LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

Back to BASIC...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I just generally dislike when players get blamed for the coaching staff having put them in a bad position. You could have replaced Kaepernick with Brady or Rodgers and neither of them would have had a good game using the same gameplan and playcalling.

"Okay Colin, check this out, we're going to play against the best secondary in the NFL in the most hostile and loudest stadium in the NFL. We're going to give you 2 wide receivers, your #1 target is going to get completely shutdown by their Pro Bowl cornerback, your #2 target is a guy coming off an ACL injury who will be absolutely blanketed by their other cornerback or Pro-Bowl safety, but don't worry, if all else fails, we'll have the fullback running a f**king wheel route, it'll all work for the best, trust us. BTW, they do play a ton of man coverage and their defensive backs will be turned away from you, but don't run the ball, you might get hit, after all you'll be a lot better off running around laterally and waiting to be crushed by some incoming 300 pound defensive lineman who will bust through the line because the offensive linemen will decide to show their vagina's today."

"Also remember that deep routes are the best when your receivers can't release at the line of scrimmage and pass protection isn't holding up. That's why we'll only call deep routes, not slants or shallow routes that would make the manhandling within 5 yards pass interference once the ball is thrown."
Originally posted by swayze:
"Also remember that deep routes are the best when your receivers can't release at the line of scrimmage and pass protection isn't holding up. That's why we'll only call deep routes, not slants or shallow routes that would make the manhandling within 5 yards pass interference once the ball is thrown."

"Screen plays? What is this, Siskel and Ebert? Let's get back to discussing football."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
Hopefully this game gets our focus back where it needs to be.
[ Edited by VA49er on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
But they had MONTHS to prepare for it. It's not like it was some big surprise that Seattle was going to be noisy. That's what bugs me most about this 49ers team -- the inability to correct obvious shortcomings:

* Getting the ball snapped in time
* Fixing the secondary
* Handling noisy situations

These have all been glaring problems going back to December 2012.

Yup you're right. Didn't help us very much.

I don't mind going in with a plan that doesn't work. That's ok. that will happen. But, we had no meaningful adjustment it seemed to me.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i also hate it when they call him eli and not by his last name , like he deserves special status,, they do the same thing with his brother. ok this was probably not worth a reply but i felt the need to vent phoenix

I just wish manning would stop making those dumbass pizza commercials.
at least the commercials our coach makes, like the visa one, are funny!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We had months to prepare too. Didn't help us very much.

i just think its really hard to simulate that environment . i hate to throw up my hands and surrender but for right now, as long as they are as good as they are,,, i guess we have to in a very odd way, i sort of hope we play them there in the playoffs, I know that sounds really really bad but i like a challenge besides i just want to be in the playoffs again, no matter where
"Screen plays? What is this, Siskel and Ebert? Let's get back to discussing football."

"I know what Pete is going to do, and Pete knows I know what he is going to do, and I know he knows that I know what he is going to do. If Seattle loves to put 8 in the box and challenge our receivers man to man, that would neutralize our standard two receiver sets. The obvious countermove is to spread the offense out. But they know I would want to spread the offense out and must be counting on me to do that. He will come out with extra defensive backs to negate our spread offense. Better to stick with the standard sets no matter what happens. Yes, this will work."

"Okay Colin, check this out, we're going to play against the best secondary in the NFL in the most hostile and loudest stadium in the NFL. We're going to give you 2 wide receivers, your #1 target is going to get completely shutdown by their Pro Bowl cornerback, your #2 target is a guy coming off an ACL injury who will be absolutely blanketed by their other cornerback or Pro-Bowl safety, but don't worry, if all else fails, we'll have the fullback running a f**king wheel route, it'll all work for the best, trust us. BTW, they do play a ton of man coverage and their defensive backs will be turned away from you, but don't run the ball, you might get hit, after all you'll be a lot better off running around laterally and waiting to be crushed by some incoming 300 pound defensive lineman who will bust through the line because the offensive linemen will decide to show their vagina's today."

LOL
Originally posted by vermonator:
Seems to me that the game plan never changes, even if it isn't working. Maybe I'm missing something, but Harbaugh and Roman don't make adjustments in games, at least ones that work and are apparent. The best coaches know when to throw the original game plan out the window if it's not working, but Harbaugh seems to want to go down with the ship regardless.

One disturbing example.... When the game was delayed, the media coverage said the Seahawks were studying pictures and listening to coaches, the Niners? listening to their I-pods...

So, either they don't know how to make adjustments or just don't. Your thoughts...

What happened during the SuperBowl?
sorry people no matter how much we would've tried to run the ball our o-line was dominated all game.

I agree that the gameplan for Seattle was absolutely horrible. We should've relied on Gore/Hunter right up the middle with pro set plays instead of the pistol read option.
What gets me with the coaching is the lack of willingness to let a young player/rookie/newly signed player, play his way into being good in games. Like Patton and Moore, we barely played them at all so far. Same with kendall hunter. I mean if we are going to act like we will just rely on talents like VD and Gore and Boldin to make it happen for us, we will get found out real quick. Im kind of tired of the red shirt thing honestly. Lets see what we got with some of these guys, especially WR's.
Afternoon niner fans ! Well im dissapointed in the lose and wonder about the bigger picture .... anyone else seeing the problem of losing big games ? The superbowl was a nightmare im still not over the play calling of that last series , but for 2 games now roman has confused me by the play calling . We have gore , hunter and dixon but yet we bailed on the run early and it cost us . Last year when the seahawks were gobbling up free agent talent i lost my mind and now we are a step behind them playing catch up , who the hell were we last sunday anyways ? I didnt even recognize the team we put out there . We have a formula for success and thats running hard complimented by our pass attack to vernon and crabs ( boldin now ) Everyone needs to be utilized and we'll be fine . Just hoping harbaugh gets his @#$%^ together im tired of losing the big games .
Originally posted by swayze:

Hilarious.

I must say, the signing of Owen Marecic could be a step in the right direction. Not sense in signing a full back unless this is to get back to our running style of 2011 and most of 2012.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcashen87:
What gets me with the coaching is the lack of willingness to let a young player/rookie/newly signed player, play his way into being good in games. Like Patton and Moore, we barely played them at all so far. Same with kendall hunter. I mean if we are going to act like we will just rely on talents like VD and Gore and Boldin to make it happen for us, we will get found out real quick. Im kind of tired of the red shirt thing honestly. Lets see what we got with some of these guys, especially WR's.

I re-watched the game and Patton/Moore actually played some significant snaps. They just didn't produce. It APPEARS as if we didn't "use" them but in reality, we couldn't get them the ball because of pressure, missed blocking assignments, Kaep mis-reading coverages or them not being able to break Man coverage. There was a series in the 3rd quarter which Patton played almost every snap...I was waiting to see if he'd provide some kind of spark but those DBs manhandled all of our receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone