There are 223 users in the forums

Back to BASIC...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....

LOL.......why is that never said about a white quarterback? "Dude's just having too many mental issues, he's not smart enough."

When Andrew Luck f**ks up regularly, nobody goes "damn, he just is having mental issues, not understanding the game at all................."

We've seen Kaepernick be fully capable of playing behind center and adapting to pretty much whatever situation he's put in, he can't do anything about shoddy playcalling coming from upstairs or receivers being held and man-handled 15 yards downfield.

..aaaaand this is how threads get locked
Originally posted by verb1der:
That does not mean he's having "mental issues" man! lol
The poor plays (turnovers) by him weren't due to his lack of physical ability....it was a lapse of mental judgement. Furthermore he was rattled...that is a mental issue.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....

LOL.......why is that never said about a white quarterback? "Dude's just having too many mental issues, he's not smart enough."

When Andrew Luck f**ks up regularly, nobody goes "damn, he just is having mental issues, not understanding the game at all................."

We've seen Kaepernick be fully capable of playing behind center and adapting to pretty much whatever situation he's put in, he can't do anything about shoddy playcalling coming from upstairs or receivers being held and man-handled 15 yards downfield.

and who brought race into this?

it was implied

I was just asking. I hear it so often when it comes to black quarterbacks, not so much the other way around. I haven't seen anything from Kaepernick to suggest that he's having "mental issues", I don't think Russell Wilson was having "mental issues" either, both quarterbacks ran into incredibly tough defenses, Kaepernick got absolutely no help from the coaching staff who set him up for failure, running a vanilla offense that resulted in pretty much nobody being open much of the game, but then also hammering into Kaepernick to not use his athleticism to his advantage and take off and go.

I was just asking. I hear it so often when it comes to black quarterbacks, not so much the other way around. I haven't seen anything from Kaepernick to suggest that he's having "mental issues", I don't think Russell Wilson was having "mental issues" either, both quarterbacks ran into incredibly tough defenses, Kaepernick got absolutely no help from the coaching staff who set him up for failure, running a vanilla offense that resulted in pretty much nobody being open much of the game, but then also hammering into Kaepernick to not use his athleticism to his advantage and take off and go.
read post #27
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

this whole thing is getting silly. i think 22 was just saying ck has made some mental mistakes and that is probably true. doing the race thing is just silly
Steve Young used to get far worse abuse. "Deer caught in headlights." Last time I checked, he was a sort of pinky colour.

Lets not bring race into this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
when cciowa tells people to calm down,, they should know they are getting nuts
Originally posted by cciowa:
this whole thing is getting silly. i think 22 was just saying ck has made some mental mistakes and that is probably true. doing the race thing is just silly

"If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point...."

Every quarterback gets rattled, that's not a defect, that's just normal, Joe Montana got rattled, Steve Young got rattled, no QB is ever perfect, what he wrote made it sound like Kaepernick has some sort of defect, like he's maybe been riding around on the short yellow bus or something. Being rattled against a top-notch defense is not the same as "mental issues." If you're a pro-level starter, the whole concept of not making adjustments because you had one bad game is patently silly.

I just find it interesting that when Eli throws 4 INT's, nobody talks about his "mental issues", or Luck or any number of QB's. A bad game is a bad game, not sure why that should reflect on anything going forwards. Flush it and forget about it.

I think part of it is that even on here, people still seem to treat Kaepernick as some gimmick quarterback that just can't grasp running a regular offense and needs to be coddled which I think is far from the truth. I think the coaching staff simply fell in love with running the pistol formation, after they blew up Green Bay twice, they bought into their own hype and hence the team has gotten away from the offense that it used to run, not due to any limitations on Kaepernick, nor do I expect any lasting effects from having a bad game.

He's a pro, he's got experience under his belt now, I fully expect him to bounce back against Indy and make whatever adjustments that the coaching staff deems necessary.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]

"If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point...."

Every quarterback gets rattled, that's not a defect, that's just normal, Joe Montana got rattled, Steve Young got rattled, no QB is ever perfect, what he wrote made it sound like Kaepernick has some sort of defect, like he's maybe been riding around on the short yellow bus or something. Being rattled against a top-notch defense is not the same as "mental issues."

I just find it interesting that when Eli throws 4 INT's, nobody talks about his "mental issues", or Luck or any number of QB's. A bad game is a bad game, not sure why that should reflect on anything going forwards. Flush it and forget about it.

I think part of it is that even on here, people still seem to treat Kaepernick as some gimmick quarterback that just can't grasp running a regular offense and needs to be coddled which I think is far from the truth. I think the coaching staff simply fell in love with running the pistol formation, after they blew up Green Bay twice, they bought into their own hype and hence the team has gotten away from the offense that it used to run, not due to any limitations on Kaepernick.

Don't recall anybody every saying that either.

Originally posted by susweel:

it was implied
Where? Was never implied . Really tired of the race card being thrown around when there was no race issue. That is what Sharpton and Jackson live to do and they are the biggest racist alive.
Don't recall anybody every saying that either.

Don't question Kaep man. It's punishable by death.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Every quarterback gets rattled, that's not a defect, that's just normal, Joe Montana got rattled, Steve Young got rattled, no QB is ever perfect, what he wrote made it sound like Kaepernick has some sort of defect, like he's maybe been riding around on the short yellow bus or something. Being rattled against a top-notch defense is not the same as "mental issues." If you're a pro-level starter, the whole concept of not making adjustments because you had one bad game is patently silly.

I think part of it is that even on here, people still seem to treat Kaepernick as some gimmick quarterback that just can't grasp running a regular offense and needs to be coddled which I think is far from the truth. I think the coaching staff simply fell in love with running the pistol formation, after they blew up Green Bay twice, they bought into their own hype and hence the team has gotten away from the offense that it used to run, not due to any limitations on Kaepernick, nor do I expect any lasting effects from having a bad game.

He's a pro, he's got experience under his belt now, I fully expect him to bounce back against Indy and make whatever adjustments that the coaching staff deems necessary.
i also hate it when they call him eli and not by his last name , like he deserves special status,, they do the same thing with his brother. ok this was probably not worth a reply but i felt the need to vent phoenix
i also hate it when they call him eli and not by his last name , like he deserves special status,, they do the same thing with his brother. ok this was probably not worth a reply but i felt the need to vent phoenix

I just wish manning would stop making those dumbass pizza commercials.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
I just generally dislike when players get blamed for the coaching staff having put them in a bad position. You could have replaced Kaepernick with Brady or Rodgers and neither of them would have had a good game using the same gameplan and playcalling.

"Okay Colin, check this out, we're going to play against the best secondary in the NFL in the most hostile and loudest stadium in the NFL. We're going to give you 2 wide receivers, your #1 target is going to get completely shutdown by their Pro Bowl cornerback, your #2 target is a guy coming off an ACL injury who will be absolutely blanketed by their other cornerback or Pro-Bowl safety, but don't worry, if all else fails, we'll have the fullback running a f**king wheel route, it'll all work for the best, trust us. BTW, they do play a ton of man coverage and their defensive backs will be turned away from you, but don't run the ball, you might get hit, after all you'll be a lot better off running around laterally and waiting to be crushed by some incoming 300 pound defensive lineman who will bust through the line because the offensive linemen will decide to show their vagina's today."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone