1. We started out with the gameplan that would have worked had it not been abandoned. We ran multiple powers on the first two drives and they were actually working. We ran a couple read/options which worked to a degree as well. The assertion that our gameplan sucked simply isn't true. On the first drive Keap makes a horrible throw to miller who had to dig the ball off the turf-had he not needed to do that we would have had a first down on the first drive. On the second drive we got two first downs, and the issue was everyone was covered on the 3rd down play when Keap throws the ball into the zone. He misreads the play and it was Keap's fault. There was really no one open on the play. Williams was the most, but it would have been a dangerous throw.
2. On the 3rd drive (after Reid's pick) we start with a five yard gain on a read option play. Boldin gives it up with a false start (stupid) and then Keap has Gore wide open for a 10 yard gain or more and simply can't complete the pass...we then get our first delay of game. In other words, penalties penalties penalties....this is when the crowd started to take control of the game.
3. Our defense actually played lights-out in this game. Wilson only had 142 yards passing with a pick at home....horrible. The problem was we couldn't win for losing and the defense had some simply bad breaks (with Ahmad Brooks ridiculous facemask), and Aldon was acting like a child. Somehow the seahawks got in their heads...stupid $hit...they acted like a high
school team. In other words, we were winning the down and then losing in-between plays.
4. Then end score of the game was really not indicia of how the game actually went. The seahawks one because the noise got to the team. That's what happened. I actually think the seahawks are simply not as good as they were last year.
5. When we come back from the delay, on our first play we run a straight lead and Goodwin simply doesn't block the right person. It looks like there should have been a double team on the guy in the strong side A gap, but Goodwin goes straight to the backer and the dude simply runs right into Gore. Lame. On the next play Keap needs to step up in the pocket and doesn't resulting in a sack.
6. The absolutely worst play call of the game was on the first and ten at our own five yard line. We ran a total spread formation and ran gore up the middle for negative two yards....this has to be the dumbest call of the game. We should have been pounding the ball out of our endzone. Miller then can't make a simple block and ends up holding the guy in the end zone. First score of the game is a safety....ridiculous. We should never have been in the endzone to begin with.
7. We get stuck punting and with horrible special teams play our defense gets stuck with a short field, but our defense stands strong and gets them when they go for it on fourth down!!!
8. Then Keap misses another wide open receiver on first down for a five yard gain. On third down, Keap steps up in the pocket but has the ball dangling around like a moron....fumble.
9. Our defense then plays strong again and gives them no first down...they have to kick a FG. Whitner got flat out beat again by a TE, but it was a bad throw on second down thank goodness.
10. On the next drive is perhaps one of the game changers that no one talks about. On second down Wilson absolutely destroys the DB covering him, but Boone doesn't block his guy very well flushing Keap to the right, which stops Keap from seeing Wilson. This was a touchdown that was missed because our OL.
11. We then go heavy read option from the reversed wishbone formation-this is a mistake and one of the biggest mistakes in the game. Seattle game planned very well to stop this formation. Keap should have ran for the first down...and would have done so easily. Instead he tries to make a throw to Gore who was covered...stupid and I have no idea what Keap was doing here. GET the FD dumbass.
12. Some have mentioned how Alex Smith owned Seattle, and that is true. Alex's steady, take what they give you, style was very effective. There were a ton of easy plays to be made in this game by Keap and he simply doesn't make them...he had the worst game of his career by far obviously, and that was before he started throwing INT's.
13. The worst play of the game for Keap was on the 3rd and goal from the 3 yard line. Instead of standing strong and high in the pocket for one more second he freaks out and roles to his left. Both Boldin and Patton were wide open...and the OL gave him time to throw. He simply quit on the play....horrible.
I really think everyone needs to calm down. Seattle is a worse team this year than last year at this point. I think this will play out over the course of the year.
[ Edited by bigwads on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM ]