There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Houston's collapse has pretty much sealed the division for Seattle. We will have to be flawless and Seattle will have to lose a game or two at home for us to catch them now.

You have to give them credit. They pulled out a road win against a good team. Second time in two years, both overtime games, but they did it.

Yea looks like we have to go Win at Seattle to reach the Superbowl

It's still a long season. Sadly, this is what every team without a winning record is saying right now.
We can do it
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't have a SEA account. I'm curious as to why they are here? Want to know what multiple championships smell like or something? The true fans are OK I guess but some of em ....

It's all about validation. They are very concerned with how others perceive them. So desperate to be accepted into the cool kids club.

Unfortunately for them, respect comes from a tradition of winning and SB titles. They don't understand that, they want instant acceptance based on a few winning seasons. Doesn't work that way.

It drives them crazy when we reference our history, but that is where respect is earned. They have no such history. They beat their chests and talk trash over regular season wins, wildcard births, division titles.... We understand those are small milestones that mean nothing without post season success.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
Houston's collapse has pretty much sealed the division for Seattle. We will have to be flawless and Seattle will have to lose a game or two at home for us to catch them now.

You have to give them credit. They pulled out a road win against a good team. Second time in two years, both overtime games, but they did it.

It's still a long season. Sadly, this is what every team without a winning record is saying right now.

I still have faith its the Farewell tour at Candlestick its going to be special imo
EveryoNe needs to stop with all the "why are Seattle fans on our site." talk.

We are on their site and they are on here...they also don't get why niner fans go on their boards.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
It's all about validation. They are very concerned with how others perceive them. So desperate to be accepted into the cool kids club.

Unfortunately for them, respect comes with a tradition of winning and SB titles. They don't understand that, they want instant acceptance based on a few winning seasons. Doesn't work that way.

It drives them crazy when we reference our history, but that is where respect is earned. They have no such history. They beat their chests and talk trash over regular season wins, wildcard births, division titles.... We understand those are small milestones that mean nothing without post season success.

They also fail to realize there are 5 other undefeated teams in the NFL at the moment so being undefeated after game 4 is nothing special or even brag worthy.
So what are the keys to the game?

Gore, gore, and more gore.

I agree with you its a long season still but doesn't help that they were able to beat one of the AFC favorites to go to the SB. Houston had several chances to win this game but they couldn't get it done. Seattle is just better than the Niners at this point in the season. If we beat Houston at home next week, alot of people's confidence in the Niners will go up and people will say the Niners win against the Rams was a legit win. Until we can beat a legit playoff team (GB may not be this year), the confidence is 50/50 right now on any Sunday. As for this coming Sunday against the Niners.....I have lots of HOPE....I just wish I could say I had lots of confidence for a win.

Houston usually gets back on track and I hope its not this coming Sunday
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]
I think Maiocco is on to something, teams that have faced the Seahawks thus far have imploded, and have lost their second game in a row.

Seattle does that s**t to you, they throw cheap shots, hurt your players, ect. -49ers got this s**t.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
So what are the keys to the game?

Gore, gore, and more gore.

Actually, while I was watching Houston in the first half, I was thinking, "Why don't we run this offense", it's awesome. They run play-action. Normal, wonderful, play-action. You know, the kind where the quarterback fakes to the running back, rather than fakes his own run. Their play-action sets up their running game. It's simply and effective.

It's just classic football. If we ran that offense we would be SO GOOD with it. I think I am going to puke if I see the read option get destroyed against Houson, you know they will be prepared for it. Let's just give our O-line a CHANCE to play the game, and not give up on them just because Watt blows up a play or two. The modern NFL loves to overcompensate for things, instead of just sticking with simplicity and allowing their players to compete.
Let's give Boone a chance to play against Watt. We don't have to alter everything just because Watt makes some plays.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM ]

We are on their site and they are on here...they also don't get why niner fans go on their boards.

Well there's a difference, we actually let their fans linger, incite, and start crap, their board will ban niner fans on site after a Seattle loss, we don't.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Gametime2013:
ahahahaha. Just saw the "trolltard" part. Nice! At least I'm a troll for an undefeated team Whiner. Enjoy your excuses when Watt makes Kaep piss himself.

Two things:

• You have no championships
  • I just banned you

Thank you! Again, why are so many hawks fans such douches? It's almost unbelievable. I don't think I've ever seen so many annoying fans from any team including the Raiders. It's not like they're all that way. There are a couple of very reasonable ones around here - Lisa12 is my favorite Hawks fan around here. But, really, on any given day if you read an article on PFT or something about any Niner or Niner issue, there will be a boatload of amazing douches from Seattle littering up the comments with the most inane ridiculous nonsense I think I've ever seen from NFL fans.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Why?

Having them here is not particularly enjoyable.
Originally posted by Baldie:

I agree with you its a long season still but doesn't help that they were able to beat one of the AFC favorites to go to the SB. Houston had several chances to win this game but they couldn't get it done. Seattle is just better than the Niners at this point in the season. If we beat Houston at home next week, alot of people's confidence in the Niners will go up and people will say the Niners win against the Rams was a legit win. Until we can beat a legit playoff team (GB may not be this year), the confidence is 50/50 right now on any Sunday. As for this coming Sunday against the Niners.....I have lots of HOPE....I just wish I could say I had lots of confidence for a win.

Houston usually gets back on track and I hope its not this coming Sunday
Houston ain't winning here this week as long as we do what we do. And we had 20 days to let that sink in. We can win anywhere any week
If the D can stuff the run like they did against St. L, they will be fine. Granted, Houston and the Rams are two different animals in the run game...But, if the Niners get up and the Texans have to throw a lot...they should be fine. They do much better against less mobile QB's, in my opinion.