Back to BASIC...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by jreff22:
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....

"mental issues"? please explain.

He's saying kap is dumb because he's a "running QB".
i just think the hawks and maybe the rams are just inside of our heads for whatever reason

just good defensive minded HC's who prepare their teams well. Harbs and Roman need to step up their games when they go against them.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Super-offense-meets-its-kryptonite-4820012.php
sus, as usual, most of the time,, is right
If Kap is having mental issues, changing up a lot of stuff might be hard for him at this point....

i just think the hawks and maybe the rams are just inside of our heads for whatever reason

Im not worried about the Rams. However when it comes to the Seahawks, they're out to prove something when playing against us, like it's really their Superbowl. I remember when Arizona (Kurt Warner's time) was the big dog in our division and we would do the same to them, we played with an edge, and most of the times beat them.

It just sickens me some people were obviously waiting for a loss like this to happen so they can spill all the negativity they've been saving for Kaep.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Seems to me that the game plan never changes, even if it isn't working. Maybe I'm missing something, but Harbaugh and Roman don't make adjustments in games, at least ones that work and are apparent. The best coaches know when to throw the original game plan out the window if it's not working, but Harbaugh seems to want to go down with the ship regardless.

One disturbing example.... When the game was delayed, the media coverage said the Seahawks were studying pictures and listening to coaches, the Niners? listening to their I-pods...

So, either they don't know how to make adjustments or just don't. Your thoughts...

really ?

"Media coverage". That should answer your own question.

As far as adjustments are concerned, it's difficult when your offense is predicated on pre-snap reads, audibles, and shifts -- but no one can hear anything.

We'll be fine.
Originally posted by Ballistic:

He has how many starts under his belt? Expecting him to understand everything now, would be impossible. No matter how much some think he is a god.....he isn't. He will need time to learn the in's and outs.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that you're able to make sense/ or a valid point, but you're not

No you're right.....he can read every D, make every call, and is perfect in every audible.

HE IS STILL LEARNING
why are you so upset about this?

He has how many starts under his belt? Expecting him to understand everything now, would be impossible. No matter how much some think he is a god.....he isn't. He will need time to learn the in's and outs.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that you're able to make sense/ or a valid point, but you're not

No you're right.....he can read every D, make every call, and is perfect in every audible.

HE IS STILL LEARNING

That does not mean he's having "mental issues" man! lol

just good defensive minded HC's who prepare their teams well. Harbs and Roman need to step up their games when they go against them.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Super-offense-meets-its-kryptonite-4820012.php
sus, as usual, is right

FTFY
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i get what 22 says. i think he is saying, while ck has done some amazing things, there are still lots of things he needs to learn. some bad things may take place during the learning process, see sundays game,, but it will only help him and the team in the long run. i think you are being a titch to harsh on 22 either that or i am off base with what 22 was trying to say
Originally posted by English:
This tactic was used to simplify things for Alex. He's given two plays at the line, and can only pick between those two depending on the coverage.

With Kaepernick that's no longer needed because he's in full command of the offense and can change plays at the line like elite QBs can. It's a work in progress and it'll get better as the season progresses.

So, why is he using it this season then?

He is, but very sparingly. In 2011, we were using it on nearly every down.
yup you're off base

HE IS STILL LEARNING
why are you so upset about this?

I'm not upset. But people need to realize mental lapses are going to be somewhat common this year.

LOL.......why is that never said about a white quarterback? "Dude's just having too many mental issues, he's not smart enough."

When Andrew Luck f**ks up regularly, nobody goes "damn, he just is having mental issues, not understanding the game at all................."

We've seen Kaepernick be fully capable of playing behind center and adapting to pretty much whatever situation he's put in, he can't do anything about shoddy playcalling coming from upstairs or receivers being held and man-handled 15 yards downfield.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:
This tactic was used to simplify things for Alex. He's given two plays at the line, and can only pick between those two depending on the coverage.

With Kaepernick that's no longer needed because he's in full command of the offense and can change plays at the line like elite QBs can. It's a work in progress and it'll get better as the season progresses.

He sure played like one this weekend.

Gotta give credit where it's due, the Seahawks D is on another level above everyone else, especially in Seattle. Kaep will get his revenge when they come see us. Book. It.
Originally posted by kidash98:

He sure played like one this weekend.

Gotta give credit where it's due, the Seahawks D is on another level above everyone else, especially in Seattle. Kaep will get his revenge when they come see us. Book. It.

this
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

sus, as usual, is right

FTFY
i do not remember saying it in that way.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL.......why is that never said about a white quarterback? "Dude's just having too many mental issues, he's not smart enough."

When Andrew Luck f**ks up regularly, nobody goes "damn, he just is having mental issues, not understanding the game at all................."

We've seen Kaepernick be fully capable of playing behind center and adapting to pretty much whatever situation he's put in, he can't do anything about shoddy playcalling coming from upstairs or receivers being held and man-handled 15 yards downfield.

and who brought race into this?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home