There are 311 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 2: Thoughts after watching the game...

Originally posted by Kaepernick2014:
Originally posted by 5280High:
We will be fine, the fans that take this loss too seriously need to man the f*ck up and realize its football.

Great job as always, not worried about the loss at all, the Seahawks are the only team that matches up well with us at home, I wanna see them do it to us on our own field then Ill believe this is something to worry about.

Ill say it again, if YOU HAVE PLAYED any football in your lifetime you would realize the huge hurdle the niners faced in not being able to hear the QB at the line. The chicken littles that think the season is over havent played sh*t and it shows.

The problem is they could lose to us at the Stick and still get homefield. It all depends on how they play in their other road games.

Then thats our fault... If they lose to us and get homefield then that means the niners didnt do enough during the season. Its 16 games, 1 loss doesnt mean sh*t no matter who it was too or how bad. The Patriots lost to the Bills 30-0 during their second superbowl run, but it was early in the season... they repaid the favor in the rematch and won 30-0 over the Bills on their way to a second superbowl.

Thats the glory of football, anything can happen and it doesnt take much for a game to be close or to get out of hand.
[ Edited by 5280High on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
My thoughts from another thread.



I have to say I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed at the lack of preparedness on the part of the coaching and offensive gameplan. The defense looked great, lost in the shuffle is the fact that the 49ers defense made Russell Wilson look like a 3rd round rookie starting his first NFL game for the vast majority of the game. Having a healthy Aldon and Justin certainly helped but the gameplan was to keep Wilson contained and keep him in the pocket as much as possible and it worked, damn well, like a blueprint for the rest of the NFL in shutting that offense down. However, a defense can only do so much when they keep being put in bad positions because of offensive turnovers and bonehead penalties.


Looking at the turnover situation, this defense played REMARKABLY well last night, a hell of a game overall. But the offense, that was an embarrassment. Roman looked like he was simply winging it, no innovation, no creativity, absolutely nothing to challenge the defense or to get Seattle out of their comfort zone. Seattle imposed their will on this offense and they looked utterly pathetic, like they were happy to rest on their laurels after the Green Bay game. Roman seemed like he had bought into the hype and seemed to be trying to replicate the gameplan against Green Bay....against a FAR better secondary. It was an absolute joke, this was a team that had curb-stomped the 49ers the last time they played and the offensive gameplanning was essentially mailed in.


It's results like last night's why I think Roman is incredibly overrated. He'll put together some tremendous gameplans against flawed defenses such as Buffalo last year, as well as Chicago, who in spite of their success and racking up turnovers early on, were highly overrated defensively. Green Bay this year, I'm sure he'll put together a brilliant gameplan to light up a spotty Colts defense this weekend, but when this guy gets put on the spot, when he truly has to gameplan against a high quality defense, he routinely craps his pants and puts together a mediocre gameplan. You can't say that isn't true either, this team simply goes into the fetal position against top-tier defenses, doesn't even look like the same team out there, just highly predictable playcalls that good defenses eat up.


You can only get away with that so much. What they've been doing against Seattle the last two times, flat out has not worked. I'm hoping, that they don't plan on hitting their heads against a wall the third time and expecting that the possible return of Manningham and Crabtree will all of a sudden make everything alright. They need to attack Seattle in a vastly different fashion than they do against a majority of teams. Seattle's defense is ideally setup to shutdown this team's normal offensive playcalling and that defense gets up for games against the 49ers like crazy.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Harbaugh is still new to this league and has a lot to learn.

I mean, it's not like he played in the NFL for a decade+ or anything..........................
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by verb1der:
My co-worker made a good point....the toughest game of the reg season is behind us.

Way to see the bright side. I'm really down in the dumps guys. Now we have to hear about how Seattle is better than us until we play them again in December! It's going to be a long week and a LONG ass time until we get a rematch. I was at the gym for like 4 hours trying to get my mind off this s**t. How do ya'll cope with this!?! f**k seattle man!!!

lol, I feel exactly the same way.

But the silver lining is this...beatdowns can be a very good thing, depending on the make up of your character. You can let it eat you up, or let it build you. I'd like to think the 49ers have a bunch of players who will dig deep and build upon a loss like this. They were so favored and hyped up during the off-season and this game serves as a fat reality check that they're going to have to earn it again.

Last season was a perfect example...you can argue that when we got beat down in Seattle, the response of the team led to 3 straight wins, and propelled us to the Superbowl!

Yeah that's a good point. Thanks, that helps somewhat. We have the type of team that will bounce back and will be ready to go next week. We're still going to have a great season. It just bothers me that we got beat like that again by that cheating ass team, but we will get our revenge when they come to the stick! This loss adds fuel to the fire and will motivate us to go out and f**k everyone up in the rest of our games. f**k the seahawks.
Teams have Kapow figured out. That's the only thing we should take away from this game. It only takes a defense slightly better than GB's to beat us. The real eye opener wasn't the game against Seattle, I knew they had the better QB/team overall, it was the shoot out against GB at home. GB's porous 2ndary hid Kap's deficiencies, it made him look better than he is. We won because of a slightly better 2ndary than GB's, despite having a one dimensional offense, and a QB not quite ready for primetime. If we were anywhere near as good as Seattle, or had a QB with the vision that Russell has, we would have blown GB away.

Kapow performs terribly against good defenses. We in trouble. Nobody here believes it, but we are in serious trouble.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Teams have Kapow figured out. That's the only thing we should take away from this game. It only takes a defense slightly better than GB's to beat us. The real eye opener wasn't the game against Seattle, I knew they had the better QB/team overall, it was the shoot out against GB at home. GB's porous 2ndary hid Kap's deficiencies, it made him look better than he is. We won because of a slightly better 2ndary than GB's, despite having a one dimensional offense, and a QB not quite ready for primetime. If we were anywhere near as good as Seattle, or had a QB with the vision that Russell has, we would have blown GB away.

Kapow performs terribly against good defenses. We in trouble. Nobody here believes it, but we are in serious trouble.

How does a troll have 1700 posts?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Teams have Kapow figured out. That's the only thing we should take away from this game. It only takes a defense slightly better than GB's to beat us. The real eye opener wasn't the game against Seattle, I knew they had the better QB/team overall, it was the shoot out against GB at home. GB's porous 2ndary hid Kap's deficiencies, it made him look better than he is. We won because of a slightly better 2ndary than GB's, despite having a one dimensional offense, and a QB not quite ready for primetime. If we were anywhere near as good as Seattle, or had a QB with the vision that Russell has, we would have blown GB away.

Kapow performs terribly against good defenses. We in trouble. Nobody here believes it, but we are in serious trouble.



Dude just go being a f**king Chiefs fan already, seriously, I'm tired of the dopes with the absurd Alex man crushes on here.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Teams have Kapow figured out. That's the only thing we should take away from this game. It only takes a defense slightly better than GB's to beat us. The real eye opener wasn't the game against Seattle, I knew they had the better QB/team overall, it was the shoot out against GB at home. GB's porous 2ndary hid Kap's deficiencies, it made him look better than he is. We won because of a slightly better 2ndary than GB's, despite having a one dimensional offense, and a QB not quite ready for primetime. If we were anywhere near as good as Seattle, or had a QB with the vision that Russell has, we would have blown GB away.

Kapow performs terribly against good defenses. We in trouble. Nobody here believes it, but we are in serious trouble.

Teams have not figured Kap out. That's BS. You don't dominate one week, then get figured out the next.

Not every team has the defensive personnel to match up with our style of offense. Seattle clearly does. Until Harbaugh and Roman realize this and adjust accordingly, we will continue to lose to Seattle.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
My thoughts from another thread.



I have to say I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed at the lack of preparedness on the part of the coaching and offensive gameplan. The defense looked great, lost in the shuffle is the fact that the 49ers defense made Russell Wilson look like a 3rd round rookie starting his first NFL game for the vast majority of the game. Having a healthy Aldon and Justin certainly helped but the gameplan was to keep Wilson contained and keep him in the pocket as much as possible and it worked, damn well, like a blueprint for the rest of the NFL in shutting that offense down. However, a defense can only do so much when they keep being put in bad positions because of offensive turnovers and bonehead penalties.


Looking at the turnover situation, this defense played REMARKABLY well last night, a hell of a game overall. But the offense, that was an embarrassment. Roman looked like he was simply winging it, no innovation, no creativity, absolutely nothing to challenge the defense or to get Seattle out of their comfort zone. Seattle imposed their will on this offense and they looked utterly pathetic, like they were happy to rest on their laurels after the Green Bay game. Roman seemed like he had bought into the hype and seemed to be trying to replicate the gameplan against Green Bay....against a FAR better secondary. It was an absolute joke, this was a team that had curb-stomped the 49ers the last time they played and the offensive gameplanning was essentially mailed in.


It's results like last night's why I think Roman is incredibly overrated. He'll put together some tremendous gameplans against flawed defenses such as Buffalo last year, as well as Chicago, who in spite of their success and racking up turnovers early on, were highly overrated defensively. Green Bay this year, I'm sure he'll put together a brilliant gameplan to light up a spotty Colts defense this weekend, but when this guy gets put on the spot, when he truly has to gameplan against a high quality defense, he routinely craps his pants and puts together a mediocre gameplan. You can't say that isn't true either, this team simply goes into the fetal position against top-tier defenses, doesn't even look like the same team out there, just highly predictable playcalls that good defenses eat up.


You can only get away with that so much. What they've been doing against Seattle the last two times, flat out has not worked. I'm hoping, that they don't plan on hitting their heads against a wall the third time and expecting that the possible return of Manningham and Crabtree will all of a sudden make everything alright. They need to attack Seattle in a vastly different fashion than they do against a majority of teams. Seattle's defense is ideally setup to shutdown this team's normal offensive playcalling and that defense gets up for games against the 49ers like crazy.

Nice post man. On the money.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Teams have not figured Kap out. That's BS. You don't dominate one week, then get figured out the next.

Not every team has the defensive personnel to match up with our style of offense. Seattle clearly does. Until Harbaugh and Roman realize this and adjust accordingly, we will continue to lose to Seattle.

I'm sure the 49ers figured out Russell Wilson last night too. Even the best quarterbacks in the NFL have terrible nights, look at Eli and his 4 INT's yesterday against Denver, did they "figure him out?" It's just absurd nonsense on the part of people trolling. Kaepernick had a rough game, but he didn't get any help either, the playcalling was garbage, receivers weren't getting open for the most part, the running game was lacking, he had a bad game, but I'm not going to crucify him for it, s**t happens.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Teams have Kapow figured out. That's the only thing we should take away from this game. It only takes a defense slightly better than GB's to beat us. The real eye opener wasn't the game against Seattle, I knew they had the better QB/team overall, it was the shoot out against GB at home. GB's porous 2ndary hid Kap's deficiencies, it made him look better than he is. We won because of a slightly better 2ndary than GB's, despite having a one dimensional offense, and a QB not quite ready for primetime. If we were anywhere near as good as Seattle, or had a QB with the vision that Russell has, we would have blown GB away.

Kapow performs terribly against good defenses. We in trouble. Nobody here believes it, but we are in serious trouble.



Dude just go being a f**king Chiefs fan already, seriously, I'm tired of the dopes with the absurd Alex man crushes on here.

Russel Wilson didn't exactly play great either and his wide receivers don't get mugged all the way down the field.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
My thoughts from another thread.



I have to say I'm INCREDIBLY disappointed at the lack of preparedness on the part of the coaching and offensive gameplan. The defense looked great, lost in the shuffle is the fact that the 49ers defense made Russell Wilson look like a 3rd round rookie starting his first NFL game for the vast majority of the game. Having a healthy Aldon and Justin certainly helped but the gameplan was to keep Wilson contained and keep him in the pocket as much as possible and it worked, damn well, like a blueprint for the rest of the NFL in shutting that offense down. However, a defense can only do so much when they keep being put in bad positions because of offensive turnovers and bonehead penalties.


Looking at the turnover situation, this defense played REMARKABLY well last night, a hell of a game overall. But the offense, that was an embarrassment. Roman looked like he was simply winging it, no innovation, no creativity, absolutely nothing to challenge the defense or to get Seattle out of their comfort zone. Seattle imposed their will on this offense and they looked utterly pathetic, like they were happy to rest on their laurels after the Green Bay game. Roman seemed like he had bought into the hype and seemed to be trying to replicate the gameplan against Green Bay....against a FAR better secondary. It was an absolute joke, this was a team that had curb-stomped the 49ers the last time they played and the offensive gameplanning was essentially mailed in.


It's results like last night's why I think Roman is incredibly overrated. He'll put together some tremendous gameplans against flawed defenses such as Buffalo last year, as well as Chicago, who in spite of their success and racking up turnovers early on, were highly overrated defensively. Green Bay this year, I'm sure he'll put together a brilliant gameplan to light up a spotty Colts defense this weekend, but when this guy gets put on the spot, when he truly has to gameplan against a high quality defense, he routinely craps his pants and puts together a mediocre gameplan. You can't say that isn't true either, this team simply goes into the fetal position against top-tier defenses, doesn't even look like the same team out there, just highly predictable playcalls that good defenses eat up.


You can only get away with that so much. What they've been doing against Seattle the last two times, flat out has not worked. I'm hoping, that they don't plan on hitting their heads against a wall the third time and expecting that the possible return of Manningham and Crabtree will all of a sudden make everything alright. They need to attack Seattle in a vastly different fashion than they do against a majority of teams. Seattle's defense is ideally setup to shutdown this team's normal offensive playcalling and that defense gets up for games against the 49ers like crazy.

Nice post man. On the money.

Not being able to anticipate Sherman on Boldin shows his lack of preparation. I sat Boldin in my fantasy league because I know the previous stat lines of Boldin against the Hawks. 2 catches for 22, and 1 for 17 when he was on the ravens, If I can figure that sh*t out I would hope our offensive coach could figure that out too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Harbaugh is still new to this league and has a lot to learn.

I mean, it's not like he played in the NFL for a decade+ or anything..........................

Haha as a qb. That is probably why he thinks pass pass pass. He needs to learn when to just run ans secure the ball.
I can't believe that seattle only out gained the 49ers by 83 yards! 49ers just had everything go wrong and even with that being said this could have been a lot closer game. Don't forget that the 49ers lost 40-8 at home to the eagles the year they won their last super bowl. If the 94' 49ers can do that then why can't the 13' 49ers do that against a team much better than the 94' eagles on the road in a stadium that set a new record of attendance and loudness? It's just one game and the season is just getting started. It's better that this happened now and not at the end of the season in my opinion. Kap and Harbaugh don't seem like the type of guys to get beat down and give up. They will be motivated and come back stronger.
Originally posted by gato80:
I can't believe that seattle only out gained the 49ers by 83 yards! 49ers just had everything go wrong and even with that being said this could have been a lot closer game. Don't forget that the 49ers lost 40-8 at home to the eagles the year they won their last super bowl. If the 94' 49ers can do that then why can't the 13' 49ers do that against a team much better than the 94' eagles on the road in a stadium that set a new record of attendance and loudness? It's just one game and the season is just getting started. It's better that this happened now and not at the end of the season in my opinion. Kap and Harbaugh don't seem like the type of guys to get beat down and give up. They will be motivated and come back stronger.

nice post