There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 2: Thoughts after watching the game...

Man man man. Watching this game was such a waste of time

What was the gameplan again? I dont get it. Sending in "slow" receivers against physical DBs???..."brilliant".
Where was our passrush? Passrush was missing against the pack, too (at least in the 1st half). Fangio, do your f... job finally.

If we want to be a serious SB contender, we will have to start doing our homework. First of all, scout your opponent exactly, especially if you to play against him twice a year.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
Kap cost us the game. Dude had open checkdowns throughout. Had Kyle Williams on a slant into the endzone, looked right at him, didnt trust his read then forced it to VD on a terrible throw that was picked. Just an awful awful awful performance. So disappointed.

I would not say Kaep lost themselves the game, but he was a contributor. What I was a miffed at was in the throws where he targeted a RB/FB they were poor throws either leading Miller to far or tossing the ball over Gores head. I think the 3 of them just need more reps after practice and Kaep need to remember that Miller is a converted LB without a lot of make up speed to be lead that far and for Gore is if 5'9". Ugh, I think most of this is correctable we will see.
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Originally posted by Method:
Kap cost us the game. Dude had open checkdowns throughout. Had Kyle Williams on a slant into the endzone, looked right at him, didnt trust his read then forced it to VD on a terrible throw that was picked. Just an awful awful awful performance. So disappointed.

I would not say Kaep lost themselves the game, but he was a contributor. What I was a miffed at was in the throws where he targeted a RB/FB they were poor throws either leading Miller to far or tossing the ball over Gores head. I think the 3 of them just need more reps after practice and Kaep need to remember that Miller is a converted LB without a lot of make up speed to be lead that far and for Gore is if 5'9". Ugh, I think most of this is correctable we will see.

Agreed. He was playing rushed and rattled. He needs to get comfortable being uncomfortable otherwise we won't win in Seattle for a long long time.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"The problem wasn't the plan...it was the execution. Seattle was GLUED to receivers all night and the O-Line just couldn't get a push."

Marvin, its easy to glue our receivers when the personnel we have there is a full back as one of our receivers... running routes..getting the ball thrown to him, with of course him dropping it.

it might not have been the "plan", but it was the "personnel" the coaches choose to use. I mean they also had Osgood out there running routes, what threat does he pose?

we continue to run Gore out of the pistol formation...again personnel we use. I've said it before, but we should always have Hunter or James back there for the pistol. Hunter can pass block for alittle guy. And we need to run regular WCO formations for Gore.

its the coaches man....Seattle has adjusted to us, where as we still seem stubborn to make adjustments.

There could be some merit to that....but what personnel SHOULD we have used? That's who we are. Thats how the team was built. It works pretty damn well against every OTHER team in the NFL.

Are you suggesting they go into the noisiest stadium in the NFL against one of the best defenses in the NFL and try to be something they aren't? Go 5 wide on every down?

You are telling me the gameplan was horrible. Give me a better one then.

I think African means,correct me if i'm wrong, using Gore in Jumbo packages or traditional I-formations. Gore is more of a vision runner, he likes to be patient behind a fullback or some sort of lead blocker, and find the smallest of creases for 4-5 yds a pop. The read option kinda of takes that away from him, because he doesnt have the time to let the run play develope. This is how we beat seattle at home last year. That, and taking short dump-offs to gore for 4-5 yds.

Whether or not it was a poor game plan or not I think Bay2Bay is right in a sense that these types of plays seem to be could have easily been called with in the game. they are simple formations so to speak, to call during the game IMO

But going back to some Jumbo and I-formations mixed in with the Read option may be the way to get the run game going, idk
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Marvin do you have the number of how many plays Kap has taken under center?

Nope. Refuse to watch it again. Thats why the name of this thread isn't "after REwatching the game".

its not a bad rewatch if you accept how talented Seattle is... I did for most of the offseason and knew this game would be tough.

I'm watching it right now, until Harbaugh's press conference starts.

i'm only watching our offensive plays.
to sum it up...

disgusted.
Originally posted by communist:
Man man man. Watching this game was such a waste of time

What was the gameplan again? I dont get it. Sending in "slow" receivers against physical DBs???..."brilliant".
Where was our passrush? Passrush was missing against the pack, too (at least in the 1st half). Fangio, do your f... job finally.

If we want to be a serious SB contender, we will have to start doing our homework. First of all, scout your opponent exactly, especially if you to play against him twice a year.

WTF?

Fangio is the only one who deserves a paycheck this week.
Only problems caused by defense was injurys to two starters and run defense which I blame on the trenches and execution, not the technique and scheme. Passrush was alive and well.
Having Bruce Miller as our #1 target on pass plays last night is what made our offense garbage. I don't know what the f**k Harbaugh was thinking continuously flanking out Miller for pass plays. We have Vance, Vernon, Patton, Boldin, Williams, Moore, Hunter, Gore and even Celek that are way more viable options being flanked out wide for pass plays. Also I don't see why we abandoned the rushing game with Gore so quickly in the 1st half. We were only down 5-0 when it seemed like Harbaugh just said f**k it to the rushing game and went all in with the read option. Poor coaching lead to poor offense and execution.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Thought we got out coached. Seattle was going to take Boldin and Davis out of the game, so I hoped that Mcdonald would be used a lot to attack the LBs and safties.
TE have made plays against this defense and Davis would have been a good decoy to get Mcdonald open but 49ers rather use read option.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It would be the height of irony if the Niners had to go back to Seattle for a playoff game and actually found a way to knock them off up there. It could happen.

No it couldn't...the dumba$$ coaching staff had 9 months to come up with absolute GAR-BAHGE we saw offensively last night...
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
WTF?

Fangio is the only one who deserves a paycheck this week.
Only problems caused by defense was injurys to two starters and run defense which I blame on the trenches and execution, not the technique and scheme. Passrush was alive and well.

I can't give Fangio a pass on this one...at all. When he FINALLY decides to blitz he does it in the RZ wth the backup FS (Dahl)...may be the easiest TD I have ever seen. How about you blitz a middle LB you moron! And leaving Whitner isolated out in coverage on anyone is a nightmare waiting to happen. But this game was pick your poison...they ALL sucked!
Originally posted by GORO:
Thought we got out coached. Seattle was going to take Boldin and Davis out of the game, so I hoped that Mcdonald would be used a lot to attack the LBs and safties.
TE have made plays against this defense and Davis would have been a good decoy to get Mcdonald open but 49ers rather use read option.

Out coached, poor game plan, crowd noise, weather, game delay, poor WR play, questionable referees, etc....

In the end, we didn't play well as a whole and Kap didn't help the cause like he is supposed to. Time to move on. This is nothing compared to what we went through in Feb. WE'll be alright.
I unfortunately broke a wall in the house.

This was a brain lapse from top to bottom and back up again for the offense. I was expecting something more than just a no huddle, deep throw only, run into the nose tackle as a game plan.

Somebody needs to introduce some WCO to these guys.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Out coached, poor game plan, crowd noise, weather, game delay, poor WR play, questionable referees, etc....

In the end, we didn't play well as a whole and Kap didn't help the cause like he is supposed to. Time to move on. This is nothing compared to what we went through in Feb. WE'll be alright.

I was proud of my teams fight in the Super bowl, this lose hurts more for me. Seattle brags and challenges the 49ers and they have not stood up to the challenge these last two games against them.
Niners are the 2nd best team in the NFCW atm. They better get playing Seattle figured out if we want to continue to win division championships.