's fans think. Stay on your own board; you don't need our validation. Same with our fans; we don't need to be over their worried about what Seattle fans think of us.

And if you do need to go on another team's boards this whole pretending to be a fan on that team just so you can say bad things about them while boosting your "real" team is such a low thing to do. I really hope our fans didn't do that to them because these last few weeks have been horrible with Seattle fans pretending to be 9ers fans to talk bad about the team and then talk up Seattle. Just something a loser would do to me... 9er fan, Seattle fan, any fan of any team.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM ]

I think Kap can be just effective in a WCO, he doesn't need the crutch of a lame pistol offense.

Agree. The Pistol was definitely stunting his development. He showed last year starting with the Bears game he doesn't need it to be successful.

I loved our scheme pre-Pistol. Harbaugh's Stanford WCO. Kap can run it to perfection. Just need to reacclimate him to it.
We will only be 1 game back when we win next week and Seattle loses

Agree. The Pistol was definitely stunting his development. He showed last year starting with the Bears game he doesn't need it to be successful.

I loved our scheme pre-Pistol. Harbaugh's Stanford WCO. Kap can run it to perfection. Just need to reacclimate him to it.

Yup, exactly. I feel like we really unleashed the pistol in the playoffs and it caught defenses off guard. The WCO is tried, tested and proven to work, especially with a mobile QB like Kap. I don't mind working in the pistol formation once in a while, just to keep defenses honest.
i cant believe there was a time when i thought schaub was elite. dude is beyond potato
shaub even looks potato
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
HOU does run a sweet WCO

Never gets old when I see people say this.
Shaubtato
  • buck
  • Veteran
I'm just pointing out that we do the same thing to them. It's just fans being fans, nothing more.

You might do that, but it is not something that I would do.

You are not "we."

You go there and they come here. Thanks.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i cant believe there was a time when i thought schaub was elite. dude is beyond potato
The dude was a late round undrafted right? I never thought he was elite. Just smart
Originally posted by buck:

You might do that, but it is not something that I would do.

You are not "we."

You go there and they come here. Thanks.

Me either. I got enough to be fulfilled with in Niners land. Look I ain't knocking board hopping but coming here shows we are significant and on your mind then you get dismissive and call us insignificant whiners. Sounds hypocritical and ludicrous to me