LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 5)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we get past the Texans I see us going on a long winning streak
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Seattle is a 2-2 ball club posing as a 4-0 team. Ref's and Schaub won that game for seattle.

Dude don't underestimate Seattle. It's foolish to think they're not a good team and they feed off that perception. After they beat us.Sherman was talking about how theyre.the underdogs and no one thinks they're for real. I'm tired of hearing s**t like that. No one is sleeping on Seattle. I do think Wilson is overrated. I really don't see what people think is ao great about him. He seems like a glorified scrambler. Hes more of a game manager IMO..
And he will be exposed (Wilson) as such this season. His saving grace is Lynch and that grabby defense. They cover for a lot of his flaws and limitations. Of course people say the same of us but the difference is teams fear Kap
Are you delusional? Stop it! Do I need to bump the how many blowouts we will have thread? I'm glad we handily beat a st louis team with more problems than us. We should have done, and we did it. But we still looked bad for way too many stretches in the second half -- Kap looked like a clown fumbling the ball to Hunter on the -- what -- 10 yard line? Come on. We have a lot of work to do. guy's in confidence tear down mode. Needs to snap out of it.

Seattle is in great position -- and they've earned it. They are a good team with good physical talent. I still think carroll will find a way to blow it up but that doesn't take away from their roster and staff. no doubt they are in the drivers seat.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Texans had a good game plan to start though...run the ball down their throats. It worked for a while.

Dude don't underestimate Seattle. It's foolish to think they're not a good team and they feed off that perception. After they beat us.Sherman was talking about how theyre.the underdogs and no one thinks they're for real. I'm tired of hearing s**t like that. No one is sleeping on Seattle. I do think Wilson is overrated. I really don't see what people think is ao great about him. He seems like a glorified scrambler. Hes more of a game manager IMO..

Agreed. I think Seattle is a lot we were two years ago...playing smart and a type of game that covers up for weaknesses elsewhere.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Seattle is a 2-2 ball club posing as a 4-0 team. Ref's and Schaub won that game for seattle.

And he will be exposed (Wilson) as such this season. His saving grace is Lynch and that grabby defense. They cover for a lot of his flaws and limitations. Of course people say the same of us but the difference is teams fear Kap

their defense is legit, huge Dline and all skilled secondary big and lanky, number 1 defense is theirs legit. but yes their offense is not all that, can be contained.
This game gives me those New England vibes from last year, I remember going into that game it was boom or bust, it had to be won, and was a winnable game just like this.

We score fast, we keep the lead with the running game we shouldn't have any problem here.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I hope we stomp these frauds. Houston will never win anything with Schaub.
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
i wonder if fangio saw that the way to neutralize schaub is to put pressure on him...he has no mobility
Originally posted by hofer36:
i wonder if fangio saw that the way to neutralize schaub is to put pressure on him...he has no mobility

but watch out for the screen passes.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

but watch out for the screen passes.

We will get Willis back hopefully for this game

Houston's collapse has pretty much sealed the division for Seattle. We will have to be flawless and Seattle will have to lose a game or two at home for us to catch them now.

You have to give them credit. They pulled out a road win against a good team. Second time in two years, both overtime games, but they did it.

So far, our game plan is to not play our best pass rusher. It worked against the Rams, I don't think it will be quite as effective against Houston.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So far, our game plan is to not play our best pass rusher. It worked against the Rams, I don't think it will be quite as effective against Houston.

Sometimes change for change sake wins. messes up the other teams scouting reports. And keeps Fangio from sending his best pass rusher on his best stunt on all pass plays (i.e. to NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING!!!).

Do some research -- when was the last time that our D had 5 sacks not including ASmith. We should do it more often. We need to get ASmith to ADD TO the totals not REPLACE the totals. IMO.

ALso, our run d seemed to have a little more impact --- that's probably the Rams just stinking though.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Houston's collapse has pretty much sealed the division for Seattle. We will have to be flawless and Seattle will have to lose a game or two at home for us to catch them now.

You have to give them credit. They pulled out a road win against a good team. Second time in two years, both overtime games, but they did it.

Not today. Houston handed that game away on a silver platter.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

their defense is legit, huge Dline and all skilled secondary big and lanky, number 1 defense is theirs legit. but yes their offense is not all that, can be contained.

I aint sleepin on sh*t, I was speakin the truth. Seattle is average on the road, there is no way around it. They get gifted games in the 4th quarter...

I predicted us getting our asses beat like we did 2 weeks ago, I respect them at their home but they are so overated on the road its ruhtarded.
Share 49ersWebzone