There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Penalties need to be dealt with now.

• IEAD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Goldson suspended one game.

I wonder if his propensity for illegal hits had anything do with his departure from the 49ers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000245902/article/dashon-goldson-suspended-one-game-by-nfl-for-hit

Probably has more to do with his propensity to roll around naked in a crap load of cash.
  • buck
  • Veteran
TOriginally posted by AZ9er:
All night long the Niners retaliated to the SeaChicken players and got caught. But in most cases SeaChicken threw the first slap/punch. Do you think they are coached to hit first and do nothing in an effort to provoke the retalitation i.e. to play dirty? Maybe a stupid question because ultimately I belive it to be true, based on how they are coached to mug the WRs.

It makes no difference how the Seattle players are coached. It makes no difference if the Seattle players threw the first punch.

SF, as a team, needs to fix the things it can control.

Penalties are a part of the game, but there are no excuses for the sheer number of penalties the team is accumulating.

These errors extend the opposition's drives and curtail ours.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers:
Probably has more to do with his propensity to roll around naked in a crap load of cash.

And maybe something to do with why he did not get that load of cash from the 49ers.

And maybe something to do with why he did not get that load of cash from the 49ers.

This is what I said constantly last year about Goldson. He is a good safety, worth good money, but worth LESS money because of his inability to avoid game changing penalties.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
I know,

Last year, we were third in the league with 126 penalties. Our offense had 66 penalties for 515 yards; our defense 60 for 585 yards.

We were second with yards lost due to penalties. (1,103). Last year, Crabtree had 1,105 receiving yards.

fixed

Thanks.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This is what I said constantly last year about Goldson. He is a good safety, worth good money, but worth LESS money because of his inability to avoid game changing penalties.

Nicely stated.
some of those penalties are bs, doe.....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
some of those penalties are bs, doe.....

That is true, but we still need to eliminate as many of them as possible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you can quibble with how legit the penalties are but it is reality. i think it was also a issue last year but it was glossed over because we did other things well to cover up and make up for that. this team does make to many penalties. they kill drives for us and extend drives for the other team. there is no conspiracy or anything sinister afoot. we just need to clean up our own game