There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I-Formation, Two TE and Jumbo package.....anyone remember these?

Perhaps we are being outsmarted.

It is possible the staff went into this game playing vanilla to the max knowing this one is a giveaway due to bias.

Win the west and get home field advantage and then unleash against them and knock them out.

Crabtree, Manningham, Boldin, Patton, Gore, Davis, McDonald....we saved everything this game.

That said...yeah...Kaep checks down and we win this one too.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Then how do you beat them?

What we've been doing sure as hell hasn't been working, seeing as we've gotten our asses kicked the last two times we've played them.

If it's to the point where we're that scared of the Seahawks, we might as well just hand them the division title.

Look at how Seattle is beating us, they're beating us using our gameplan, beating us at our game, and they're doing it without breaking a sweat.

The gameplan that Harbaugh and Roman came up with last night was nothing short of crap, it played right into what Seattle wanted us to do.

It's not the stadium (even though that field has been a pain since it opened), it's our game plans. Our coaching staff has no clue how to counter Seattle.


everyone loses there..
Originally posted by ronin1387:
everyone loses there..

Yeah, we cannot allow them to get the #1 seed. These next 3 weeks we have to go 3-0 or 2-1 at worst.
Originally posted by ronin1387:
everyone loses there..

Everyone lost to the British Empire, but that didn't stop a bunch of farmers with pitchforks from rising up against them.

If your mentality is to go into that stadium expecting to lose, then you've already lost. Seattle can be beat in Seattle, someone will figure out how to do it. It's not impossible.
That wasn't team vs team.

That was team vs deaf mutes.

They didn't win, they cheated, as usual.
we need to re-establish our running game desperately.

kap simply doesn't have the wisdom and experience as tom brady would when running a spread offense and finding holes in the defense. let's take some pressure off the kid.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Perhaps we are being outsmarted.

It is possible the staff went into this game playing vanilla to the max knowing this one is a giveaway due to bias.

Win the west and get home field advantage and then unleash against them and knock them out.

Crabtree, Manningham, Boldin, Patton, Gore, Davis, McDonald....we saved everything this game.

That said...yeah...Kaep checks down and we win this one too.

Originally posted by 49erWay:
That wasn't team vs team.

That was team vs deaf mutes.

They didn't win, they cheated, as usual.

LOL at these responses.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we need to re-establish our running game desperately.

kap simply doesn't have the wisdom and experience as tom brady would when running a spread offense and finding holes in the defense. let's take some pressure off the kid.

Yup. #1 on the 49ers to-do list should be fixing the running game.

I don't know how Kap would do in a spread, because we never run it. The personnel we use, even in the pistol, is a pretty standard 2 WR set w/ either a FB or 2nd TE. Only difference is that Kap is a few feet behind center, and the running back is lined up directly behind him.

I think if we did run some spread on Seattle, Kap would have had more success. Same with our running game.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Perhaps we are being outsmarted.

It is possible the staff went into this game playing vanilla to the max knowing this one is a giveaway due to bias.

Win the west and get home field advantage and then unleash against them and knock them out.

Crabtree, Manningham, Boldin, Patton, Gore, Davis, McDonald....we saved everything this game.

That said...yeah...Kaep checks down and we win this one too.

if that was true they should all be fired
We just need to establish the run get iform run out of two tight end get jumbo whatever get the running game going and back on track. Give colin the alex smith treatment. This is his first season as the actual starter, lets give the kid a chance. Let's pound the rock and were not ready for colin to be the guy who throws like brady and Rodgers for 400 a game with no running game. He's not ready for it, lets get the oline and the running game fixed.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,077
What happened? Well, sometimes Roman doesn't know when to pull his head out of his butt and Harbone.............
I have been thinking this same damn thing. When we used those packages and played smash mouth football we won In Seattle with Alex smith at QB. Now that we have a dynamic QB we abandon it. This oline has forgot how to be physical.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
We just need to establish the run get iform run out of two tight end get jumbo whatever get the running game going and back on track. Give colin the alex smith treatment. This is his first season as the actual starter, lets give the kid a chance. Let's pound the rock and were not ready for colin to be the guy who throws like brady and Rodgers for 400 a game with no running game. He's not ready for it, lets get the oline and the running game fixed.

I literally just watched the 1st qtr again and we ran out of the jumbo, I, inverse I, and 12 personnel. All the heavy pull and lead blocking packages that everyone seems convinced we need to start running because we clearly stopped. We never lined up more than 3 WRs in the 1st.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. #1 on the 49ers to-do list should be fixing the running game.

I don't know how Kap would do in a spread, because we never run it. The personnel we use, even in the pistol, is a pretty standard 2 WR set w/ either a FB or 2nd TE. Only difference is that Kap is a few feet behind center, and the running back is lined up directly behind him.

I think if we did run some spread on Seattle, Kap would have had more success. Same with our running game.

Yes. They rarely ran more than 3 WRs. Most of the passing plays come out of 2wr,2te, 1rb. Like you said you can Wralso replace the te with a fb hence Millers recent involvement. The formation isn't bad. Honestly we don't have to change anything but those formations were awful against Seattle. Watch the first series of the game. Seattle knew exactly what was going on with our formations. We've become predictable. Honestly if anyone is to blame its the coaches. When we had 4 wrs and VD running routes it caused confusion. Guys got open. Kaep didn't know how to process it though and missed the read. Yet again a coaching problem.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. #1 on the 49ers to-do list should be fixing the running game.

I don't know how Kap would do in a spread, because we never run it. The personnel we use, even in the pistol, is a pretty standard 2 WR set w/ either a FB or 2nd TE. Only difference is that Kap is a few feet behind center, and the running back is lined up directly behind him.

I think if we did run some spread on Seattle, Kap would have had more success. Same with our running game.

Yes. They rarely ran more than 3 WRs. Most of the passing plays come out of 2wr,2te, 1rb. Like you said you can also replace the te with a fb hence Millers recent involvement. The formation isn't bad. Honestly we don't have to change anything but those formations were awful against Seattle. When we did spread it out Kaep didn't know what he was doing. Harbaugh really needs to make this his next area of emphasis.

I agree. Our formations are not bad, they just don't match up well against Seattle. It's certainly possible we never spread the field with more receivers because Kap is not ready for that many progression reads.